Sebring Trojans 09

birdseye

Well just back from the game (little bit cold) Beaver Local wins this one not sure of final might of been 9-2 guessing....Trojan scored both there runs without a hit and I think we only had one in the game by Miz which was a shot to left other than that we didnt hurt the ball ,guessing we K'd 15 of the 21 outs but Local didnt do much better they may of had 4-5hits ,pitching wise both sides walked alot of batters ,defense wise we had a couple of misclues one in left and another at 3rd and then our catcher throwing down to 2nd with runner on 3rd with 2 outs and ball getting away and the runner scoring.....but just the first game we need to get more contact out of the hitters....I'm sure we will hope we get another practice game in before the start of season

Small ball

Sebrings bats were not good today. They let way too many strikes go by. Their pitching for the most part was good. The defense needs some work. I think that there are still a couple of positions open that need filled. The boys need to be more on the attack at the plate. I'm glad it is still early. They definitely need to see some more live pitching before the opener on the 30th. I think that this was good from a coaches standpoint to get to see some players at different positions and such. Overall a decent performance with some mental miscues.

The Trojans struggled hitting the ball. Offense is usually the last to come around. There were a few mental lapses on defense and on the bases, which can be corrected.

birdseye

Why don't West Branch and Sebring have a practice game against each other ? Right next door most the kids know each other and give both teams more looks and live pitching .....shoot they use to play during the regular season way back when......take advantage of this nice weather for more practice games and give a fair look for some of them kids on the bubble ..

Mr.MUC

We used to play each other when I was in school. That has only been about 5 or so years ago. Was always a fun time playing against the guys you grew up playing with in hot stove.

birdseye

Yeah it doesn't matter whom wins:) well maybe bragging rights but still would help both teams and easy together and help both teams early on....

COLT EXPRESS

Article today said a freshman won the leftfielders position. Is that true? Sure will stir up some issues of a freshman playing over some upperclassmen. Let the bashing begin.

birdseye

Some freshman as when Rastetter,Jurica was deserving to be on the Varsity team had the talent but since then I think it's been very questionable on the freshman that come up since then some of them I think has been politics which other kids suffered and deserved a chance and quit because of it or didn't go out the next year ....Whit from last year was a plus cause of his arm and you never have eough pitching!!!

COLT EXPRESS

There are those special groups that pass through programs that play varsity from thier freshman year until they graduate. Some are never mentioned in a negative way. Others are under a microscope and every minor thing that goes wrong they are criticized for. I hope that Coach Eaton does not let the weight of the world fall on this kid. If this player can just do what is asked of him and let those seniors lead the team, everything should be fine.

birdseye

Make it clear I wasn't talking about this kid haven't seen him play so i can't judge but was talking about the pass and certain kids.

It looks like the weather will cooperate for tomorrow's scrimmage.

Let's hope that the rain and snow do not show up for Monday and Tuesday's games against Leetonia.

birdseye

Trojans had a slow start but came around in the middle innings and started to hit the ball Eaton and Weekly had nice games ,our pitching wasn't bad and "D" wise we made a few mistakes but over all a good game and nice to see batters making contact....if we start to get some hitting from our 3-7guys it could be a fun year!!!!

Trojans had a slow start but came around in the middle innings and started to hit the ball Eaton and Weekly had nice games ,our pitching wasn't bad and "D" wise we made a few mistakes but over all a good game and nice to see batters making contact....if we start to get some hitting from our 3-7guys it could be a fun year!!!!
This was a good game to monitor the progress that the players have made. Fundamental mistakes were corrected.

birdseye

Why is it one player makes a mistake he gets pulled from the game then the next game the replacement makes a mistake and isn't pulled ?Plus the sun had no effect on todays play .Throwing that out there for anyone to comment,sure that player feels pressure of making a mistake and being pulled,let's hope this player gets a chance to redeem himself in the field.

birdseye

Both young in playing varsity play....one missed a fly ball didnt have his sunglasses lost it in the sun first game ...other one missed the cutoff and runners moved up....what i'm saying is you hurt the confidents of the one and then you tell him by your actions that yeah you made a mistake i/m pulling you but if your replacement does well thats ok....even the vets made
mistakes in the first game nothing was done just saying yeah if a players keeps making mistakes over and over understandable you pull him but gezzzzzzz 1 mistake ....

Flash14

Both young in playing varsity play....one missed a fly ball didnt have his sunglasses lost it in the sun first game ...other one missed the cutoff and runners moved up....what i'm saying is you hurt the confidents of the one and then you tell him by your actions that yeah you made a mistake i/m pulling you but if your replacement does well thats ok....even the vets made
mistakes in the first game nothing was done just saying yeah if a players keeps making mistakes over and over understandable you pull him but gezzzzzzz 1 mistake ....
Its the communication between the players. The young players get confuse or dont know who to throw it to, the cut off man or right at the base.