Poland- Canfield rivalry game (WEEK 4)

I'm not sure I understand the logic. Is this year's Bulldogs loaded with talented seniors? If so, where were they last year?
That logic is Poland returned a lot of production that played and Canfield lost a lot of production. Also Poland is healthy Canfield is not.

I'm not sure I understand the logic. Is this year's Bulldogs loaded with talented seniors? If so, where were they last year?
The seniors this year are good and have a good attitude. Poland had a ton of injuries last year including QB1 and QB2. They ran some sort of wildcat that was very predictable. They never threw which eliminated most of the offense.

Raiders have a good program, and former coach Yeagley and current coach Rach are great guys, but Sainthood...
That's a jab at open enrollment and the belief that SR recruits similar to a certain couple local parochial programs. I never got the feeling that SR did so, although they seem to be a magnet for wrestling which could indirectly benefit football.

What about Struthers/Girard?
1694120546803.png

Well, Canfield varsity will go for the sweep tomorrow. 7th grade won 14-6, 8th won 32-0, and freshman won 42-0. If Poland is going to beat Canfield this has to be the year. This rivalry is extremely lopsided.

Well, Canfield varsity will go for the sweep tomorrow. 7th grade won 14-6, 8th won 32-0, and freshman won 42-0. If Poland is going to beat Canfield this has to be the year. This rivalry is extremely lopsided.
The Canfield 8th grade team is loaded

The Canfield 8th grade team is loaded
As is the Freshman team, studs all over the field, especially skill position. QB has a great arm and extremely accurate. RB is a load and fast, both are big. They have athletes all over the field. Next year may be some rebuilding but a few years down the road they’re going to be really good.

The size difference of the districts will continue to make this less and less competitive for Poland. Reality is what it is.

WOW. Didn't realize it's been since 2014 since Poland has won in the rivalry. I think I counted 6 straight for Canfield. That's gotta be a record in this series, huh?

Seems like they’re going the opposite way in terms of enrollment too
According to their Super, Poland’s enrollment is growing and they will be needing to open back up one of the buildings not used anymore (if their big levy for new buildings doesn’t pass in November.)

Now part of that statement could be trying to help get the levy passed, but if you look at the district headcount on the states website, it’s definitely up in the elementary grades compared to the high school.

I have been busy overseeing the construction of several bridges in rural southwestern Indiana with pretty much no phone or internet service to speak of....
I don't really have anything to say or add, and someone else took the liberty to start the thread again this week with minimal effort with no series history or anything.
20230906_124335.jpg

20230906_125742.jpg

20230906_130234.jpg

Making a lot of progress on setting the beams today...
Anyway back on topic I am going to predict Canfield wins by 14 points or less.
20230908_133552.jpg
20230908_125605.jpg
20230908_132017.jpg

Poland is legit.
Poland didn't beat Canfield, Canfield beat themselves with absolutely horrendous special teams play (had a punt blocked, punted on 3rd down for 10 yards and was almost blocked, missed a short FG, kickoffs out of bounds, short kickoffs and punts), countless penalties, and terrible snaps all game, including actually snapping it over the head of the QB or punter on 7 occasions.

Mind you the punt was blocked because it was snapped 10 yards over the punter's head not because of Poland doing something well.

Poland way better then last year, Canfield gonna need to get into gear they’re on a 3 game losing streak for the first time in gotta be a long time

Congrats to Poland. It’s not a rivalry if one team always wins. More injuries for Canfield. Tough night for the Cards.