PLAYOFF CHAMPS ONLY

I forget what year it was but Hillard Davidson beat Glenville. I think Davidson had the ball on about their own 30 with something like 2 min left on the clock and I thought no way Davidson can win this game because they only threw like 6 passes all year total and wouldn't you know they go 68 yards in one play to about the 2 yard line and take it in from there.
Jake Trubiano the Davidson QB was a player.

As far as the 2005 NC game I don't think it is comparable at all. In that game, if I remember correctly, SCC trailed by 7 with about 1:00-1:30 left in the game when they scored. I think the Crusaders' HC felt they probably couldn't win in OT so he took the risk of the 2-point conversion for the reward of winning in regulation. In that 93 LC game there was really no reward for the risk. He already had the reward IMO. If they execute the fake punt, OK the game is over, SCC wins. If they execute the punt the game is also virtually over, SCC wins. IMO he took a huge risk for very little reward as he already had the win without taking the risk of a fake punt. I agree that it worked out but that does not change my opinion that it was a dumb call.

Perhaps his father didn't say anything because he also thought it was a dumb call. :)

Speaking of the 1999 Ironton-Perkins game and the heart breaking loss for Ironton reminds me that the Ironton-Wauseon title game preceded the SCC-LC game in 1993.

Talk about heart breakers. Ironton trailed Wauseon 10-7 in the 4th. The Tigers went on a long drive from their own 20 to inside the Wauseon 10 but they had a procedure penalty that really hurt them and then on 3rd down Wauseon stopped them on the 1-yard line. Decision time for coach Lutz. Go for the TD and the lead or the tying FG. He kicked the FG to tie it.

There was still about 3:30 left in the game when Wauseon got the ball at about their 25-yard line after the KO. Mr. Griggs and Mr. Milne led the Indians down to about the Ironton 20-yard line with 6 seconds left. They tried the FG but missed as time expired during the play. I saw the PK go down but I wasn't sure if an Ironton player hit him or if he flopped trying to draw the flag. Then the flags flew. Roughing the kicker. Zero time but penalty on the D = one more play. Given a 2nd chance and the penalty yardage the kid made the FG and Wauseon won 13-10. Great game to watch as a neutral fan, tough loss for Ironton.
You have to know the Bahen family to appreciate those choices. Attack, attack and finish teams off when any opportunity presents itself. Great football family.

That was 2009 and a painful memory as a Coffman fan. We were undefeated and beat the cats in the regular season. We had incredible talent. But in the playoffs the coaching disparity reared it’s head and Davidson beat us 22-7. A thorough whipping and I think the beginning of the end of any hopes that Coffman could ever compete at the state level under the current staff.
What did Crabtree ever do to you man? You fail to mention the injured QB on a full ride to Clemson and losing the Central District DPOY in Buehler the “incredibly” talented Coffman team was missing.
Brian White and Hilliard Davidson we’re a machine at that time. Coffman was probably the most successful program against them, if any were.

What did Crabtree ever do to you man? You fail to mention the injured QB on a full ride to Clemson and losing the Central District DPOY in Buehler the “incredibly” talented Coffman team was missing.
Brian White and Hilliard Davidson we’re a machine at that time. Coffman was probably the most successful program against them, if any were.
Has anything I said been proven in accurate?

It’s long been over. I’m onto 2024 Rocks

Last edited:
The Mighty Big Red winning back to back titles on my Dads “Buckeye Bill” birthday, both times.
Friday Dec 2nd 2005 Beat Columbus DeSales 28-7
Sat Dec 2nd 2006 Beat Kettering Alter 34-33 after squandering a 3 touchdown lead. Alter scores with less than a minute to go to make it 34-33. Needing an extra point to send it to overtime, the great Stevie Davis blocked the point after. Great Games on Pop’s birthday. Ironically we won our first state title when the Whitehall Yearling center dribbled the snap for the state championship win, kick was blocked sending it overtime where The Big Red prevailed. Winning state titles is Fun stuff !
The 2017 state title was huge. We lost two years in a row in the state final to Hartley…. By a combined total of 6 points. Losing a third straight championship game would have been a tough pill to swallow. We pretty much controlled the game from start to finish. Best game we played all year outside of giving up two kick returns for touchdowns in a 50-36 victory. As I am typing this I realize that none of the championship game wins are any more special than the other. I will add, like any pleasurable thing in life, the first one is always special 😉

Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS to FIRST time Champ Mass. It was not an exciting game to watch but winners find a way to limit their mistakes. Did your heart skip a beat when the WR dropped that td pass? It was an excellent season that you are certain not to forget. I have not received the numbers yet on the amount of arrests for drunkenness in Mass. for that weekend but I will get back to you. Enjoy!!!

One of the most exciting comebacks ever, Mogadore over St. Henry in triple overtime. Mogadore trailed at one point 35-3. Won on a field goal 61-58....1996 state championship at Massillon Paul Brown Tiger Stadium. Seemed like the entire village was at the stadium that day. Never gave up, and the party went on all weekend!! What a ride home from Massillon that day!!
Possibly worst bit of reffing seen at state but shouldn't have ever gotten to that point.

Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS to FIRST time Champ Mass. It was not an exciting game to watch but winners find a way to limit their mistakes. Did your heart skip a beat when the WR dropped that td pass? It was an excellent season that you are certain not to forget. I have not received the numbers yet on the amount of arrests for drunkenness in Mass. for that weekend but I will get back to you. Enjoy!!!
The pathetic losers are grasping at straws 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231213_155059_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20231213_155059_X.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 55
I congratulate Mass. and you come at me with this reply and some fradulent document. You now have as many football championships as JOES. Try to be happy and gay about it.
Long time no talk, do you still relish that 34 year old championship as much as you did the day you won it 34 years ago? THIRTY FOUR years is a long long time. What is the current state of the VAJ program? I haven't followed you guys too closely I stop paying attention around D3....anything lower than that is little league.

This thread has been hijacked, from this point on this thread is titled....PLAYOFF CHAMPIONS IN THE LAST 30 YEARS.

Please see yourself out v4L.

Point taken sir.
Just trying to be helpful on this PLAYOFF CHAMPIONS IN THE LAST 30 YEARS thread.

Say my man....YOUR team has won a CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE LAST 30 YEARS, please rejoin us at ANY time and share in the adventures of your teams CHAMPIONSHIP that was won within THE LAST 30 YEARS.

Matter of fact, anyone whose team has won a CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE LAST 30 YEARS, you too are welcome to share the stories of your teams CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE LAST 30 YEARS.

Just trying to be helpful on this PLAYOFF CHAMPIONS IN THE LAST 30 YEARS thread.

Say my man....YOUR team has won a CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE LAST 30 YEARS, please rejoin us at ANY time and share in the adventures of your teams CHAMPIONSHIP that was won within THE LAST 30 YEARS.

Matter of fact, anyone whose team has won a CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE LAST 30 YEARS, you too are welcome to share the stories of your teams CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE LAST 30 YEARS.
Am I aloud to since it’s not above d3 and above ? Lol

Am I aloud to since it’s not above d3 and above ? Lol
Absolutely, when I said ANYONE, I meant ANYONE whose team has WON A CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE LAST 30 YEARS, we would like to hear you're story about your teams CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE LAST 30 YEARS. Now....if your team HASNT WON A CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE LAST 30 YEARS....please see yourself out of this thread. This thread is for WINNERS, if your team hasnt WON A CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE LAST 30 YEARS you really have nothing to talk about. The criteria is....WON A CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE LAST 30 YEARS....Division is irrelevant in this situation.

Please share your story about your CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE LAST 30 YEARS.

Is vikes the guy from St joes?

Is vikes the guy from St joes?
I'm sorry friend, your question is legit and deserves an answer....unfortunately this thread is NOW teams who have WON A CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE LAST 30 YEARS and the poster/school you are inquiring about hasn't WON A CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE LAST 30 YEARS, this thread is for WINNERS, not for schools who haven't won one in SO long that only 10 months before winning their ONLY title....Ronald Reagan was still in office.

I congratulate Mass. and you come at me with this reply and some fradulent document. You now have as many football championships as JOES. Try to be happy and gay about it.
Massillon has more crazy fans than most schools, but that's just a matter of math. They have more fans than anyone else so proportionally they'll have more crazy fans.

That said, they've never NOT tried to win. Unlike Joes who brought back their football savior who pushed out their BB & VB coaches and then set the football program back 10 years.

Vikes isn't going to like this, but Fostoria gift-wrapped the Title to St. Joe.
It can be said that Coach T and his insane use of timeouts and running off quality QBs gift wrapped the title to Massillon or Douglass punting midway through the 4th Q gift wrapped the title to St. Edward, or Perkins coming out shell shocked early in the Regional final gift wrapped the title to Glenville. But I disagree, Joes way back when and Massillon, St. Edward, and Glenville this season made winning coaching decisions and plays to win a state title. This narrative that winning teams gift wrapped or losing teams coulda shoulda woulda won has to stop, games are played and one team will win and one team will lose and the winning teams deserves all the credit.

In 2020, Chardon fell behind DeSales early and kept fighting to dig out of the deficit. Right before the half, we had a 90 yard kick return for a td called back. On the first drive of the second half, we scored on a 65 yard screen pass. With about 7.5 minutes left in the game, trailing by 14, the Hilltoppers ran a hook and ladder on 4th and goal from the about the 15 yard line and scored but the score was reversed by instant replay after about a ten minute review because it was ruled that the hook guy's knee was on the ground when he made the pitch to the ladder guy. Chardon got a 3 and out and with 6 minutes left in the game got the ball around the DeSales 40 yard line. Chardon scored on the first play on a wheel route to the gun back, but DeSales returned the ensuing kickoff to midfield. Chardon got another three and out and the DeSales punt ended up on the Hilltoppers' nine yard line with less than 3 minutes left in the game. Chardon went 91 yards in about 2 minutes to tie the game - then won it in double overtime after both teams blocked field goal attempts in the first overtime. Incredible game in which Chardon THREW for 250 yards in the second half.