Portage Trail Conference- Metro - Week 3

I see Kenmore Garfield is getting some entries in their win column. This is actually very interesting. In looking at their remaining schedule, it seems they have quite a few winnable games remaining. They will beat North. I think Firestone and Scott are winnable. I actually think they have a shot at beating Ellet. I like Kenmore-Garfield's chances at cracking .500 this season.

Wow, that Calvin Dudley kid was a great pickup for Coventry. However, he is also an eye opener. I don't know what Calvin Dudley was at Hoban before he left for Coventry, whether he actually had a shot at starting for varsity or not. But if he was indeed one of their more average players, that is scary. Scary, how some average player on a hoban roster can come in and make a huge impact for a ptc team. And to think that Hobans whole team is stacked with many athletes just like Calvin. It just really puts into perspective what teams like Hoban are doing.

Ah well. Dudley is a comet now. And Coventry is now 3-0, with perhaps a statement win over a quality opponent in Tallmadge. This is the first time the Comets are 3-0 since 2011 I believe. Im not going to get ahead of myself. But if the playoffs were ever in the cards for a team like Coventry this season. Well, as of right now, it is still in the cards. For now.
[/QUOTE

I did a little research on Calvin Dudley at Hoban last year. As a junior he scored two touchdowns and blocked a punt in a 21-14 win against St. Ignatius last year. So, yes, he definitely started last year on their 15-0 team. He had a similar performance for Coventry against Tallmadge last week this year, scoring two touchdowns and intercepted a pass on defense for a third TD. I’m sure it’s safe to say Hoban is missing him this year.

Attachments

• 54382A12-38F7-4C32-BD9A-54985801622E.jpeg
    54382A12-38F7-4C32-BD9A-54985801622E.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 12
I see Kenmore Garfield is getting some entries in their win column. This is actually very interesting. In looking at their remaining schedule, it seems they have quite a few winnable games remaining. They will beat North. I think Firestone and Scott are winnable. I actually think they have a shot at beating Ellet. I like Kenmore-Garfield's chances at cracking .500 this season.

Yes Kenmore-Garfield could be 6-4 this year if they beat all the above teams you mentioned.