ROE VS WADE OVERTURNED!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of Americans support a woman's right to get an abortion. It is the state legislators who are making these decisions. If you want to decide it at the state level it should be put on the ballot in every state.
It is on the ballot...you vote for the representatives who make these decisions.

Let’s see how much they like this court when they throw out Griswald. Suddenly their wives/girlfriends/daughters won’t have the right to birth control anymore. Instead they’ll be at the mercy of individual states.
Plenty of condoms available ?‍♂️

Who's banning contraception anyway?

There’s already 15 states that have it outlawed. And my politics are well known, I’m mostly right of Center, but I think this is a losing issue for Republicans
Good thing the economy is the important issue and that's a killer for the Dems.

There’s already 15 states that have it outlawed. And my politics are well known, I’m mostly right of Center, but I think this is a losing issue for Republicans
So 35 haven't? Seems like options are still very open.

Their job is to enforce the laws. Not to make the laws. Democrats want the supreme court to make laws and that isn't the purpose. Of course many of them were asleep when separation of powers and checks and balances were taught in school it seems
They need the judiciary to make laws because they can't get their ideas through the democratic process.

This is true and it’s even stupider thinking expanding the court is a good idea.
We'll see how they feel about court packing when Republicans take over. I'm guessing all of a sudden it'll be seen as treasonous.

Two things:

1. When did Democrats finally understand what a woman is?

2. What happened to all the pregnant men from a week or two ago?

1656154907017.png

The Left doesn't understand Thomas' reasoning. He is not suggesting that we get rid of anything like gay marriage, contraception, etc. He is saying that the underlying constitutional reasoning for those decisions is garbage (it is), and that the reasoning should be changed. He isn't necessarily against the result, but is against how we got there.

Another interesting thing is that the Left is showing very clearly is that they believe the Supreme Court's purpose is to uphold their sense of cultural morality, not to interpret the Constitution.

I have yet to hear anything from our unhinged fellow citizens on the other side, that approaches anything close to a constitutional argument - and there is good reason for that. There aren't any.

The Left hasn't really had to defend this abomination for the last 50 years because all they needed was "abortion is the established law of the land." They better get in a room and sharpen their arguments because they are going to have to make some now.

Status
Not open for further replies.