Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

nupanther

I'll be happy if the dont have the worst record in MLB. No Marte, Dyson is on the back nine. Too many quality pitchers not pitching.

Crusaders

Taillon being out definitely hurts but Archer was a major bust. That trade will go down as an all-time worst, maybe THE all-time worst.

nupanther

Pirates with the worst record in the Major leagues. The majority of the lineup below the Mendoza line, urine poor pitching, no closer after Nightmare proved to be a subhuman. The puzzling thing is the starting lineup in 19 had, outside of the catching position, decent batting average.

Irwin20

Pirates with the worst record in the Major leagues. The majority of the lineup below the Mendoza line, urine poor pitching, no closer after Nightmare proved to be a subhuman. The puzzling thing is the starting lineup in 19 had, outside of the catching position, decent batting average.
Yeah it’s really about pitching. No legit number one or number two starter. I lost track what happened to Williams?

nupanther

Taillon being out definitely hurts but Archer was a major bust. That trade will go down as an all-time worst, maybe THE all-time worst.
This had me googling 'worst trade in pirate history. And somebody (cant remember who) listed this the 2nd worst. Potentially being the worst as long as the trajectory of Meadows and Glasnow keeps going up. I was pretty happy when they got him in 18. By the middle of last year I was hoping this dude could eke out 5 innings without multiple crooked number innings

Irwin20

Well maybe now the Bucs won’t set the record for all time worst winning %. They need to win at least 15 games, almost halfway there

Irwin20

Lose twice to the Wsox and win both on DH v Cards. So not concerned they won’t win 15 I’d say the over under is 21 wins.

Irwin20

9th inning rally over the Reds!
At this point in time the only team I really enjoy seeing the Bucs beat is the Reds. Also glad they are not going to set the record for worse winning %. Noticed today they are only a game or two back of the World Series champs Nats.