should i golf in college?

SimplyADevil

so someone from college prospects of america called me yesterday to ask me if i was interested in golfing in college. he said i was good enough to get a really good scholarship at a d3 school (which confused me because i thought d3 schools couldn't give athletic scholarships..) he said he'd been following me in the paper for awhile now, and was wondering if he could market me (not sure his exact words)... the thing i don't get is that he thought i had a 5 handicap but it's like 10... so maybe he hasn't been following me all too closely.
anyway... should i golf in college? i always thought i wasn't going to, because they condition year round and have like 3 mile runs at 7am. plus they leave for tournaments on thursdays after school and get back on mondays. so i'd miss two days a week of classes on some weekends. and get this: they play 36 holes a DAY. yikes. i was looking at scores from d3 schools and right now i'd be the third best golfer at a lot of the schools...
my mom is actually incouraging me to golf in college now. last year she told me NOT to because it was too much work. i think she kind of wants me to follow in my older brother's footsteps and he was a basketball god more or less. she's realizing now that i have a little bit of talent and wants me to make something of myself. or that's what i gather from it. what does everyone think? (all two of you who read this forum)

i dont think, i go to michigan:laugh: , but as far as d3 scholarships, they dont give "athletic" scholarships, but they do give grants and academic scholarships, which are like an athletic scholarship

If it's what you want to do, go for it. Just be wary about some of these so-called marketing people who say they can get you a scholarship and want you to sign up for a scholarship search service so they can bill you for their time.
D-3 academic scholarships at private schools are fairly easy to get if your grades are good. It doesn't matter if you are playing a sport or not.