Redwine

Status
Not open for further replies.

thats unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear that. He was a good blocker and a good athlete, he will be missed.

I dont understand why he would quite now, especially because he has put up with it for a few years now. Right before the last st x game, and playoffs, his senior year.

Sorry to hear it. He was doing well at reciever. His loss, he'llnever get the chance to be a part of something like this again.

Wait..is Pat the one that supposedly had a lot of big college offers? I remember crusader3 saying he had interest from Miami (FL). If so, was he still getting interest from big schools and how would this affect that?

I believe c3 was talking about Pat's twin Sean who plays tight end.

Sorry to hear of the demise of Pat. He is a firey guy and plays with a lot of heart. I can't imagine what he was going through after being demoted from the starting QB role and then being moved to end.

It is unfortunate that he lost his cool. :(

Hang in there Pat!

MoeDude said:
I believe c3 was talking about Pat's twin Sean who plays tight end.

Sorry to hear of the demise of Pat. He is a firey guy and plays with a lot of heart. I can't imagine what he was going through after being demoted from the starting QB role and then being moved to end.

It is unfortunate that he lost his cool. :(

Hang in there Pat!

Thanks...I wasn't sure which was which. Anyone know what's going on with Sean's recruitment?

Wheelman said:
Sorry to hear it. He was doing well at reciever. His loss, he'llnever get the chance to be a part of something like this again.

Quit the team in week 8??? Not a bright decision...what would lead a guy to do something like that? Even if you hate it that much...you gotta stick around for the guys you weathered the storm with for 4 years! Is he gonna quit life when life gets tough too? Selfish move...get no respect from me!

crusader101 said:
Pat Redwine quit yesterday, due to a long string of arguments with a coach for multiple years now.

Need some more details, what could this string of arguments possibly have been about to make a guy make the most regrettable mistake of his life? And with which coach?

well in talking, i know the story about what happened and while i cant provide specifics on why (as it was a buildup of things) i can say that when he quit it was definately a lot of ill will to crable.

best of luck to pat in the future... see other thread: somethings amiss in the moeller program these days

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been festering for a while. Back to John Carroll and how his brother was treated for off the field infractions. SR was punished for off the field stuff in the spring. The Redwines thought he had done his time, but when he got to John Carroll, he was punished all over again. That was the beginning of the slide. The morale is bad on this team and I blame coaches and players alike. Yelling and screaming and running buckeyes and playing out of fear and not having a good time just wears a kid down. With this head coach its "for the program" and not "for the kids". There is a big difference between the two. You can still be dedicated and have a good time. The scary thing is that morale is low and we're winning. After the Elder game, you would have thought they lost?????

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told by someone that he was actually kicked off the team, but I don't know for sure. Apparently there was an argument and Pat ended up sayin' some things that I won't say on this board.

That's the story I heard as well. He definitely let Crable have it :laugh:

It's kinda sad looking at it from an outsider's prospective. I'm not going to lie...I don't like Moeller, but it's sad to see a team that had so much potential (considered possibly the class of Cincy after last year) struggling and with such low morale.

The kid has made some poor decisions off the field which go against team and school policies. I am sure he would still be on he teamif he wanted to, of course there would be some consequences like what has happended to others but he would still be on the team. He will regret this act, as ivyc said... he let down the guys he led into battle for four years. Do not blame Crable or anyone else on this one other than Pat.

spike78hehaw said:
This has been festering for a while. Back to John Carroll and how his brother was treated for off the field infractions. SR was punished for off the field stuff in the spring. The Redwines thought he had done his time, but when he got to John Carroll, he was punished all over again. That was the beginning of the slide. The morale is bad on this team and I blame coaches and players alike. Yelling and screaming and running buckeyes and playing out of fear and not having a good time just wears a kid down. With this head coach its "for the program" and not "for the kids". There is a big difference between the two. You can still be dedicated and have a good time. The scary thing is that morale is low and we're winning. After the Elder game, you would have thought they lost?????

And yet his brother is still on the team and he quit.

Morale is bad and yet their 6-2 with a possibility of ending up 8-2 and a share of the GCL title.

If morale was so bad, this team would be 0-8 and not 6-2.

Grow up.

moe4ever said:
The kid has made some poor decisions off the field which go against team and school policies. I am sure he would still be on he teamif he wanted to, of course there would be some consequences like what has happended to others but he would still be on the team. He will regret this act, as ivyc said... he let down the guys he led into battle for four years. Do not blame Crable or anyone else on this one other than Pat.

how can you not blame the coaches at all.. he didn't become pissed off and reach his breaking point because of nothing. he obviously had some outside influences which led him there (the coaches)

Crable told the players Redwine was cut though he never used his name in a team meeting after practice. Pat said things most were thinking but didn't have the courage to say. There are few if any happy players left on this team.

he may regret it in the long run, but he expressed how he felt, and finally gave crable back all ---- he had been given in his 4 years at moeller

IVYcrusader said:
Quit the team in week 8??? Not a bright decision...what would lead a guy to do something like that? Even if you hate it that much...you gotta stick around for the guys you weathered the storm with for 4 years! Is he gonna quit life when life gets tough too? Selfish move...get no respect from me!

Dude chill out until you know the whole story. To be quite honest I don't really blame him that much.

Simple fact is he was wrong to lose his cool - it was his fault that there was even a need for a conversation with Crable. Maybe the frustration he got off his chest was really frustration with himself.

Last edited:
moemancc said:
Dude chill out until you know the whole story. To be quite honest I don't really blame him that much.

PM me, i want to know what was THAT bad...

don't just say what crable's done...What's redwine done to deserve whatever treatment he's receiving from crable.

Crable isn't evil...he wouldn't be tough on the kid for no reason at all. He probably wouldnt' even be tough on him if he didn't have an affect on the rest of the team.

For the kid to quit on his teammates shows he has no resolve and goes to prove he was never committed in the first place...because if you're truly committed to something, you don't quit on it! Right?

There's a simple way to handle situations you don't agree with. You talk to the person(s) in private, voice your candid opinion, lay everything out on the table so there's no mistake about it. You get their feedback, come to a resolution or agree to disagree. You don't lash out and quit (run away like a 4 year old kid that doesn't know any better). Be a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.