Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Sheridan by 1-8

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Sheridan by 9-16

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Sheridan by 17+

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
I think the keys for Big Red are knocking off the stupid penalties at key points, the ability of the Big Red sophomore kicker to put the ball in the end zone on most of his kickoffs, and no turn overs. Big Red has the athletes and is well conditioned they need to not shoot themself in their feet.
We did some real sharp shooting aiming at our feet. It’s pretty amazing how we manage to overcome the insane amount of penalties. Thank god for our kicking game. Defense played really well. Offensively penalties kept us from winning big and needing to play 48 minutes.

kept you from winning big ?? LOL. You just can’t help it can you? It’s not like Sheridan didn’t have their fair share of stupid mistakes. Sheridan left some points out there. They easily could have come out of there with the win.

No need for me to suck it up, my team was out long ago. I wouldn’t bet against Steubenville next week. Sheridan didn’t look too bad to me the last 2 weeks.

kept you from winning big ?? LOL. You just can’t help it can you? It’s not like Sheridan didn’t have their fair share of stupid mistakes. Sheridan left some points out there. They easily could have come out of there with the win.
I agree! Sheridan had 2 chances before the last series to get at least 3 points each time. They chose to go for it on 4th down and missed both times. If they had got those 6 points with field goals, all they had to do was go down the field on the last series and get in field goal range to win the game. They blew this game! I believe that Sheridan lost this game more than Steubenville won it. Steubenville didn't play well. Their talent won out in the end. They had a lot of penalties that would've did them in if they played a more superior team. They could be in trouble in against Alter.

We did some real sharp shooting aiming at our feet. It’s pretty amazing how we manage to overcome the insane amount of penalties. Thank god for our kicking game. Defense played really well. Offensively penalties kept us from winning big and needing to play 48 minutes.
Why does it matter if you win by 7 or 70? Winning is the goal at this point in the season, not winning big. Sometimes penalties occur when the other team is good and causes those penalties.there is no need to justify close wins, enjoy the regional championship and move on to next week.

I agree! Sheridan had 2 chances before the last series to get at least 3 points each time. They chose to go for it on 4th down and missed both times. If they had got those 6 points with field goals, all they had to do was go down the field on the last series and get in field goal range to win the game. They blew this game! I believe that Sheridan lost this game more than Steubenville won it. Steubenville didn't play well. Their talent won out in the end. They had a lot of penalties that would've did them in if they played a more superior team. They could be in trouble in against Alter.
If If If… And IF my Aunt had balls she’d be my Uncle.

You are absolutely correct. I didn’t care if we win by 50 or by a single point. And yes we played a great team. The Sheridan QB is a total stud. Most of us expected a difficult game. But we make things difficult on ourselves with the penalties. When we limit penalties we are very difficult to stop. I’m sure not going to complain when we are playing in week 15. ROLL RED ROLL

Ummm...that's not how that works! Different decisions, lead to different scenarios, which in turn lead to different outcomes! If Sheridan would have kicked the field goal in their first 4th down scenario and made it, does not mean they would have been in the same exact situation later in the game to have to kick another field goal or ANYTHING would have gone anything like it originally did. So many different things could have and probably would have happened where the game would have been completely different (for better or worse) if they had gone for the filed goal.

Have you applied the same logic with Big Red's first drive; what if Big Red just kicked the field goal instead of going for it? Sheridan would not have gotten the interception, and then any late drive by Sheridan would have been moot because Big Red would have been up by 2 scores, right? NO, because different decisions, lead to different scenarios, which in turn lead to different outcomes!

Ummm...that's not how that works! Different decisions, lead to different scenarios, which in turn lead to different outcomes! If Sheridan would have kicked the field goal in their first 4th down scenario and made it, does not mean they would have been in the same exact situation later in the game to have to kick another field goal or ANYTHING would have gone anything like it originally did. So many different things could have and probably would have happened where the game would have been completely different (for better or worse) if they had gone for the filed goal.

Have you applied the same logic with Big Red's first drive; what if Big Red just kicked the field goal instead of going for it? Sheridan would not have gotten the interception, and then any late drive by Sheridan would have been moot because Big Red would have been up by 2 scores, right? NO, because different decisions, lead to different scenarios, which in turn lead to different outcomes!
Big Red’s kicking game was huge last night. Against Hartley Sheridan had 175 return yards. It was the difference in that game. Our punter has been a weapon all year and last night he was huge. Our place kicker has been knocking the ball in the end zone all year and has limited the oppositions kick off return yards. Sheridan simply did not have a kid that could make a 30 yard field goal. That’s why they didn’t kick them. Their punter had a terrible night. It’s games like last nights game where the kicking game is huge. It bailed us out last night.

Sheridan wasn't that good at all yet the Big Red struggled, they won't beat Kettering Alter.

Have you seen Alter in person and multiple games this year? I am an Alter fan but they are very beatable. Heck, they beat themselves some of the time. if they pay like they are capable of, then yes, will be hard to beat (same I suspect of Big Red). But I really haven't seen that from them this year, so far.

Have you seen Alter in person and multiple games this year? I am an Alter fan but they are very beatable. Heck, they beat themselves some of the time. if they pay like they are capable of, then yes, will be hard to beat (same I suspect of Big Red). But I really haven't seen that from them this year, so far.
Sounds a lot like Big Red this year, like you suspected. Big Red seems to get in their own way, but are very capable of being unstoppable. Love to see the Alter matchup. Great games have been played between these teams.

Roll Red Roll

I think if both teams play their best games it will come to whoever has the ball last. Should be a good one.

That is certainly correct. But it’s our mistakes I worry about.

Did you ever think that maybe they didnt have a kid that could kick a 30 yard field goal? One thing that hurt Sheridan was the mismatch in the kicking game. How many FG’s did Sheridan attempt this year? The other thing that really helped The Big Red was they did a great job of limiting your return yards. The week before against Hartley you were killing them with returns. Steubenville has a great kicking game.

Did you ever think that maybe they didnt have a kid that could kick a 30 yard field goal? One thing that hurt Sheridan was the mismatch in the kicking game. How many FG’s did Sheridan attempt this year? The other thing that really helped The Big Red was they did a great job of limiting your return yards. The week before against Hartley you were killing them with returns. Steubenville has a great kicking game.
All I am saying is that Steubenville didn't play a great game and escaped with a win. If they play like that against Alter, they will probably lose. I stand by what I said about the Hartley/Sheridan game. The better overall team didn't win that night.

I want you to have this same energy after this Friday night. Good luck to your team.

I disagree somewhat with the Hartley/Sheridan take……..the team with the most Talent did not win that night. But Hartley made undisciplined mistakes and Sheridan took advantage every time !! Defense and special teams are part of the “overall” team. Seems to me that Sheridan was less talented but a better “Team”………almost worked again last week. Steubenville would beat Hartley also because if Hartley’s lack of “team”.

You a
All I am saying is that Steubenville didn't play a great game and escaped with a win. If they play like that against Alter, they will probably lose. I stand by what I said about the Hartley/Sheridan game. The better overall team didn't win that night.

I want you to have this same energy after this Friday night. Good luck to your team.

You’re absolutely correct. If we don’t play better than we did Friday night we lose. That said Big Red has a habit of playing up to the opposition. More often than not we play our best against our better opponents. I certainly expect a great game. As I’ve said, in week 15 there are no pretenders. Only contenders. And these two teams have played each other enough, all big games, to know that neither team is going to walk away with an easy win. ROLL RED ROLL

My post had absolutely nothing to do with energy, but everything to do with logic and reasoning. To think that anything done differently in the beginning of the game would lead the team to be exactly in the same place at the end of the game, with the exception of additional points is just silly.
And if things don't go Big Red's way Friday night, I may want to have seen things done differently, but you won't see me expecting those different things having led to a a similar ending where another single decision would have resulted in a different outcome.