John Lucas

Lewis
Carter Cassel
James Hoffman
Andrew Craine

Lindenwood
Colin Hackworth

thats really i got if you know anymore please post up

If you want overall the list goes on and on (DI DII DIII and club). But if your just talking about this past year then i think you have the majority. Except for the club athletes because they are not guaranteed a spot until they try out

But a couple that i found are...

Parker Kolodka NYU St. Peters Prep (OH)
Mike Grannen St. Ambrose Sycamore (OH)

most college club squads would pound the D-2 and D-3 VB programs..I would also say that the Ohio State club teams would have given the OSU mens varsity a good match last season. Remember the varsity gave Stanford a very good match before losing 3 to 0. D-2 and D-3 programs would struggle against most top college club teams.

most college club squads would pound the D-2 and D-3 VB programs..I would also say that the Ohio State club teams would have given the OSU mens varsity a good match last season. Remember the varsity gave Stanford a very good match before losing 3 to 0. D-2 and D-3 programs would struggle against most top college club teams.

Are players on club teams restricted by enrollment status? I mean, can players who played on the OSU team sign-on for club after they play 4 years?

I agree that most D2 & D3 teams would struggle against many of the D1 clubs.

only 2 players on OSU Club team were on the OSU varsity team at one time, and club rules allow for NO MORE than 2 ex varsity players per club team. I think thats the rule again this season..most D-1 club teams would pound D-2 and D-3 programs..only think that players can play club while enrolled at the college. After graduating, they are not allowed to play. You can play 5 or 6 years if not yet graduated, or have changed your major. Can any one else add anything?

100% agreed. There are some darn good DI club teams out there (OSU Illinois Virginia Tech Oshkosh Florida Lakeland etc) and I totally agree that they would definitely beat a lot of those DII and DIII teams. Also there are DI AA teams out there that would beat a lot of the DII and DIII teams (Du Page Cincy Air Force etc). Ive seen these club teams play and they are definitely more talented than some of the DII and DIII teams that I have seen. No down grade to the DII and DIII teams. I am just saying that club is much more competitive than people think.

GCLVBALL, you get it..enough said..most number 2 club teams are pretty good also...enjoy the sport, its a pretty good one that most people do not know much about..

Exactly. I mean the list goes on of the good club teams out there. I mean i just named the few top from DI and DI AA but the list really goes on. I just wish, like VBFAN1960 mentioned, that more people knew about volleyball (mens that is)

The most media exposure volleyball gets lately is the AVP shutting down operation. Not exactly the kind of press that makes the sport attractive.

to bad, we were planning on attending the matches in Cincinnati, but now are stuck watching the Reds blow their lead in the baseball race with the Cards.

blessing and a curse

only 2 players on OSU Club team were on the OSU varsity team at one time, and club rules allow for NO MORE than 2 ex varsity players per club team. I think thats the rule again this season..most D-1 club teams would pound D-2 and D-3 programs..only think that players can play club while enrolled at the college. After graduating, they are not allowed to play. You can play 5 or 6 years if not yet graduated, or have changed your major. Can any one else add anything?

College club teams are a blessing because they allow guys to continue playing at a high level. And some are very, very good. A curse because the more successful college club programs are the less likely athletic directors will push for collegiate varsity programs.