Pray for Coach Fleming

lasallecrazy

This morning Coach Fleming had a heart attack. They made an announcement at La Salle around noon. Keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Purplemojo, I visited Flem today. There were four flower arrangements in his room, only one from a school. You guessed it. The Elder athletic department send him flowers. Elder has the most class of any of the GCLS schools.

As reported by Peterson, Flem told me he is done coaching for this year. I told him it must really be hard for him not to be coaching against Meadowdale. He admitted how hard it was. It's really painful to see someone like Flem inacapacitated in something he loves to do so much.

Purplemojo, I visited Flem today. There were four flower arrangements in his room, only one from a school. You guessed it. The Elder athletic department send him flowers. Elder has the most class of any of the GCLS schools.

As reported by Peterson, Flem told me he is done coaching for this year. I told him it must really be hard for him not to be coaching against Meadowdale. He admitted how hard it was. It's really painful to see someone like Flem inacapacitated in something he loves to do so much.

La Salle HS did not send Flem flowers to his room????????

No, Rubergs sent him one. I can't remember the other two. I gave him a big basketball balloon on a string which said, Lancer Basketball Needs Its Emperor Back. Get Well Soon. I had to go to Party City to get it. He moved out of the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit today to a private room. His wife says he'll be there a few more days.

Coach Flem went home yesterday and his son says he is doing well...La Salle has mobilized and are taking care of dinners for the family. In addition to other items...TO ME MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN FLOWERS...Grind your ax somewhere else Peterson...

Elder is and will always be a class act...Thanks Panthers...

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember guys, it's aginast Yappi rules to post people's real names on the site. I've edited the post above putting in the user name and removing the real name.

whatever happened to the post about Pat's first victory. It was on here yesterday???????/

Pat Goedde got his second win tonight, goes to 2-0 as an interim coach. Coach Fleming was there tonight. I think someone rented one of the suites for him. He was at the top of the stands. At one point he yelled down to the La Salle bench for Neel. Coach Dorus tapped Neel and told him to look up. Fleming pointed to the side of his head indicating Neel should think before he acts.

thursday morning early:

Those boys were tired at the end..Why Pat doesn't rotate anymore than he does is a mystery..so many turnovers--and were they sucking wind at the end...and why does he not play #44, even if for a few minutes to spell some of the other starters....got something against him?? Same thi ng with #10....at least J Berger got a little playing time.....Just not the same team 2nd half...Moe will be a huge challenge, esp if the starting 6 need to go all the way with only a few breaks.......

Sure I'll get some disagreement on this one...
GO LANCERS

Pat Goedde got his second win tonight, goes to 2-0 as an interim coach. Coach Fleming was there tonight. I think someone rented one of the suites for him. He was at the top of the stands. At one point he yelled down to the La Salle bench for Neel. Coach Dorus tapped Neel and told him to look up. Fleming pointed to the side of his head indicating Neel should think before he acts.

Dr Berger secured the box for Coach Flemming....will be there Sat also...

thursday morning early:

Those boys were tired at the end..Why Pat doesn't rotate anymore than he does is a mystery..so many turnovers--and were they sucking wind at the end...and why does he not play #44, even if for a few minutes to spell some of the other starters....got something against him?? Same thi ng with #10....at least J Berger got a little playing time.....Just not the same team 2nd half...Moe will be a huge challenge, esp if the starting 6 need to go all the way with only a few breaks.......

Sure I'll get some disagreement on this one...
GO LANCERS

Actually Pat substitutes more than Fleming did. At Fleming's last game against Aiken, the subs played 16 minutes. Last night with Goedde, the subs played 27 minutes, two of them played eight minutes, the equivalent of a whole quarter. Two others played five minutes. In my opinion that is one difference between Goedde and Fleming with this year's team.

Last edited:
Actually Pat substitutes more than Fleming did. At Fleming's last game against Aiken, the subs played 16 minutes. Last night with Goedde, the subs played 27 minutes, two of them played eight minutes, the equivalent of a whole quarter. Two others played five minutes. In my opinion that is one difference between Goedde and Fleming with this year's team.

Most of those subs however, were the three in the back court, and that had more to do with the foul situation, from my humble opinion, along with a few minutes for joey and mike....didn't see Leahy at all for the last two games.(unless I missed him) but sitting on the far end of the bench doesn't seem to a good place to be if your going in...

so what in your opinion happened the second half....was WW that better...or can these guys not handle a press, much like what they put on themselves...

GO LANCERS

Most of those subs however, were the three in the back court, and that had more to do with the foul situation, from my humble opinion, along with a few minutes for joey and mike....didn't see Leahy at all for the last two games.(unless I missed him) but sitting on the far end of the bench doesn't seem to a good place to be if your going in...

so what in your opinion happened the second half....was WW that better...or can these guys not handle a press, much like what they put on themselves...

GO LANCERS

The reason they dont sub any more than they do is because they have the absolute worst bench probally in this tournament. I believe #44 is leahy and he is the single worst player on lasalle team. #10 played lasst year but hasnt hit a shot and cant get his rythm going. Burger and rodriquez are probally the only ones u can sub in with out them screwing up. So that is why they cant sub