Rumor

Well he is probably playing with some good athletes. He wont get that during the regular season. I don't care what style the new coach wants to play, it won't matter because he will not have the athletes to do it. CJ has the athletes. They do well bringing in athletes from Dayton. Unless the new coach recruits his butt off he wont have the talent to play a up and down style. And if he does recruit and brings in players, there will be some mommy and daddy issues with transformation (equal playing time) coaching. Everybody acts like it was Krekes choice to slow it down and run a offense. That's what he had to do with the players he had. Most of the GCL teams play that way. You have to grind.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

And just because you don’t have the athletes to run up and down does not mean you cannot Winn. If he is great at helping the kids develop their skill level, and play good team defense, that can be an equalizer. Just look at this yers national final. Virginia vs Texas Tech. Classic examples

Someone should have said something the first time the family’s name was mentioned.

Comments regarding Dad are like commenting on a Coach. Goes with their territory as adults and leaders. Sons & students are off limits. And I guarantee you all coaches will get excited about a young boy 6'8" finishing up his sophomore year. Right now he's growing into his feet.Coach Moss will have him the next two years as he matures. I guarantee you he is excited to have him in the program. I wish this young man a Hall of Fame career!

I’m not bashing the kid... Stats were available so I simply posted them! Sorry for not being transformational

Transformational has nothing to do with your post! Leaving a boy out of the discussion does. I know I would love to coach him and I have never seen him play. Please join me in wishing him a great Junior, & Senior season.

Last edited:
Comments regarding Dad are like commenting on a Coach. Goes with their territory as adults and leaders. Sons & students are off limits. And I guarantee you all coaches will get excited about a young boy 6'8" finishing up his sophomore year. Right now he's growing into his feet.Coach Moss will have him the next two years as he matures. I guarantee you he is excited to have him in the program. I wish this young man a Hall of Fame career!

I hope that he and Fenwick exceed expectations. We need more quality high school hoops in SW Ohio.

Recruiting....excuse me. Private schools only speak with those in high academic standing and do not care about what type of athlete they are. It’s all about academics at private schools haha

You are obviously being sarcastic. Look at public schools and the "investment" put into athletic facilities. Do you see private schools hosting state tournament games? NO. All the money, from the taxpayers, goes to the public schools. Just look at some of the facilities these public schools have and compare them to the facilities at any private school. In nearly every case, the the publics "win" that battle. So privates have to deliver on the academic side.

Keeps Getting Better and Better

Good sources are clueless. There were no problems with previous AD. Nothing on his yearly evaluations to “work on.” Everything started when new AD came and started listening to parents of kids who weren’t playing enough or weren’t shooting enough. Shame on the parents who chose to send their kid to Fenwick and then weren’t happy with Kreke’s style. He hasn’t changed in 30 years. The parents had other options to send their future college/NBA star to a different high school. AD never attended a practice and rarely showed up at games - how does he do a fair evaluation? AD doesn’t even show up when Atrium Health comes to Fenwick to present them with $250,000 check for their athletic facilities. How does this AD keep his job other than he is the only minority in the school? His incompetence and lack of understanding for what an AD should do is ridiculous. Even more disheartening is that the principle doesn’t do something about it. Other coaches in other sports are beefing up their resumes and looking at other opportunities. Who wants to work for a joker like that? He has not shown any support for Kreke or the basketball program or the players since he cameto the school. He is absolutely lazy in performing his AD duties and does nothing to help the current athletes at Fenwick. When have you seen positive promotion of the school or the athletic programs coming from the athletic department? Worst hire Fenwick has made in past 10 years and it is costing the school a lot of money from long time donors. He is a hypocrite who promotes “Inside-Out” coaching but doesn’t practice it himself.

Read we lost our Athletic Secretary? Also read Fenwick now has hired an Assistant Athletic Director? Can anyone comment what is going on?

Read we lost our Athletic Secretary? Also read Fenwick now has hired an Assistant Athletic Director? Can anyone comment what is going on?
Yes the AD hired his daughter as the new secretary. He fired the last one. New assistant AD is a young guy. And you thought the AD wasn't there now, he might not ever show up to work now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Transformational indeed!

Fires Kreke
Fires Secretary
Hires Daughter
Hires Assistant Athletic Director

Plus this Administration abolished the Fenwick Festival that netted $ 100 000.00 approximately.

Replacing Tennis Courts less than twenty years old!
:shrug:
WOW

Fires Kreke
Fires Secretary
Hires Daughter
Hires Assistant Athletic Director

Plus this Administration abolished the Fenwick Festival that netted $ 100 000.00 approximately.

Replacing Tennis Courts less than twenty years old!
:shrug:
WOW

He is thinking outside the box, millennial style.

Why was she fired?

AD told her she was being terminated because he needed someone that could work evening functions. Funny thing here is that the secretary met with the principal the week before she was fired and he said her job was not in jeopardy. AD's daughter is (so I was told) doing a summer internship and is not being paid. Will be interesting to see if they hire a new FT secretary in addition to the Assistant AD. How many schools the size of Fenwick (without a Junior High program) have an Assistant AD? AD now has someone to blame when things don't get done.

Couple of other AD stories that I recently heard. Since he failed to hire a track coach timely he coached track himself this year. Before the season started he approached a female lacrosse player and asked her to also run track. She told him lacrosse would be her number 1 and she wouldn't be able to make many track practices. He told her (in front of one of her parents) that he would work with her on that and there would be no problems. She competed in both all season long and was able to attend the track meets. Then the night before the GCL league meet she received a text from the coach saying that she couldn't compete in the league meet because she had missed too many practices. She got a text - not a personal phone call!!

Another - a Fenwick athlete was nominated for the Cincinnati Enquirer Winter Athlete of the Year. The nomination and details on attending the red carpet award presentation (a nice banquet hosted by Andy DAlton) were sent to the AD via email. AD either ignored the email or missed it and the athlete never knew he was nominated, thus missed the banquet. When the AD was confronted about this miss - what did he do? Nothing. Any responsible adult (especially one who preaches transformational ideas and Inside/Out coaching) would have picked up the phone and called to apologize to the athlete. Mistakes happen, but not owning up to your mistakes is not acceptable.

And add to those the rescheduling of the baseball District Final game that happened without his input. Game was rained out and needed to be played on the same day as Fenwick graduation. Hats off to Miamisburg (host school) and Franklin (opponent) athletic departments for rescheduling the game so the Fenwick seniors could play and attend graduation. Word from both schools is that the Fenwick AD didn't answer calls to his office or cell phone and didn't return messages, so they finalized the game time without him.

There's "giving money" and there's tuition reduction. They yield the same result. Minimal tuition paid for some students/athletes.

Spend time with some GOOD 8th graders(parents) every year...and you'll know which schools offer half tuition, or even 1/3 tuition...and some schools offer very little help to the same great athletes. the archdiocese schools all use the same financial aid applications and standards. the numbers from school to school shouldn't be that different unless there was another consideration.

Yes they all use the same standard procedure of reporting income and ability to pay, however every Catholic or private school has a different amount of $ available to offer tuition assistance (financial aid) or scholarships available. Some schools offer scholarships that are all based on financial need some do it on merit (high Placement test score and or academic resume) and some have both. Each of my kids were offered different amounts at all the schools they applied to ranging from $0 to almost half. Two had high academic and test scores and 3 play college sports. For instance X only offers scholarships to the top 10 students, where as MND gives dozens of small scholarships to the top group, and schools like Summit or CCD give about half of their incoming freshman scholarships. all of the above offer financial aid but the same family will get different amounts at each of the above schools depending on the amount in the kitty and # of wuakifilying applicants. Each school sets their own standard and it will vary from year to year.

Yes they all use the same standard procedure of reporting income and ability to pay, however every Catholic or private school has a different amount of $ available to offer tuition assistance (financial aid) or scholarships available. Some schools offer scholarships that are all based on financial need some do it on merit (high Placement test score and or academic resume) and some have both. Each of my kids were offered different amounts at all the schools they applied to ranging from $0 to almost half. Two had high academic and test scores and 3 play college sports. For instance X only offers scholarships to the top 10 students, where as MND gives dozens of small scholarships to the top group, and schools like Summit or CCD give about half of their incoming freshman scholarships. all of the above offer financial aid but the same family will get different amounts at each of the above schools depending on the amount in the kitty and # of wuakifilying applicants. Each school sets their own standard and it will vary from year to year.

An accurate and intelligent post on parochial school financial aid.