SBC - LAKE Division

May happen sooner than you think. Fremont's middle school enrollment is dropping faster than a lead balloon. I predict in 5 years Ross will be DIII. The skirt wearing shot callers in the Lake will have to come up with a new excuse than the classic "they're too big" option.
The 2019 ODE headcount numbers say otherwise.

If their enrollment drops to DIII (25 boys per grade level - 75 total this year), then I'd say they have a much better chance to get in but keep in mind 6 schools in a league is better than 7 due to scheduling. 7 schools = floating bye week and no one likes that. Also, if they continue to be putrid and underachieve, that would certainly help them as well.
Invite Ross and Maumee or Ross and discontent OCC school.

Maumee won't do it. Their admin have already said it would be a nice fit but the geography (drives) wouldn't fly in their community. Understandably.

Oregon Clay? Almost same size as Ross. Can't see it happening with Perkins, Clyde and Bellevue all being DIV schools.

Ross would need to have another dance partner and it would have to be from the OCC. NO TOLEDO area schools. Won’t happen.

I just started reading this thread. looked up the league.

Why don't the DIV teams just create a league and look for an 8th team, maybe firelands or Oak Harbor since they are a big DV.

It would look like this
Bellevue
Clyde
Edison
Huron
Perkins
Port Clinton
Vermilion

then look at trying to get
Firelands
Oak Harbor
Shelby
Maumee
Rossford
Upper Sandusky someone along those lines maybe

that would leave the D3 schools out to figure out their own league...

maybe a
Fremont
Norwalk
Sandusky
Tiffin
Ashland
Madison
Mansfield
Lexington

??? thoughts

I just started reading this thread. looked up the league.

Why don't the DIV teams just create a league and look for an 8th team, maybe firelands or Oak Harbor since they are a big DV.

It would look like this
Bellevue
Clyde
Edison
Huron
Perkins
Port Clinton
Vermilion

then look at trying to get
Firelands
Oak Harbor
Shelby
Maumee
Rossford
Upper Sandusky someone along those lines maybe

that would leave the D3 schools out to figure out their own league...

maybe a
Fremont
Norwalk
Sandusky
Tiffin
Ashland
Madison
Mansfield
Lexington

??? thoughts
I really like that setup.

I think people here are making the assumption that the LAKE schools are not happy with the current 6 schools. That’s simply not true.

I think people here are making the assumption that the LAKE schools are not happy with the current 6 schools. That’s simply not true.
If one read the other site, you wouldn't get that impression. I think many are tired of really bad Toledo teams that don't bring fans plus trips up there, or teams from 2-3 hours away. Instead of 2 Dayton schools for Clyde Fliers, it has to be much better having Ross, no?

I think the schools inside the conference can decide on their own what’s best for their conference. I think it’s great Clyde went to Dayton for ONE game. They got exposure in the SW region, saw that areas style and experienced OHSAA referees from the SW part of the state. They stepped outside the comforts of the NW region. More LAKE schools should do it. Again, the SBC LAKE schools are fine with the 6 teams.

I think the schools inside the conference can decide on their own what’s best for their conference. I think it’s great Clyde went to Dayton for ONE game. They got exposure in the SW region, saw that areas style and experienced OHSAA referees from the SW part of the state. They stepped outside the comforts of the NW region. More LAKE schools should do it. Again, the SBC LAKE schools are fine with the 6 teams.
I take it you didn't mind Truckers playing Delta, Chanel, Lakewood, John Hay, and Mentor Lake Catholic this decade?

I take it you didn't mind Truckers playing Delta, Chanel, Lakewood, John Hay, and Mentor Lake Catholic this decade?
No I didn’t mind at all. I attended every one and wish it was an annual event. Also, Columbus East. In my opinion, Norwalk should be playing at least one game a year vs a Lorain/Cuyahoga/Medina Co school. For personal reasons, my preference would be Lakewood High.

If the OCC would just break up (and that's a big if) and merge with the SBC Lake

Ross
Sandusky
Mansfield Senior
Ashland
Norwalk
Tiffin Columbian
Lexington
Cyde

Mansfield Madison could head to the MOAC since they're looking for at least one team and Madison is looking to move (or flip Madison and Lex).

Bellevue
Perkins
Vermilion
Port Clinton
Willard
Oak Harbor
Edison
Huron

Using current elementary and middle school enrollment, the numbers would be an ok but not great fit.

I realize it's not going to happen.

Ask Clyde how great it was making that 4 hour bus ride down there. I’m curious what time they got back into their beds that night. 2am? 3am? I guess its ok if you don’t really do anything on Saturdays?

Ask Clyde how great it was making that 4 hour bus ride down there. I’m curious what time they got back into their beds that night. 2am? 3am? I guess its ok if you don’t really do anything on Saturdays?
When I was a student at Ross some million years ago, trips to Lancaster, Newark, and Zanesville certainly weren't fun. Now, as a parent to a Trucker football player, I'm grateful our non-conference games are relatively close. However, if we keep beating down the smaller locals, we may have extended trips as well in the near future.

No I didn’t mind at all. I attended every one and wish it was an annual event. Also, Columbus East. In my opinion, Norwalk should be playing at least one game a year vs a Lorain/Cuyahoga/Medina Co school. For personal reasons, my preference would be Lakewood High.

The Buckeye old head coach, Ken Woodruff was an assistant at Norwalk High in 1974 when the Truckers won the state title. His integral role on that team helped to propel him in his career at Buckeye and at the University of Akron. Norwalk scrimmaged Buckeye for years.

i remember ken woodruff when ken woodruff was at norwalk in norwalk while i was at senior at edison back in 1974. back in 1974 buckeye was in the old inland conference with firelands ,avon, south amherst ,medina highland,keystone and columbia. south amherst consolidated with firelands .avon much bigger d-2,medina highland much bigger now D-2, buckeye much bigger now d-3,keystone bigger now d-4 known for having trains go by the field in lagrange.firelands about the same size as in 1974 and columbia the same size in 1974. and back in those days the morning journal covered edison and sandusky norwalk area but havent covered the area in about 15 years.the morning journal stinks.

i remember ken woodruff when ken woodruff was at norwalk in norwalk while i was at senior at edison back in 1974. back in 1974 buckeye was in the old inland conference with firelands ,avon, south amherst ,medina highland,keystone and columbia. south amherst consolidated with firelands .avon much bigger d-2,medina highland much bigger now D-2, buckeye much bigger now d-3,keystone bigger now d-4 known for having trains go by the field in lagrange.firelands about the same size as in 1974 and columbia the same size in 1974. and back in those days the morning journal covered edison and sandusky norwalk area but havent covered the area in about 15 years.the morning journal stinks.
I remember the old Inland Conference, as well. That was some fun small school football and basketball, back in the day. Woodruff had some strong teams at Buckeye. He had a great RB, Ron Brant, who went on to Akron. Lutheran West was in the league, as well. After Highland left, Independence, Brooklyn and Cuyahoga Hts joined and the Inland went two division...East and West. In football, Brooklyn and Buckeye were always battling for the East and Avon and Firelands for the West with the winners meeting in a championship game on the turf at Baldwin-Wallace. You always wanted to make it to that game, because back then it was rare for anyone to make the playoffs before they expanded, so even a lot of truly great 10-0 and 9-1 teams were left out.