ROE VS WADE OVERTURNED!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1656251877895.png

Now that there are officially no federal abortion protections, many elected Democrats, especially in leadership, seem to be listless, resorting to platitudes of hope, perseverance, and voting as their best response to the court’s conservative majority taking away a right. It’s true that electing more Democrats could provide a long-term fix, but between now and the start of a new session of Congress, millions of Americans living in nearly half the country won’t have a right to an abortion.

You would need to get a lot smarter to get up to the level of stupid.
Trump signed $1200 checks in April 2020 and another $600 in late 2020/early 2021
If stimulus checks were bad, why did SJB sign another for $1400 in March of 20
How about 0 percent interest rate..supply shutdown equal inflation.

I thought you said you got vaccinated by choice, no? Who forced you.
Yes I chose to get vaccinated. But the rhetorical point of my post was that the left argued that the government & private enterprise had the right to force vaccination on people and if they refused could deprive them of their chosen profession.

It's not just the left that disagrees with this decision. You know better. In the long run this unpopular decision will likely hurt not help the Republican party.
Do the right thing..... even if it does not directly benefit you...... (I know that type of thinking is foreign to you and your supporters on the left)

We should be celebrating this decision to ditch bad law.

Abortion Protester who allegedly attacked a police officer with a “makeshift flamethrower” in LA is facing possible charges for attempted murder.​

The Los Angeles Police Department said 30-year-old Michael Ortiz attacked an officer with a torch, sending the officer to the hospital with burn injuries.

The attack happened during protests staged in downtown Los Angeles following the United States Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, the landmark abortion protection ruling.

While most demonstrations were peaceful, a sentiment echoed by both organizers and the LAPD, a small group of protesters did clash with police in downtown. Bottles, rocks and fireworks were seen thrown at officers during a later portion of the protest.

Ortiz was booked into jail where he awaits charges for attempted murder of a police officer, LAPD said. He remains in custody as of Saturday night with bail set at $1 million, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department inmate roster.

LAPD Chief Michel Moore said that, although he supports protesters exercising their First Amendment rights, those who commit crime will be arrested and the department will “vigorously pursue prosecution.”

Is this better
No, the Catholic League is corrupt too. And I went to 16 yrs of Catholic school. I’m not opposed to the Catholic faith and if I had kids, they’d go to Catholic school, but the people in charge are corrupt.

It seems to me that it is quite obvious that Roe Vs Wade was unconstitutional. My question how can something that is unconstitutional be left in force for almost 50 years? I thought that was the job that the Supremes were put in place to make sure did not happen? Also we have three maybe four Supremes that need to go if they can not even recognize something that is unconstitutional.

Last edited:
I don’t think employers should pay for it, but it’s also extremely reductive to call it “killing babies.”

As I’ve said many times, it is a complex, nuanced issue. The Pro Life people need to understand it’s not about “killing babies” and the Pro Choice need to understand it’s not “controlling women’s bodies.”

No, the Catholic League is corrupt too. And I went to 16 yrs of Catholic school. I’m not opposed to the Catholic faith and if I had kids, they’d go to Catholic school, but the people in charge are corrupt.
See talk like the above is what got you banned from elder football games. Do you get to attend other sporting events and other activities? If you do you might want to watch what you say.

I don’t think employers should pay for it, but it’s also extremely reductive to call it “killing babies.”

As I’ve said many times, it is a complex, nuanced issue. The Pro Life people need to understand it’s not about “killing babies” and the Pro Choice need to understand it’s not “controlling women’s bodies.”
I agree with some of this. But you're never going to convince me that abortions in the last trimester are anything but about killing babies.

Mama wrong again!

This has nothing to do with popular opinion…
Abortion is not a right and was never mentioned in the US Constitution, therefore it is left up to the States.

What SCTOUS did in 1973 was unconstitutional. It has finally been set right.
I have written this same fact multiple times since Friday to those who are emotionally-guided.

Status
Not open for further replies.