Random TV/Movie news.

still not sure how I feel about this movie, something feels off (I think the animation), but hearing great things about the film.

Not sure how I think about this. They could really mess it up but I'd also look forward to more content. Was one of my favorite shows.

SAW PATROL!

1690827739321.png

Not sure how I think about this. They could really mess it up but I'd also look forward to more content. Was one of my favorite shows.
I'll watch it but not a big fan of cartoons. I wish they could have made it a more lifelike animation using CGI. Interesting storyline since they already incorporated the time travel from the past. Now they look like they are adopting the multiverse theory.

I'll watch it but not a big fan of cartoons. I wish they could have made it a more lifelike animation using CGI. Interesting storyline since they already incorporated the time travel from the past. Now they look like they are adopting the multiverse theory.
I suppose it was inevitable.

A lot of recgnizable faces. They must have some confidence, IMDB says Rebel Monn 2 already in development. Adapted from books?

And as the strike continues...

Expect the SAG union to continue to dig in and want things like social media engagement and web searches to be included as comp in the new contract, tech companies are pushing back and want a more defined model. They are not talking. On the flip side the more militant writers are talking with the studios again and while no deal is imminent there is a framework developing that both sides may be able to live with.

Speaking of being militant... Just like Fran Dresher tried to make it about the Studio Heads they are now trying to make it about her. They have asked for her and the fat Michael Moore look alike that is in every media clip stitched to her side to be removed from negotiations. SAG has balked, they think this is a winning combo that has motivated the throngs to the barricades. Expect to see much more of this pair, especially if they get close to the Holidays and are on strike. Also expect to see much more sports on any platform, it is just a matter of time before kickball will be on ABC this spring.

1692736381216.png

A lot of recgnizable faces. They must have some confidence, IMDB says Rebel Monn 2 already in development. Adapted from books?

no, it's an original story developed by Zack Snyder.

He originally pitched it to Disney as being a Star Wars movie (you can even see copycat lightsabers and stormtroopers in the trailer), and Disney passed. I can't decide how I feel about it. It looks interesting for sure, but like so many Star Wars wannabes, and recent Snyder movies themselves (see Batman vs Superman and Justice League), I worry that it's going to be an overly complex and convoluted plot. Star Wars was Star Wars in part because it didn't make the story too complex and even kept character names simple. They kept it simple. "Luke" "Han" "Leia" "Darth Vader". As opposed to something like say Jupiter Ascending where you have names like "Balem Abrasax", "Stinger Apini", "Diomika Tsing".

Snyder lately has overstuffed his films. They're making two movies here because he had so much story. They've even filmed an extra hour worth of footage for the first film for a director's cut. Heck, even this teaser is nearly 4 minutes long, twice as long as a normal teaser lol. I just hope the movie doesn't have as much going on as the trailer suggests it will.

Last edited:
Speaking of being militant... Just like Fran Dresher tried to make it about the Studio Heads they are now trying to make it about her. They have asked for her and the fat Michael Moore look alike that is in every media clip stitched to her side to be removed from negotiations. SAG has balked, they think this is a winning combo that has motivated the throngs to the barricades. Expect to see much more of this pair, especially if they get close to the Holidays and are on strike. Also expect to see much more sports on any platform, it is just a matter of time before kickball will be on ABC this spring.

View attachment 45243
TBH it is a solid strategy. Could you imagine listening to that voice for 8 hours of a negotiation session? At some point there has to be a "F it, just give her what she wants but tell her to the " moment.

This role screams Meryl Streep but not sure she would go for it. Another name to consider would be Emma Thompson if looking for British gravitas like Lansbury had. If looking for a person of color I would go with Angela Basset.

yea Meryl Streep was the first name that came to my mind too.