Region 20 Final: #3 Preble Shawnee v. #5 Versailles

I'm curious before the photo as he is obviously on his way back up. haha
Video of it was on a Cincinnati station. His butt rolled onto the RB player and then he popped back up without his butt, knee, elbow touching the ground. Happened near shawnees sideline.

Tigerball 28
Shawnee 14
This is my prediction as well. I picked Versailles to win R20 before the season started and they've done nothing to change that opinion. That's not to take anything away from Preble Shawnee. The Arrows weren't on my radar, or many people's radar, to start the season. Their win over Roger Bacon was impressive. It's my understanding their RB and ground game can literally take the will out of a defense. The latest example of that was Williamsburg when players no longer wanted to tackle him. Versailles is the one team in this region that can physically matchup with PS. Some of that is playing in the MAC and being prepared for this type of game. I expect PS to compete well but ultimately TigerBall wins out, 28-14.

This is my prediction as well. I picked Versailles to win R20 before the season started and they've done nothing to change that opinion. That's not to take anything away from Preble Shawnee. The Arrows weren't on my radar, or many people's radar, to start the season. Their win over Roger Bacon was impressive. It's my understanding their RB and ground game can literally take the will out of a defense. The latest example of that was Williamsburg when players no longer wanted to tackle him. Versailles is the one team in this region that can physically matchup with PS. Some of that is playing in the MAC and being prepared for this type of game. I expect PS to compete well but ultimately TigerBall wins out, 28-14.
I think any Arrows fans know they are the underdog but I like that role.

Last edited:
Twitch was blocked for the PS vs RB game so unfortunately no live stream of it. I will breakdown the game for you really quick.

RB was by far the more talented team. They just didn't execute. PS had a ton of heart and it showed and well coached. RB had success early when they had the bigger back in and never went back to it. They looked lost for the most part on offense and the only constant was that they had success throwing the ball. They didn't take any big shots. Everything was just short passes and then they would try mid range passes when they got behind the chains. PS did a great job of stopping the run. They just sat in cover 3 all night and RB looked as if they didn't know how to attack it. On defense, PS is all QB/RB. You take those two out, especially the QB who is really quick and it's over. It looked like PS was really banged up as well, but boy do those boys just keep coming back. They had zero passing game besides a double pass that went for a TD. My opinion from the stands was that RB gave that game to PS and some poor officiating didn't help, but you should never leave it in their hands. The first touchdown for PS was not a touchdown as the kid was down. You can find it online on twitter I believe. It was on either channel 5 or 19's sports guys page. RB's kickoff lead to some terrible field position for them and then they had a punt of like 8 yards that didn't help either. Either way, PS is a well coached, tough team who is very banged up now and will fight until the end. They wanted to win more, stuck to what was working on offense and defense and deserved to win that game. It will be a hard fought game against Versailles, but I think they are too much for PS to handle after this past week.
Versailles needs to get their hands on the film from Greenon. Greenon had a 140lb kid shut down the big running back. Hopefully Versailles has one of those types of kids.

Versailles needs to get their hands on the film from Greenon. Greenon had a 140lb kid shut down the big running back. Hopefully Versailles has one of those types of kids.
in the mud pit game? Means nothing. If that game was played on turf it wouldn’t have been close. Sorry.

And is this the Shawnee Vs Versailles post or the sad what if team post
It would be nice for us fans to be able to watch the PS game against Greenon. It was on NFHS but has been shortened to 1 minute 6 seconds. The Versailles Coaches and Football team have watched that game. What is the PS Coaches thoughts on taking it off so us fans can't watch it?

It would be nice for us fans to be able to watch the PS game against Greenon. It was on NFHS but has been shortened to 1 minute 6 seconds. The Versailles Coaches and Football team have watched that game. What is the PS Coaches thoughts on taking it off so us fans can't watch it?
I’m not sure why that game is not on there maybe if you pay another 25.99 NFHS will let you watch it

Shawnee needs to stick with what got them this far, running game and patience. They start trying to throw the ball around a bunch and it will be interception city.

run the ball
patience
This. They’ve gotta be physical up front. Long sustained drives and keeping the ball out of the hands of Versailles is the only way to win this one. No turnovers, gotta win time of possession and finish drives.

This game will be similar to the St. Henry - TV game. V 42 - PS 13. PS allowed 61 pts. vs Bradford- Ansonia combined.
That’s misleading. 20 of the 27 total points Bradford scored against PS came in garbage time against the 2s. Preble could have shut them out if they wanted to

That’s misleading. 20 of the 27 total points Bradford scored against PS came in garbage time against the 2s. Preble could have shut them out if they wanted to
These 2's must be really bad then since you called them garbage, wonder what kind of look they give the 1's during practice?

Preble Shawnee's QB is their Nose Guard...that is FREAKING AWESOME!!! Some throwback stuff. For that reason alone I'm pulling for the Arrows (but deep down I know they are giant underdogs)

This is a fact. Shawnee could've beaten Bradford 100+ to 0 if they felt like it. Calling off the dogs allows that game to look that way.

This is a fact. Shawnee could've beaten Bradford 100+ to 0 if they felt like it.
To be fair, so could probably 75%+ of all the football programs in ohio. Bradford should probably look toward 8 man.

Point still stands that Shawnee is having a heck of a season. The only advice I can give is dont change your preparation routine and dont go into the game expecting to lose. You never know what may happen