parking garage

bigmoe12

i heard that moeller wants to build a parking garage. where would they put it and is this the big news everyone was talking about.

I don't get these people. When you buy property next to a school you have to expect there are going to be changes to the grounds. YOu would have thought that the guy who just bought the house on Kennedy Lane would have asked who owns the trees he so dearly loves. :rolleyes:

I have a plan so bear with me...

...for 5 weeks straight the entire Moeller student body will rotate in nightly shifts from 8 PM to 6 AM standing on the back football field making as much noise as humanly possible. We could use air horns, cars, and our own obnoxious voices to annoy each and every neighbor soooo much that they all move out and we win!

Sounds good to me :angel:

I go to Moeller and I live right by the house in that picture. So I am on both sides of the fence. Moeller kids need to shut the ---- up about how gay the neighbors are, they have a very good argument. But on the Moeller side I agree that moeller does need to make changes and deserves better things.

I've got the answer. Build a huge parking garage in the back and then put the practice fields in the front with lights and all. Add a little landscaping by Montgomery Rd and all is well.

MoeMan39 said:
I go to Moeller and I live right by the house in that picture. So I am on both sides of the fence. Moeller kids need to shut the ---- up about how gay the neighbors are, they have a very good argument. But on the Moeller side I agree that moeller does need to make changes and deserves better things.

Is this the best you got? At least make an intelligible argument.

What these neighbors are claiming is down right ridiculous. While they may have a better argument with the lights, legally at least, there is NO argument over the trees. Every time one of YOUR neighbors makes one of these arguments it makes them sound petty and snobish.

Believe me if I had purchased a $450,000 or more home I would do everything possible to try and save what my neighborhood looks like, but there is one key difference here. When everyone on Kennedy Lane or Cove or whatever that newer cul-de-sac is called moved there they had KNOWLEDGE that a high school existed in beyond their property line. FULL DISCLOSURE... no suprises that Moeller is there.

Thus, they have as much right to try and tell Moeller what they can or can't do with their property as Moeller does telling them to cut their grass. It is a ridiculous argument.

The only vehicle these people have to use is when Moeller has to ask for a zoning change... i.e. the lights... then these people can go in front of the zoning board of appeals and fight it. I highly doubt however that cutting down trees will change the zoning.

The neighbors knew what they were moving by when they moved in, and all high schools make changes. I remember hearing about one lady who said that Moeller should "move" and she was serious. That was the funniest thing I have ever heard. I would love to see her face to face to tell her how I feel!

MOE_LIFE_87 said:
I have a plan so bear with me...

...for 5 weeks straight the entire Moeller student body will rotate in nightly shifts from 8 PM to 6 AM standing on the back football field making as much noise as humanly possible. We could use air horns, cars, and our own obnoxious voices to annoy each and every neighbor soooo much that they all move out and we win!

Sounds good to me :angel:

:clap:

Bravo! I wish Big Moe didn't have to be nestled in a neighborhood full of snobs. Boo hoo, so sad! A few of the guys that I work with live in those neighborhoods and they related how they have no problem with Moeller expanding their facilities, lighting, parking, or otherwise. Undoubtedly the noisy few will win again.

:wallbang:

as a resident of kennedy ln. I am completly for any and all of Moeller's expansion plans! I moved to kennedy ln. so someday my kids can walk through those doors!

I recently called in a argued against one of the many newspaper articles that make moeller look like the big bad tree killer and the neighbors the poor environmentalist victims and stated my case. Look there are going to be thousands of kids that will walk through moeller in their future that this parking garage will affect. Parking is a sensitive issue at moeller because not ever 1/3 of the student body can park at the school. Plus one of the public parking lots down the street that is mostly comprised of moeller students was just dug up for some kind of business. With moeller expanded its enrollment, parking is going to be extremely important for the students to get to school especially for the students that like 20-30+ minutes away who have to drive themselves. Now these neighbors are going to affect these type of future crusader's for however many years the school is around all because they want to keep a few trees for the, on average, 5-7 years they still live there.
That is one of the most selfish situations i have ever been around in my life.

Chucko said:
:clap:

Bravo! I wish Big Moe didn't have to be nestled in a neighborhood full of snobs. Boo hoo, so sad! A few of the guys that I work with live in those neighborhoods and they related how they have no problem with Moeller expanding their facilities, lighting, parking, or otherwise. Undoubtedly the noisy few will win again.

:wallbang:
Not all of us in that nieghborhood are snobs. I wish they would start construction tomarrow!!

leatherhelmet77 said:
At $8100 a year they got the money.

$8100 a year comes to keep up with X in the academic department...capital improvement comes from generous donations over a period of time. Moeller doesn't have mounds of cash in the bank somewhere. They're actually struggling to make the interest payments on the $9.9MM investment in the library and brisben family center.

Parking Update

A Moeller Grad purchased two lots on the northside, right behind the science wing (On Kennedy Lane) and donated the two properties to Moeller. Once the neighbors got wind of this they went right to the Sycamore Zoning Board. At the Zoning Board CK and BC put up and fight and well...chalk up a win for Moeller. I'm assuming, and was told the lots will be used for extra parking.

Dpole7 said:
A Moeller Grad purchased two lots on the northside, right behind the science wing (On Kennedy Lane) and donated the two properties to Moeller. Once the neighbors got wind of this they went right to the Sycamore Zoning Board. At the Zoning Board CK and BC put up and fight and well...chalk up a win for Moeller. I'm assuming, and was told the lots will be used for extra parking.
you are correct!! Go big Moe!

leatherhelmet77 said:
Not all of us in that nieghborhood are snobs. I wish they would start construction tomarrow!!

:angel:

Sorry about the generalization! I know a few people out here where I work that would be happy to see Moe expand as well.

Wheelman said:
That's great! Now lets beat the SOB's on the lights and the fields too!!!

Forget that, let's go for the gold! Ohio Stadium II right in the backyard behind the AC! Er wait.. I guess that would be behind the new weight room/wrestling buidling now. Either way GO BIG MOE!