Prepare for Round 2 folks

Status
Not open for further replies.
At what cost? And there is nothing "flawed" of "inflammatory" about their lockdown, they literally have the military helping enforce it:

Covid in Sydney: Military deployed to help enforce lockdown​

"Soldiers will join police in virus hotspots to ensure people are following the rules, which include a 10km (6.2 miles) travel limit.
State Police Minister David Elliott said it would help because a small minority of Sydneysiders thought "the rules didn't apply to them".
Information provided by health officials indicates the virus is mainly spreading through permitted movement.
The Australian Lawyers Alliance, a civil rights group, called the deployment a "concerning use" of the army in a liberal democracy."

So no, the opinion is not "half-baked" but continue to sit on your high horse.

Deliberately forming posts that neglect context in order to provoke and emotional response out of the people that read it is disengous and bad practice. You know exactly the imagery your initial post aimed to conjure up which is the exact reason why you posted it.

Deliberately forming posts that neglect context in order to provoke and emotional response out of the people that read it is disengous and bad practice. You know exactly the imagery your initial post aimed to conjure up which is the exact reason why you posted it.
What context is missing? Is the military not apart of the enforcing of the lockdown now? Seems that some civil rights groups in the country aren't just golly-gee about it. Are they not entering their 6th lockdown? Are you saying the BBC isn't an accurate news source?

It's so simple. Some teams got it.
Sick? Stay home.

Don't get tested.

Miss a game if need be.
"Sorry, Timmy. I know there's a chance you might have caught the virus that leads to other health issues later in life, but if you get tested, they might have to cancel your week 2 game against Ridgemont, and we just can't have that happen. The football season is too important."

Gimme a damn break.

Just a wild thought for the same crowd that said it wouldn't reach America, and then that it wouldn't infect anyone, and then that it infect more than 50,000, and then that it wouldn't kill more than 1,000, and then that it it wouldn't kill 50,000, and then that it wouldn't kill 100,000, and so on and so forth have you ever considered that the reason this keeps going on is your reluctance to simply follow simple guidelines? Why has Australia been able to handle his? Why has Japan? We keep continuously shooting ourselves in the foot and then complaining someone or something else did it to us. This is not difficult
Neither of those countries are being overrun by people entering illegally.

I've got two very good friends and both are highly respected physicians. In fact one is the director of cardiac at a major hospital here in Ohio. Obviously I've talked to both at length over some beverages. Neither have ever masked up, socially distanced themselves or family, ever been concerned for themselves, their family, me or my family. Both have always shook their head at all of this in dismay and usually, flash the money sign.

There isn't going to be any major effect on this season. You people need to calm the down lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn shame to see the ignorance of not getting vaccinated on display in the Southern US, cases are insane in those regions. I think all is good in Ohio to be honest, majority of people are vaccinated and our cases are far less than SC who has half the population we do.
Government has no business making people’s health decisions. I got vaccinated. My choice. When vax is fda approved then maybe the conversation changes.

"Sorry, Timmy. I know there's a chance you might have caught the virus that leads to other health issues later in life, but if you get tested, they might have to cancel your week 2 game against Ridgemont, and we just can't have that happen. The football season is too important."

Gimme a damn break.
If you say so........
What does getting tested have to do with health issues down the road?

Timmy gets tested and pops for the rona and they tell him to stay home for two weeks and quarantine kids and the games are shot.

Or Timmy gets sick and you just keep him home.

1/

1/4th of the cases with over double the population of Ohio certainly is though. And your assessment of the lockdown and the process over there is deeply flawed and deliberately inflammatory. Trying to pervert reality in order to feel as if your half-baked opinions are correct is not something to make a habit of
You want the military marching through your town, enforcing a lockdown? There have been plenty of examples of how that hasn't worked out very well.

What does getting tested have to do with health issues down the road?

Timmy gets tested and pops for the rona and they tell him to stay home for two weeks and quarantine kids and the games are shot.
...and then Timmy doesn't have to shrug his shoulders later in life when his doctor asks if he had COVID when he was 17. But no, you're definitely right. Football, volleyball, and cross country meets are way more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.