Wyoming vs. Summit
Tipp vs. Columbus St. Francis Desales

D3
Mariemont vs. Troy Christian
Botkins vs. Columbus Academy

Last edited:

D1
Mason vs. Centerville
Mason comes up against maybe the strongest team outside of St. X that they’ve seen all year. Centerville seems to be rolling with their big win over loveland. I’ll go with the Ville.
St. Xavier vs. Sycamore
St. Xavier wiped the floor with Sycamore earlier in the year. I don’t think it will be as bad as what it was last time, but I don’t see Sycamore having enough to win this.

D2
Wyoming vs. Summit
Wyoming beat SCD last year in the tournament to end their streak and beat them 2-0 earlier this season. Can Wyoming beat them 3 times in a row? I think so. Should be a great game.
Tipp vs. Columbus St. Francis Desales
Tipp’s 2-0 win over Oakwood shows us that they’re the real deal. DeSales is always tough but this seems like a down year for them (in a regional semi still!!) I’ll take Tipp.

D3
Mariemont’s offense is rolling but their D leaves something to be desired. I think they pull it together and shutout TC this week.
Botkins vs. Columbus Academy
Botkins playing tough all year. Doesn’t stop now. Will be fun to see a rematch between Botkins and Mariemont!

Last edited:
D1
Mason vs. Centerville
St. Xavier vs. Sycamore

D2
Wyoming vs. Summit
Tipp vs. Bishop Watterson/Columbus St. Francis Desales

D3
Botkins vs. Columbus Academy/Milford Center Fairbanks

Mason has fight, but Centerville wins 2-1
St. Xavier beat Sycamore 5-1 earlier in the season. I don’t think the second matchup goes 5-1, but St. X wins 3-0

D1
Mason vs. Centerville - Centerville is the Dayton version of Mason but worse. As a community and a team. I go Mason.
St. Xavier vs. Sycamore - Poor little public school beats the evil empire (evilest empire was eliminated in the second round). Sycamore wins.

D2
Wyoming vs. Summit - I’ll pick the rich ones. Oh that doesn’t really narrow things down. Wyoming wins.
Tipp vs. Columbus St. Francis Desales - Just the Tipp again!

D3
Mariemont vs. Troy Christian - I still wanna Marie them! Mariemont wins the game and my admiration.
Botkins vs. Columbus Academy - Who? Columbus Academy sounds pretentious. Probably means they are good at this sport. I’ll go with them.

What is the deal with giving home games in the regional tournament? Especially after the district semis and finals were at neutral sites?

D1
Mason vs. Centerville 3-2
St. Xavier
vs. Sycamore 3-0

D2
Wyoming vs. Summit 3-2 OT
Tipp
vs. Columbus St. Francis Desales 2-0

D3
Mariemont vs. Troy Christian 1-0
Botkins
vs. Columbus Academy 2-1

Mason has fight, but Centerville wins 2-1
St. Xavier beat Sycamore 5-1 earlier in the season. I don’t think the second matchup goes 5-1, but St. X wins 3-0
Well, got the Centerville Mason score right, but Sycamore and St. X 1-0 was tight. Of course St. X did score another goal that was called back that the video shows St. X was onside by a solid 3-4 feet when the shot was taken. Luckily that one didn’t matter in the end.

What is the deal with giving home games in the regional tournament? Especially after the district semis and finals were at neutral sites?
From what I have heard, the SWDAB made the decision to use neutral sites per usual through the district finals. After that decision was made the OHSAA came out and made the decision that all games from the regional semis on would be played at home sites of the team on the top line of the bracket.
I believe COVID is the obvious reason why, maybe neutral sites not wanting to deal with the restrictions but that is what I heard.