Saturday 10/3

MND 3
Milford 1

Alter 2
Lebanon 0
Alter now 2-0-1 vs D1 School's and the tie was vs #9 Loveland, with their only loss on the season vs. Waynesville

Mariemont 1 vs. Turpin 1, got to watch this in person tonight. Mariemont up at the half thanks to a great ball played by the small hammer Girl for the Warriors, but really looked disconnected throughout and not due to pressure.. Turpin = Not good. I was told they added a GA girl that would make a huge impact this year, You would never know who she is watching this game. Spartans got the equalizer about half way through the second period a few chances for Mariemont at the end but nothing note worthy. Not sure if this result helps the Warriors or hurts them. They were the better team from the eye test but a tie is a tie.

Was at the Mariemont/Turpin game as well. Agree that they looked disconnected, but I thought they were under more pressure than they are used to. Turpin was fast, physical, and didn't give Mariemont time to put anything together. #18 from Turpin was the most dynamic player on the field - I assume she's the GA player you're talking about (UC commit).

Shouldn't hurt Mariemont for seeding. A 1-1 result against a decent D1 Turpin squad still looks good. They should go into the seeding 10-0-3 - should be good enough for the #1 slot.

Thanks, this is why you can't believe just one persons take. We clearly saw two different games. Turpin was putting on some pressure to score especially towards the last half of the first half, but I did not see much pressure applied to Mariemont while they were in attack. Warriors won most 50/50 balls, Warriors Just looked out of sorts. The blonde that scored for Turpin may have been the GA girl I missed the name and didn't catch the number. I wish Turpin good things. They just looked bad to me.

Mariemont 1 vs. Turpin 1, got to watch this in person tonight. Mariemont up at the half thanks to a great ball played by the small hammer Girl for the Warriors, but really looked disconnected throughout and not due to pressure.. Turpin = Not good. I was told they added a GA girl that would make a huge impact this year, You would never know who she is watching this game. Spartans got the equalizer about half way through the second period a few chances for Mariemont at the end but nothing note worthy. Not sure if this result helps the Warriors or hurts them. They were the better team from the eye test but a tie is a tie.
Not Turpin specific, but IMO, adding a great player to a well below average team won’t change much. Especially towards the end of the season. They would deal with bad passes, no passes, wrong runs, or not making the runs, etc, etc... all season. They would probably be frustrated this late in the season, and possibly be pressing too hard.
Adding a great player to a good team could have tremendous upside.
Again, just my opinion.

Not Turpin specific, but IMO, adding a great player to a well below average team won’t change much. Especially towards the end of the season. They would deal with bad passes, no passes, wrong runs, or not making the runs, etc, etc... all season. They would probably be frustrated this late in the season, and possibly be pressing too hard.
Adding a great player to a good team could have tremendous upside.
Again, just my opinion.
I agree. At the end of the day it is a team sport and you need decent players all around to limit goals against and build around the elite scorer or playmaker.

Turpin is better than their record indicates, IMO. They've lost several tight games against competitive opponents. I've seen them twice and that midfielder might just be the best in the ECC - she's certainly in the conversation with the Minnesota commit at Loveland. This is not a bad tie for Mariemont at all.