Saturday Finals (10/14/23)

St Edward 28
Moeller 21
Moeller's announcer mentioned this as a barometer game against the benchmark best team of Div I, St. Edward, as to where we are now from a slow start at the beginning of the season. Despite letting the 2nd quarter get away from us, there's alot of good we can take away from it with playoffs right around the corner. Despite Jordan Marshall being out with an injury, we were still able to rack up yards, score some points and make it a close game at the end.

GAME STATS:
1697323096153.png

That Ft. Hill does some traveling. A few years ago they played a Pittsburgh City League team in Pittsburgh and rang up 72 points. That was brave, lol.
I did a Fort Hill game this year on a Saturday night. They share their stadium with crosstown Allegany. They're in Allegany County. Between Allegany County and west, there's five high school football teams in the state of Maryland. All 1A. Everyone else is closer to Baltimore and in other leagues. So, finding opponents is difficult for them. There's Northern Garrett, Southern Garrett, Allegany, Fort Hill, and Mountain Ridge in Frostburg.

Part of their problem finding games is that they win. They've won 7 of the last 10 MPSSAA 1A state championships.

EDIT: Throw in some photos from that game. They get a good crowd. Stadium is setup for both sides to handle the Fort Hill/Allegany game. And one endzone has the blue ALLEGANY in it.

Last edited:
And Wadsworth seemed to have just as many fans there as fort hill. Grizzly faithful show up. it was not full on fort hill - combo of a Saturday -and a rainy Forcast maybe deterred. fairly dry during actual game time. Slight mist at times.

And Wadsworth seemed to have just as many fans there as fort hill. Grizzly faithful show up. it was not full on fort hill - combo of a Saturday -and a rainy Forcast maybe deterred. fairly dry during actual game time. Slight mist at times.
Kind of surprised. I just assumed since the score was posted with Wadsworth on the bottom, that they were at home, lol. Is that a trip that requires OHSAA approval because of distance and not an adjoining state?