Region 20 Championship: Germantown Valley View (12-1) versus Waynesville (11-2)

Who wins?

• Valley View by 1-8

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Valley View by 9-16

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Valley View by 17+

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Waynesville by 1-8

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Waynesville by 9-16

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Waynesville by 17+

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
It is under the Liberty Center-Coldwater thread and says it was confirmed by the OHSAA. Since when has the OHSAA ever been logical lol?
glad that’s not confirmed. if Wheelersburg were to win (don’t think they will) then zero chance they’d play the NE Ohio team. i think we are going to see Coldwater-Valley View and Harvest Prep/Perry, which would make sense.

glad that’s not confirmed. if Wheelersburg were to win (don’t think they will) then zero chance they’d play the NE Ohio team. i think we are going to see Coldwater-Valley View and Harvest Prep/Perry, which would make sense.
It will be Liberty Center , not Coldwater. Clearly you don't know much about Liberty Center. They beat Coldwater by 30 last year , and are even better. Lc will win 35-14....

It will be Liberty Center , not Coldwater. Clearly you don't know much about Liberty Center. They beat Coldwater by 30 last year , and are even better. Lc will win 35-14....
someday, doubt Coldwater or any MAC team will bite you in the a**. last years version of Coldwater may have been the worst in a decade. this years team has a win over the likely D6 champ Versailles and Bellefontaine who has proven to be a legitimate contender in D3.

OHSAA Releases Football State Semifinal Bracket Pairings​

November 14, 2023
News Release – Ohio High School Athletic Association
Executive Director Doug Ute

www.OHSAA.org | twitter.com/OHSAASports | www.Facebook.com/OHSAASports | www.instagram.com/ohsaasports

For Immediate Release – November 14, 2023
OHSAA Contact –
Tim Stried, Director of Media Relations, tstried@ohsaa.org

OHSAA Releases Football State Semifinal Bracket Pairings
Regional champions will meet November 24 in the state semifinals

COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio High School Athletic Association has announced the bracket pairings for next week’s football state semifinal games. The geography of the schools involved in each region is the primary factor in determining how the regional champions will be paired in the state semifinals.

A team’s won-lost record, regional seed and state rank do not factor into the state semifinal bracket pairings.

Pairings for this Friday’s regional finals are included below. Locations for the state semifinals will be announced on Saturday following the regional finals Friday night.

OHSAA Football State Semifinal Bracket Pairings
All games on Friday, November 24, at 7 p.m.
Designated home team region listed first.
Regional final pairings also included below.
First pairing listed will be the designated home team in the state championship game.

Division V – Friday, Nov. 24
Region 17 vs. Region 19 at TBA
Region 18 vs. Region 20 at TBA

Division V Regional Finals – Friday, Nov. 17
Region 17 -
1 Perry (13-0) vs. 2 Canfield South Range (12-1) at Twinsburg Tiger Stadium
Region 18 - 1 Liberty Center (13-0) vs. 6 Coldwater (12-1) at Lima Spartan Stadium
Region 19 - 4 Canal Winchester Harvest Prep (11-1) vs. 7 Wheelersburg (9-3) at Athens Joe Burrow Stadium
Region 20 - 1 Germantown Valley View (12-1) vs. 2 Waynesville (11-2) at Springboro CareFlight Field at Watkins Stadium

https://www.ohsaa.org/news-media/ar...-football-state-semifinal-bracket-pairings-11

So it's Perry/South Range vs. Harvest Prep/Wheelersburg and Liberty Center/Coldwater vs. Valley View/Waynesville.

A lot of people writing off Waynesville....
Waynesville should be the favorite in this game. They already beat VV by 9. I mean it's not like they won in the last seconds of the game. Should be an interesting game. See how each team adjusts to slow down one another. Or will it be a high-scoring event again?

Springboro might be a good location for this game but not this weekend. Christmas in Springboro will have Main St. completely shutdown. It will make getting to the game a lot more difficult since everyone will need to come up 741 from the south.

Waynesville should be the favorite in this game. They already beat VV by 9. I mean it's not like they won in the last seconds of the game. Should be an interesting game. See how each team adjusts to slow down one another. Or will it be a high-scoring event again?
A lot of people are probably deferring their thoughts to what VV did in a similar situation last year.

A lot of people are probably deferring their thoughts to what VV did in a similar situation last year.
I agree with this, a lot of factors play into this game.

Waynesville defending what they did Week 10.

Waynesville Defending SWBL League title.

Valley View redemption.

Either way going to be the best game in D5 maybe in the state!

In a game this close I like to take the team that’s had experience here and isn’t going to let the magnitude of this moment get too big for them. All of this is new to Waynesville and you just don’t know how they’re going to respond so I’m giving the edge to VV in this one.

Makes sense... Wonder if VV also overlooked how good Waynesville actually is this year. I mean Wayneville beat Brookville early in the season by one TD. Then VV beat Brookville by a few scores. Dunno but agree that there should be some fireworks for sure in this game!!

Hard to imagine VV getting torched through the air again, I think week 10 was a wake up call and they made some scheme changes to ensure they don’t get beat over the top. VV will rely on their LBs and DL to be more gap sound in the run allowing their DBs to have more safety help. It’ll be more of a bend but don’t break D while giving their offense plenty of opportunities to do their thing. It took two redzone INTs (both were I’ll advised passes) from Henson for VV to have their lowest scoring output of the season last week in 31. I have little doubt VV will be able to score 35 or more. It’s just a matter of VV stringing some stops on D.

Hard to imagine VV getting torched through the air again, I think week 10 was a wake up call and they made some scheme changes to ensure they don’t get beat over the top. VV will rely on their LBs and DL to be more gap sound in the run allowing their DBs to have more safety help. It’ll be more of a bend but don’t break D while giving their offense plenty of opportunities to do their thing. It took two redzone INTs (both were I’ll advised passes) from Henson for VV to have their lowest scoring output of the season last week in 31. I have little doubt VV will be able to score 35 or more. It’s just a matter of VV stringing some stops on D.
You can say the same about Waynesville though.

They got torched on the qb ground game.

Let's be honest here, I think this game is going to come down to coaching.

Which coaches made the adjustments?

This game is going to boil down on who adjusted the most from week 10.

You can say the same about Waynesville though.

They got torched on the qb ground game.

Let's be honest here, I think this game is going to come down to coaching.

Which coaches made the adjustments?

This game is going to boil down on who adjusted the most from week 10.
Didn’t Waynesville just give up over 300 yards rushing to Brookville

Didn’t Waynesville just give up over 300 yards rushing to Brookville
Correct,

But could be overlooking to this game.

Amburgy threw for 214 more yards. The air game is still there.

I am telling you it is going to come down to who made the adjustments to one another.

Lundy is on a tare at the moment, 14 Touchdowns in the last 3 games.

Valleyview QB is sitting at 12 Touchdowns in the last 3 games.

As much as I hate to say it, I think we are looking at another shootout

Crazy!!!

In a game this close I like to take the team that’s had experience here and isn’t going to let the magnitude of this moment get too big for them. All of this is new to Waynesville and you just don’t know how they’re going to respond so I’m giving the edge to VV in this one.
Good thoughts. The last time Waynesville was in a football regional final was 1981.

Springboro will be a nice venue and right in between these two schools. One thing I've noticed on a state level, I'm not sure many understand how good Waynesville is, or that they actually beat Valley View in their meeting in Week 10. Waynesville has continued to play impressive football throughout the playoffs as well. Their offense is dynamic and clearly difficult to stop. For Valley View, they had some turnovers in their win against Purcell Marian. It goes without saying that those need cleaned up. If VV will get revenge over Waynesville, they'll have to play mistake free, fundamental football. Defensively, VV needs to make Waynesville drive the football. They can't allow the explosive plays like they did in the Week 10 meeting. VV needs to pressure the QB as well. If they can do those 3 things, I think they can win. If not, then it'll be another shootout that favors Waynesville. My prediction is:

Valley View 35
Waynesville 28
Ex I liked everything in your post except the final score lol

Good luck to the Tigers. Quite a run you have had lately man. I picked LC by 14 over Coldwater.
Thank you and yes it has. Hoping it continues a few more weeks.
I don't want to pick a winner here. I know nothing of either, but I am curious as to who comes out on top for future interest.

Thank you and yes it has. Hoping it continues a few more weeks.
I don't want to pick a winner here. I know nothing of either, but I am curious as to who comes out on top for future interest.
This was a fantastic week 10 game. Waynesville won 49-40 on senior night because of a career high passing night from their quarterback. Both teams are from the Southwestern Buckeye League (SWBL). Should be a great game but it will take a total team effort for the orange and black Spartans to pull out another win.

Well, it is hard to beat a team twice in the same season from our experience. We have seen this several times from both angles with Archbold and Patrick Henry. Thought we would have a rematch with Archbold, but Coldwater ended their season.

Good luck to all and Go Tigers!

Springboro might be a good location for this game but not this weekend. Christmas in Springboro will have Main St. completely shutdown. It will make getting to the game a lot more difficult since everyone will need to come up 741 from the south.
Another way to go if you don't mind back roads. Go down 4th Street in Franklin past the high school. Follow it until it dead ends and hang a right on West Lower Springboro Road. Just follow that to 741 and hang a right. There should be an elementary school like a block or two on the left.