PickeringtonNorth (I) at Powell Olentangy Liberty (I): Who's going to win this one???

Pickerington North at Powell Olentangy Liberty: Who's going to win this one???

• Pickerington North wins by: less then 7 points

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Pickerington North wins by: 7 points or more but less then 14 points

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Pickerington North wins by: 14 points or more

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Powell Olentangy Liberty wins by: less then 7 points

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Powell Olentangy Liberty wins by: 7 points or more but less then 14 points

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Powell Olentangy Liberty wins by 14 points or more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IUDOGS

It's August 19, 2019

Pickerington North (I) at Powell Olentangy Liberty (I): Who's going to win this one???

Where: Powell Olentangy Liberty

When: Friday: August 30, 2019

Kickoff: 07:00 PM

Calpreps: Pickerington North -2

Weather for Friday August 30, 2019

Mostly Cloudy

Temp: 82 / 60

Chance of Rain: 20%

Wind: WSW - 11 mph

? ? ? :giggle: :) :unsure:

This is IUDOGS signing off.

Last edited:

Does anyone know how PN looked against UA?

They looked really good on offense , OK on defense overall from what I was told. UA couldn't cover Chris Scott who made some bigger plays . UA has a couple tough Running backs who got loose a few times but PN won the scrimmage for what that's worth.

PN handled the scrimmage pretty easily. Couple breakdowns in beginning on D as the style of offense(see Hilliard Davidson) Took a series to get assignments straight on triple option( linebackers) after that wasn't a challenge. Offensively PN scored at will usually within 6 plays. I believe they started at the 40 going in each time. D line for Pick North may be the best they have ever had. Depth will be a concern overall for PN through the season but kids on the field are playmakers. I will say UA looked better overall from last year. New coach has them buying into the system and discipline seemed to be there on both sides of the ball. I could foresee them building a mini Davidson style program over the next few years. North D line had a lot of pressure in backfield all day causing many miscues on snaps and pitches.

Pick North -7. Interesting game as PN has dominated the series and this will be the last time they play, I was told Liberty wanted to move on and not re-up. I don't think there is any love lost between the coaching staffs and is at Liberty. Liberty has a great coaching staff so it could get very interesting.

Pickerington North at Powell Olentangy Liberty: Who's going to win this one???

It's August 22, 2019

How many statrters are returning for Pickerington North???

a) Offense

b) Defense

How many starters are returning for Powell Olentangy Liberty???

a) Offense

b) Defense

08 days left before the beginning of the 2019 Ohio High School Football Season

? :giggle: ? :D :) ?

This is IUDOGS signing off.

On paper Pickerington North has to be the favorite in this one. Hopefully they live up to all the hype they are getting. Would hate to see them have another average season with all that D1 college talent on their team.

I watched a Liberty scrimmage. They look like the real deal to me. Lots of big linemen, their qb had a really good arm - accurate too.

Nice win for the Patriots, they dominated in the second half! We will see if they can keep it going this Friday vs Wayne...

On paper Pickerington North has to be the favorite in this one. Hopefully they live up to all the hype they are getting. Would hate to see them have another average season with all that D1 college talent on their team.
Looks like QB recuiting did not go as planned this year.

Nice win for the Patriots, they dominated in the second half! We will see if they can keep it going this Friday vs Wayne...
It’s a good win but Pickerington North is very overrated. As always, the hype machine is in full effect over there but not much else. They have Jack Sawyer and 2-3 other really good players. Very undisciplined team that relies way too much on the pass. Their numbers are very low. So much so that they have to field two JV teams rather than a Freshman team. Pick Central’s Freshman class has 55 players some of which are starting to lose their patience regarding playing time/reps. Some are considering transferring to North but would be required to sit out a full year.

Looks like QB recuiting did not go as planned this year.
Their (PN) QB comes from a family that sent their kids to Catholic grade school but come junior high would send their kids to Lakeview JH and then PHSN because of football. For all intents and purposes that is a family who 100% was about their kids making their mark at North for football and there would’ve been hell to pay (maybe not from them personally but from other families) if yet another transfer would’ve taken the QB job.

They've got offensive line issues from what I could see in the CW scrimmage and the game at Liberty. They are way too reliant on the pass and need to establish a decent run game to try an balance the offense out a bit. With their schedule (8 playoff teams from last year) it could be a long year for North. They've got a ton of great skill position people, but if the O-line isn't up to snuff, that's a big problem. Sawyer played almost every play both ways which could lead to him wearing down in 4th quarter of games and especially later on in the year. He's a tremendous player, but Pickeringtonsports comment about #'s are right, the lower #'s are telling and could become more evident as the year rolls on.