Reds fans: Most Favorable Playoff Opponent

Most favorable playoff opponent?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tree of Knowledge

I'm on probation
Reds fans,

If you could choose the most favorable playoff opponent for the Reds, who would it be and why?

Giants
Dodgers
Pirates
Nationals
Braves

In my opinion an easier question to answer is Least Favorable, which would be the Giants who have pitchers on their team who can go out and shut down an opposing team on any given night, plus we would have to go out West to play them.

That last point is probably what separates the Dodgers and Braves, so I guess I'll go with the Braves as the most favorable.

I agree with DR, it's gotta be the Pirates. They're just not a very good team.

Braves would be the next easiest. Playing the Pirates and Braves to get to the World Series would be a dream scenario.

Any team in the postseason will be a very good team, finishing in the top five in the league after 162 games.

Any team in the postseason will be a very good team, finishing in the top five in the league after 162 games.

Yeah, but I cannot help recall two years ago when Thom Brenamen was foaming at the mouth to play the Phillies, and look what happened there. This year there is no really dominant team in the NL, the Reds are kicking right now, but a large part of that has been playing dog sh1t teams.

I chose Braves, think the Pirates may get some payback when the Reds travel to Pittsburgh the next time. And remember if the Reds finish with the best record in the NL, they will play the "play-in" wild card winner. (right now Pirates and Braves). Then the Reds would have to travel to the winner of that matchup for the first two games of the NLDS with the final 3 (if necessary) would be in Cincinnati.

So as of now, would you rather play in Pittsburgh or Atlanta for the first two games of the series?

I chose Braves, think the Pirates may get some payback when the Reds travel to Pittsburgh the next time. And remember if the Reds finish with the best record in the NL, they will play the "play-in" wild card winner. (right now Pirates and Braves). Then the Reds would have to travel to the winner of that matchup for the first two games of the NLDS with the final 3 (if necessary) would be in Cincinnati.

So as of now, would you rather play in Pittsburgh or Atlanta for the first two games of the series?

Are you sure about that? Against the Phillies the series started in Philly for 2 games, then came to Cincy for what would of been 2 games, before traveling beck to Philly for a 5th game.

Are you sure about that? Against the Phillies the series started in Philly for 2 games, then came to Cincy for what would of been 2 games, before traveling beck to Philly for a 5th game.

Yes, they're doing lower seed first two games this year, then three at the higher seed. It's that way because they added the fifth playoff team so late.

It will be back to the original format next season, but because the schedule for the playoffs and such were already set and the added wild card team came so late they were "forced" to do it this way, this year.

It will be back to the original format next season, but because the schedule for the playoffs and such were already set and the added wild card team came so late they were "forced" to do it this way, this year.

Hmm, that kind of takes away from the home field advantage from the "better" team IMO. Not that it's that big of a deal.