Shady side of Youth Baseball

AATW16

ORGANIZATION: Invites the head coach into their facility to discuss next year and asks the coach what assistants he recommends to bring back, or invite in, to the organization.

COACH: Recommends asst, and a couple of players that he would invite back to the team.

ORGANIZATION: Informs coach he is not being asked back after he gives his recommendations on whom to bring back.

NEW TEAM: Organization brings in a new team who existed under a well named Ohio youth baseball franchise to become the new team of the organization, and assuming the name of the existing team that is now dissolved.

ORGANIZATION: Invites the couple of the players the coach recommended back to tryout for the new, preexisting team who is skipping out on their original organization and is expected to have 1-2 openings.

So in a nutshell an existing team will assume the name of the now dissolved team, and those players on the dissolved team are left to find a new organization for next year.

I can only assume the team who will now assume the identity of the organization's team name had a coach who was mad at how it was being ran and shopped around to take his whole TEAM elsewhere

wHAT SAY YOU?

Last edited:

People wondered why I rail on the youth baseball system if this is indeed true.

I had heard a little while ago that one of the Ohio Elite (having elite in your name just screams arrogance) was going to start training at the Bo Jackson Elite Bo Dome in west Columbus in the offseason but are they the ones who are changing affiliations? They were floating around the idea and sort of recruiting players to tryout with the guise that they were now going to have an indoor facility to train during the winter and spring.

Just sounds like garbage if that team comes in and basically eliminates the team that was already playing under their name.

You have an age group this is happening at?

Ohio Elite (Bo Jackson) has been training and playing out of Columbus for awhile now. This is nothing new. I believe there still is a local Ohio Elite chapters/team locally, at least there was a few seasons ago. The Ohio Elite Bo Jackson pulled players from all over Ohio and beyond. They also play in numerous high profile tournaments all over the midwest & down south. I don't know why this is a problem for anybody. I mean, if you want to play at that level, have the talent, and know that you are going to have a high financial cost to bear, then by all means go for it. Not every kid or family can expect to play at that level, but as far as I can remember, they do a pretty good job of getting their players recruited to higher level college programs.

If this actually happened, it's pretty bad form. Asking someone for inside information and then sending them packing should not be acceptable.

It is fine to part ways but don't do something underhanded like this...

Ohio Elite (Bo Jackson) has been training and playing out of Columbus for awhile now. This is nothing new. I believe there still is a local Ohio Elite chapters/team locally, at least there was a few seasons ago. The Ohio Elite Bo Jackson pulled players from all over Ohio and beyond. They also play in numerous high profile tournaments all over the midwest & down south. I don't know why this is a problem for anybody. I mean, if you want to play at that level, have the talent, and know that you are going to have a high financial cost to bear, then by all means go for it. Not every kid or family can expect to play at that level, but as far as I can remember, they do a pretty good job of getting their players recruited to higher level college programs.
Ohio Elite and Bo Jackson are not at all connected. Two very different organizations FYI.

That's what I implied. Never said they were affiliated, just use the Ohio Elite names, which can be confusing.

Bo Jackson Elite and Ohio Elite are two different organizations and never have I known BJE to use the word Ohio for any of their team names.

Bo Jackson is being run by a guy that use to be a part of or started the Ohio Elite. other than that they are two separate orgs altogether.

Before long we will see post like this: The 2029 EliteAllStarPremierCollegePrepProspects powered by Gerber Baby Food is looking for Mom's in current prenatal stages of producing the next greatest baseball players since sliced bread for our future 8U International Travel Team. If that baby in your tummy wants to see the world and play against the best competition in the USA, Asia and South America while preparing for D1 level college baseball teams with no daddy coaching, then please send your resume and include both parents genetic codes and athletic backgrounds to verify you are going to be popping out the next Mike Trout or Ronald Acuna Jr's.