ROE VS WADE OVERTURNED!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that “enthusiasm” would of turned up in the Illinois primaries ??

An oddity though is that early and mail in voting were down. In person voting however was up quite a bit.

Dobbs came down after the end of early/mail in Illinois. The jump on Election Day is most likely related to Dobbs. As for turnout in general outside of a few house races there really weren’t many competitive races to draw out voters ??‍♂️

Biden’s approval rating and a generic poll are not good ways to judge abortions politivalimpact. The correct way to judge it is the impact it has on voter enthusiasm and subsequent turnout.

https://www.lx.com/politics/democra...-gap-4-months-before-2022-midterms/55009/?amp

This jives with other polling out there that it’s energized the dem base. Especially younger voters who typically require an issue to turn out for mid term elections. They now have an issue to turnout for when they definitely didn’t a month ago.

Nothing is going to save the house but there’s a bunch of individual races that could be influenced by that increased turnout.
We'll see but voter enthusiasm is a very subjective measurement. And enthusiasm today doesn't necessarily translate to next month.

I would need to see a lot more proof that the recent abortion ruling has energized the dem base to any significant degree.

An oddity though is that early and mail in voting were down. In person voting however was up quite a bit.

Dobbs came down after the end of early/mail in Illinois. The jump on Election Day is most likely related to Dobbs. As for turnout in general in Illinois outside of a few house races there really weren’t many competitive races to draw out voters ??‍♂️
Total guesses with no supporting data. I suspect that early & mail in voting is usually low for primary elections with in person voting dominating the results.

Also you neglect to consider the impact of the leak. While Dobb's was the official ruling it's been known for several months that the SCOTUS was going to overturn Roe vs Wade. Where was all this voter enthusiasm then?

We'll see but voter enthusiasm is a very subjective measurement. And enthusiasm today doesn't necessarily translate to next month.

I would need to see a lot more proof that the recent abortion ruling has energized the dem base to any significant degree.

I agree it can be fleeting but abortion isn’t exactly a fleeting issue.

We will actually get a case study on abortion and it’s turnout effects just to our north. A group in Michigan has gathered the necessary signatures to get abortion on the ballot in November. Lessons will be learned im sure.

Total guesses with no supporting data. I suspect that early & mail in voting is usually low for primary elections with in person voting dominating the results.

Also you neglect to consider the impact of the leak. While Dobb's was the official ruling it's been known for several months that the SCOTUS was going to overturn Roe vs Wade. Where was all this voter enthusiasm then?

Isn’t your suspicion a complete guess with no supporting data?

I’m not sure why a leak would motivate people? People were waiting out the actual ruling.

I’m not sure why a leak would motivate people? People were waiting out the actual ruling.
It is a guess on my part but it is supported by the lack of any movement in polling. If this was a hot button issue generating strong enthusiasm among core democrat voters you would see some evidence of it in the polling.

And while we are on the topic of generating enthusiasm in voters how about the tens of millions of Trump voters convinced that the 2020 election was stolen? That is pretty motivating. Or how about all the independents motivated by the high gas prices and damaging inflation? Or how about all the mothers and family members motivated by their inability to get baby formula for the baby's in their life? That can be very motivating.

I suspect there are a lot of people who voted for Biden expecting to get a calm, presidential man who would govern moderately. Now these people realize they've been the victims of an epic bait & switch scheme. And those that suffer from fraud on this scale are often very motivated to make things right.

It is a guess on my part but it is supported by the lack of any movement in polling. If this was a hot button issue generating strong enthusiasm among core democrat voters you would see some evidence of it in the polling.

And while we are on the topic of generating enthusiasm in voters how about the tens of millions of Trump voters convinced that the 2020 election was stolen? That is pretty motivating. Or how about all the independents motivated by the high gas prices and damaging inflation? Or how about all the mothers and family members motivated by their inability to get baby formula for the baby's in their life? That can be very motivating.

I suspect there are a lot of people who voted for Biden expecting to get a calm, presidential man who would govern moderately. Now these people realize they've been the victims of an epic bait & switch scheme. And those that suffer from fraud on this scale are often very motivated to make things right.
Anyone who thought this would be anything but a leftist administration is a fool.

Y’all are going down in a historical beat down ?

My guess is about 35-40 seats. A butt whipping without a doubt but far from a historical defeat.

Redistricting eliminated many competitive districts. It’ll be hard for either party to pick up 50-60-70 seats imo.

Last edited:
That is not what some judges said in their public testimony. Are you calling them liars?
I don't care what they said, it doesn't mean forever. And to suggest it is dead, after 50 years is silly on its face. It actually demonstrates that it is alive due to nothing changing for 50 years.

Here's an interesting take on how the recent abortion ruling will actually depress democrat voter enthusiasm and turn out.

I hate to say this but I was right the find the leaker has faded into history without be named. Did I not predict this was going to happen?

That didn't take long....it was never about states rights or democratic principles. Lying hypocrites on the right.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
No I support allowing women to choose to carry a zygote. I am not in favor of forcing a women to carry a zygote to term when rape or incest takes place.
So if a rape results in a pregnancy, your solution is to kill the baby but not the rapist. My god you are sick

So if a rape results in a pregnancy, your solution is to kill the baby but not the rapist. My god you are sick
It is not a baby...it is a glob of cells...azygote. I am fine putting restrictions in the later stages of pregnancy particularly when the fetus is viable with the decision to be lead by the doctor and the family as opposed to a bunch of legislators that no little about reproduction or medical procedures/womens health. So yes. Forced pregnancy is sick and barbaric.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
My guess is about 35-40 seats. A butt whipping without a doubt but far from a historical defeat.

Redistricting eliminated many competitive districts. It’ll be hard for either party to pick up 50-60-70 seats imo.

Also, the GOP already picked up 12 of the seats in 2020. That was pretty historical in and of itself.

I would prosecute rapists your party is supporting them and protecting them and giving them paternity rights.

Come again?
1657198350102.png

It is not a baby...it is a glob of cells...azygote. I am fine putting restrictions in the later stages of pregnancy particularly when the fetus is viable with the decision to be lead by the doctor and the family as opposed to a bunch of legislators that no little about reproduction or medical procedures/womens health. So yes. Forced pregnancy is sick and barbaric.
Lol, somebody learned a new word....kind of like Harriet....

You support mass murder of babies
If this is settled at the state level, it will be interesting to see how it plays out. I don't believe the majority want a total abortion ban. I believe the majority want abortion to be allowed in certain situations. The majority that want a total ban are the church Affiliated people. A number that is constantly decreasing as time goes on. There is a large group that are pro-choice. I would say a large number of them are younger generations. The third group is those who don't feel abortions should be used as a form of contraception but still are in favor of abortions for extreme situations. A total ban maybe what the majority of voters in some heavily religious states. But not the majority nationwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.