Scores

Lynch Mob

Haven't heard many scores being reported lately...let's get this ball rolling again.

St. Ursula 51
Lakota West 50

From 12/29 - Trailing the entire game by as much as 14, St. Ursula erased an 8 point 4th quarter deficit. Lizzy Ayers hit the game winner on a layup off a pass from Priya Mullen with 34 seconds left to give the Bulldogs their only lead since the opening minutes of the game. After LW missed a 3 pointer & SUA missed the front end of a 1-1, LW had one last chance. Inbounding with less than 2 seconds left, they attempted a half court shot which fell short.

Madison over Edgewood

The mohawks went to 9-0 by besting edgewood 61-38. After the cougars jumped out to a 5-0 lead it was all hawks with the subs playing most of the 4th qrt. Megan Miller scored 23 mostly on little contested court length passes that the cougars couldnt stop. Hackney did a nice job in the post for the cougars but the mowhawk defense was just too much. The hawks take on Fenwick for the MUM Championship at 7:15 this evening at Miami Middletown.

Haven't heard many scores being reported lately...let's get this ball rolling again.

St. Ursula 51
Lakota West 50

From 12/29 - Trailing the entire game by as much as 14, St. Ursula erased an 8 point 4th quarter deficit. Lizzy Ayers hit the game winner on a layup off a pass from Priya Mullen with 34 seconds left to give the Bulldogs their only lead since the opening minutes of the game. After LW missed a 3 pointer & SUA missed the front end of a 1-1, LW had one last chance. Inbounding with less than 2 seconds left, they attempted a half court shot which fell short.

Someone at the game told me the best part of the game was Fishman whining because he didn't get a call on the last shot. Karma.

I guess I'd be whinning too after giving up a 14 point lead. Those twins are the fastest in the City, and D1 bound I think so I know those big Ursula guards couldn't stay in front of them. I wonder what happened? That sounds uncharacteristic for West.

Due to foul trouble, Ursula had to stop pressing and forced 2 scoring threats to the bench for most of the 2nd & 3rd quarters. The #3 twin had a fabulous game, #22 not so much. When the press came back in the 4th, it caused alot of TO's. Another odd thing that happened was Fishman switched to a zone for 2 possessions in the 4th which resulted in a big 3 and the winning basket. Plus, SUA plays 2 guards (1 starting, 1 6th woman) that are quicker than the big guards you are thinking about.

As for Fishman at the end when they didn't get the call, I thought he handled himself well. Plus, I haven't seen referees run back to their locker faster since LW lost to MND in the state final on a last second basket.

If the score is correct, the refs are taught to head to their locker room as fast as possible. Nothing to do with Fishman, this game, etc.

Lynch Mob,

Who is the freshman that Fishman is going through? And not going through the D1 twin(s)? Canntal (sp)? I see she's getting alot of time for them this year. Fishman does a good job of finding the future stars, is she a Amber Gray in the making?

I agree in a game that close you let the kids decide as refs and run off as fast as you can.

If you're talking about the 3 pointer missed with 10 sec left, yes, it was Cannetelli. She had made three 3's up to that point. I had no idea she was a freshman until you made me look it up. As for the Amber Gray comparison, maybe in terms of being a freshman only. She wassdefinitely only a long distance shooter as 6 of her 7 fga were from beyond the arc.

http://preps.cincinnati.com/BasketballGirls/Boxscore?gameid=129002

Last edited: