#PACtion™ 2024

Is there a dislike button for them?
Well.....of the very few people who read or comment at the OHSAA twitter account they were ratio'd with snarky & negative comments for the Telhio mortgage post.

Listening to that banker discuss mortgages on that post for ten seconds and I wanted to off myself like Erwin Rommel. That chick in the video probably doesn't have a free beach house in North Carolina like mine does.

Last edited:
I just threw in an Erwin Rommel for you. #Fresh Content
WOW! Talk about coming out of left field! Didn't think we'd get a Desert Fox reference on PACtion2024™ today.

Rommel is one of those characters in history that it's hard to believe he was even real. He was to tank tactics what Paul Brown was to modern offensive football. He was asked to develop the plans for defending the French coast prior to DDay and we can all be thankful the nazidiots didn't follow his recommendations otherwise "The Man in the High Castle" might not be a fiction book/show.

He was also German General during WW2 so you'd assume he's a bad person, but his loyalty to Germany was so unquestioned that the German resistance asked him to take over the country if they could get rid of Hitler. When the plot failed, Hitler was still scared to outright kill Rommel so they left him commit suicide and then claimed his staff car got hit by Allied gunfire.

And this, dear readers, is why PACtion2024™ remains one step above the rest of the chicanery on this site . . .

Last edited:
My father allowed a fella to live with us when I was a child, he was down on his luck after a rough divorce but kept a job and didn't mind staying in a spare bedroom in the basement.

I remember him asking if everyone at the table was done making plates, I would set him a serving spoon and dude would literally eat our gravy right out of the bowl. He said it was the best he ever had.

He also taught me to play chess, sharp shoot, and make a sling shot.

why do I bring this up?

He drove a tank in WWII under General Patton's command at the end of the war. I don't think there is anything else to say other than his stories of events in those days had my undivided attention even as an 8 year old.
thats TUFFNESS

PACtion™

dude would literally eat our gravy right out of the bowl
It wasn't Mo Tipton was it?
WOW! Talk about coming out of left field! Didn't think we'd get a Desert Fox reference on PACtion2024™ today.

Rommel is one of those characters in history that it's hard to believe he was even real. He was to tank tactics what Paul Brown was to modern offensive football. He was asked to develop the plans for defending the French coast prior to DDay and we can all be thankful the nazidiots didn't follow his recommendations otherwise "The Man in the High Castle" might not be a fiction book/show.

He was also German General during WW2 so you'd assume he's a bad person, but his loyalty to Germany was so unquestioned that the Germain resistance asked him to take over the country if they could get rid of Hitler. When the plot failed, Hitler was still scared to outright kill Rommel so they left him commit suicide and then claimed his staff car got hit by Allied gunfire.

And this, dear readers, is why PACtion2024™ remains one step above the rest of the chicanery on this site . . .
His son Manfred Rommel was mayor of Stuttgart, Germany, for 22 years. 1974-1996.

Could Stuttgart field an 8th school for PACtion™? I also wonder if Manfred Rommel knew Koach?

That chick in the video probably doesn't have a free beach house in North Carolina like mine does.
The Goldbergs Eating GIF by ABC Network
:mad:

Way back when....how many of you listened to Ernie Harwell call Detroit Tigers games on 760 WJR every now and then? That radio signal boomed into Ohio.

Well this is a hell of a story. Wow:

It has nothing to do with our thread topic but damn I stumble into some stuff reading.

FYI, my favorite baseball announcer was Marty Brennaman. Panache. That's what he had. He connected with 700 WLW fans. And because WLW has a strong signal I enjoyed that radio station in Meadowlake Estates.

And before y'all bring up Tom Hamilton, he's ok but not Marty IMO. But Tom should get mucho love from Ohio sports fans, deservedly so.

In our beloved HS sports the WQKT crew were better than WHBC and I will stand with that.

Bill Caples WTIG Massillon deserves love and so did Rudy Pie in Akron.

WJER always has covered The Valley of the IVC and Dover/Philly well and how many Tuscarawas County fans impersonated Matt Ritzert's radio voice?

These gentlemen helped make the game fun.

You didn't have to be the best technical announcer. Did you have passion?

---

Yes @Mikefln I liked Myron and Bill Hillgrove. Lanny was ok with some really bad baseball teams. I'd drink heavily, too, with the Buccos.

Last edited:
Way back when....how many of you listened to Ernie Harwell call Detroit Tigers games on 760 WJR every now and then? That radio signal boomed into Ohio.

Well this is a hell of a story. Wow:

It has nothing to do with our thread topic but damn I stumble into some stuff reading.

FYI, my favorite baseball announcer was Marty Brennaman. Panache. That's what he had. He connected with 700 WLW fans. And because WLW has a strong signal I enjoyed that radio station in Meadowlake Estates.

And before y'all bring up Tom Hamilton, he's ok but not Marty IMO. But Tom should get mucho love from Ohio sports fans, deservedly so.

In our beloved HS sports the WQKT crew were better than WHBC and I will stand with that.

Bill Caples WTIG Massillon deserves love and so did Rudy Pie in Akron.

WJER always has covered The Valley of the IVC and Dover/Philly well and how many Tuscarawas County fans impersonated Matt Ritzert's radio voice?

These gentlemen helped make the game fun.

You didn't have to be the best technical announcer. Did you have passion?

---

Yes @Mikefln I liked Myron and Bill Hillgrove. Lanny was ok with some really bad baseball teams. I'd drink heavily, too, with the Buccos.
Herb Score and Nev Chandler.....Nev could make fun of Herb in the best way....lol

I do also like Paul Keels

The story about the Harwell's is sad...I wonder what the actual details are and were..

I liked Jim Johnson to listen to...and I do like Sam Bourquin....for all over great work from numerous announcers from one station...you can not beat WQKT

Last edited:
Herb Score and Nev Chandler.....Nev could make fun of Herb in the best way....lol

I do also like Paul Keels

The story about the Harwell's is sad...I wonder what the actual details are and were..

I liked Jim Johnson to listen to...and I do like Sam Bourquin....for all over great work from numerous announcers from one station...you can not beat WQKT
Speaking of WQKT, someone may have already brought this up or at least referenced it, but what all changes are going into effect I believe on May 1st? Only thing I thought I heard was they were purchased by another company, making some changes to certain segments that will move to sister AM station 960 I believe? Are they keeping the Tribe games? Am I allowed to say tribe anymore? Too many questions for this early LOL but I enjoyed listening to the farm hour waking up at the crack of dark thirty getting ready for bow hunting and turkey season (now in session) with my dad and Uncle, also, that was about the only station that would come in down in the boonies of Guernsey county.

Full House 90S Tv GIF

Speaking of WQKT, someone may have already brought this up or at least referenced it, but what all changes are going into effect I believe on May 1st? Only thing I thought I heard was they were purchased by another company, making some changes to certain segments that will move to sister AM station 960 I believe? Are they keeping the Tribe games? Am I allowed to say tribe anymore? Too many questions for this early LOL but I enjoyed listening to the farm hour waking up at the crack of dark thirty getting ready for bow hunting and turkey season (now in session) with my dad and Uncle, also, that was about the only station that would come in down in the boonies of Guernsey county.
Latest article from 3/29:
River Radio Ministries (RRM, 104.9 the River in Columbus, OH), recent purchaser of WQKT, has announced the new expected lineup and format for 104.5 FM!

One important note from the purchase is the daily Farm Hour with Ron Hamilton will REMAIN at its regular 5am time slot. RRM President and CEO, Bill Montgomery, is excited to continue serving the rural powerhouse that is Wayne and surrounding counties. “ The WQKT format is changing, but the heart for serving the community will not! We’re excited to continue serving our local farmers and the agriculture community with the important information that drives the ag economy.”

RRM is known for playing uplifting and encouraging Christian music, their friendly and fun on-air personalities, and they’re excited to bring these offerings WQKT. Beginning May 1st, listeners to 104.5 WQKT will experience the NEW 104.5 the River!

Other programming changes of note:

• Due to the nonprofit status of RRM, WQKT will no longer air professional sports.
  • However, the remainder of the current Cleveland Cavaliers season will air in its entirety on 104.5.
  • Also, due to contractual obligations, the first month of Cleveland Guardians baseball will be heard on WQKT, 104.5 FM and WKVX, 960AM.
  • High School and College of Wooster sports are still a part of the plans for area sports fans, with additional details coming before the start of the football season.
  • The daily Morning Edition local newscast will move to WKVX, and local news and community information will still be heard on WQKT.
RRM is excited to begin a new uplifting and encouraging legacy in Ohio’s heartland, beginning May 1st! To learn more about who The River is, visit riverradio.com/Wooster.

Full House 90S Tv GIF

River Radio Ministries (RRM, 104.9 the River in Columbus, OH), recent purchaser of WQKT, has announced the new expected lineup and format for 104.5 FM!

One important note from the purchase is the daily Farm Hour with Ron Hamilton will REMAIN at its regular 5am time slot. RRM President and CEO, Bill Montgomery, is excited to continue serving the rural powerhouse that is Wayne and surrounding counties. “ The WQKT format is changing, but the heart for serving the community will not! We’re excited to continue serving our local farmers and the agriculture community with the important information that drives the ag economy.”

RRM is known for playing uplifting and encouraging Christian music, their friendly and fun on-air personalities, and they’re excited to bring these offerings WQKT. Beginning May 1st, listeners to 104.5 WQKT will experience the NEW 104.5 the River!

• Due to the nonprofit status of RRM, WQKT will no longer air professional sports.
  • However, the remainder of the current Cleveland Cavaliers season will air in its entirety on 104.5.
  • Also, due to contractual obligations, the first month of Cleveland Guardians baseball will be heard on WQKT, 104.5 FM and WKVX, 960AM.
  • High School and College of Wooster sports are still a part of the plans for area sports fans, with additional details coming before the start of the football season.
  • The daily Morning Edition local newscast will move to WKVX, and local news and community information will still be heard on WQKT.
RRM is excited to begin a new uplifting and encouraging legacy in Ohio’s heartland, beginning May 1st! To learn more about who The River is, visit riverradio.com/Wooster.
Not to start a holy war, but interesting that this company/station will not air professional sports due to it's "nonprofit" status. Not that I care for most professional sports and as many of you have pointed out, sadly it's impacting the college game far too much as well, but that collection plate sure is expected to get filled on Sundays.

Not to start a holy war, but interesting that this company/station will not air professional sports due to it's "nonprofit" status. Not that I care for most professional sports and as many of you have pointed out, sadly it's impacting the college game far too much as well, but that collection plate sure is expected to get filled on Sundays.
I don't believe that it is the radio station decision as much as it is due to IRS regulations for remaining a non profit status does not allow that activity.

Full House 90S Tv GIF

How about OSU? Do we still get to here the velvety pipes of Paul Keels on QKT?

IIRC, per one of their previous posts, OSU is likely gone because "fans can listen to those games elsewhere." I'm not sure where that "elsewhere" is, though.
WKLM, WJER, WHBC. Or 97.1 The Fan through your computer/phone, etc.

Commercial radio is dying and much of it is self-inflicted. For example, if you have any familiarity with the Columbus market, they got out the chainsaw and cut a bunch of well known radio people today:

Commercial radio is dying and much of it is self-inflicted. For example, if you have any familiarity with the Columbus market, they got out the chainsaw and cut a bunch of well known radio people today:

Well...sounds like they are trying to figure out how to get to a younger market...am not sure that is even possible...the youngsters in the gym all have ear buds in....but are listening to everything but radio.

WQKT is going to be difficult to replace....I have listened to this station since the 1980's

Here is the complete list of the Ohio State Radio Network

but are listening to everything but radio.

Why would they? Commercial radio sucks. They're doing themselves in with stale programming and a lack of creativity. In some aspects they've given up and encourage the use of their own all-music apps (iHeartRadio does this).

The stale ideas and programming is an epidemic. For example in talk radio they replaced Rush Limbaugh with a former CIA spook and a lawyer who offers bad gambling advice. Clay and Buck are a joke as a replacement.

You can pick whatever format you like on commercial radio; music, talk, sports.....the quality of programming has plummeted.

Podcasts and shows on YouTube or Rumble are a whole other world to enjoy - and if you're lucky enough to be able to play those shows while you're working.....it's great. You can also listen to unlimited music on the Sirius or iheartradio website/app on your computer, TV, phone, car, etc.

It really isn't comparable anymore. Commercial radio has Pam Cook on WHBC (gross). Who really wants that?

My workplace desktop today has Tucker talking with Joe Rogan. Yesterday was Jack Posobiec on with Mancow Muller. My God Mancow. Enough said.

I can be entertained and bang out work email all day long while listening to various podcasts.

Commercial radio can not compete for entertainment or enlightenment. I can get my local news from various websites and don't need to hear an over the hill hag on a local yokel radio station.

WQKT was one of the good ones, ironically. This is a flavor of what they're going to become:

I wouldn't be surprised if they make it an "Akron Canton" station and pull out of Wooster altogether or rebrand it as "Akron Canton's River 104.5 FM."

Last edited:

Radio is dying because most of the music sucks and when the sucky music isn't playing the DJ's suck and when there is no sucky music or DJ, the commercials suck. Some of the commnercials suck, but they are catchy kind of like Garfield 1 23 23 back in the day lol

A little bit off topic but I was wondering if other's have this same problem. I have a dvr through my cable provider. I use to watch OSU games on tv and listen to the radio for play by play coverage. Apparently the dvr recorder is on a slight delay so the radio broadcast is ahead of the play on tv. Hate it if they have a couple of annoying announcers broadcasting on tv. End of rant.

A little bit off topic but I was wondering if other's have this same problem. I have a dvr through my cable provider. I use to watch OSU games on tv and listen to the radio for play by play coverage. Apparently the dvr recorder is on a slight delay so the radio broadcast is ahead of the play on tv. Hate it if they have a couple of annoying announcers broadcasting on tv. End of rant.
It's common.

Radio is dying because most of the music sucks and when the sucky music isn't playing the DJ's suck and when there is no sucky music or DJ, the commercials suck. Some of the commnercials suck, but they are catchy kind of like Garfield 1 23 23 back in the day lol
When the Renaissance Rams of Madison Comprehensive High School shock the world in the Ohio Cardinal Conference in 2024, those games on WMAN 98.3 FM are gonna be super hot.

The Dana Woodring glory days are coming back.

Maybe Madison could be a good non-league game for certain PACtion™ schools.

#Ram TUFF

Radio is already being repackaged on streaming platforms. What's going to happen eventually is generated playlists that fit your music in-between news stories and current event recaps on your drive to work. New name, same thing

Why in the world did Smoove get up and get out of the 'ospitle only come up in here and see all of this blasphimical material on PACtion2024? Smoove don't need to readifyin' 'bout no radio stationations, no commerciallizationation!!Y'all gots 113 pages of a thread, and the last 20 are plain and simple nutrageousness!!! Smoove could have just turnified CNN or MSNBC if Smoove wantified to hear aboutcht or read aboutcht unsubstantiationated blitheringness stuff. COme on, y'all! Y'all be better than this! Preach on some mores about BellStores, what specials they gots goin' on. Hecks, y'all, Smoove might even thinkify Smoove mighta been better of not gettin' well and just dyin' 'stead of gettin' better and gettin' all bonified up to see what was new on PACtion, only to find this MESS! Y'all disappointedanated Smoove, fo 'rill!
Pleez do not make Smoove think Smoove shoulda jus gived up in the 'ospitle, y'all, 'cuz that is what Smoove thinkin' Smoove shoulda done well dun! Get y'all mindz straight, Kotite, get on point! You know you my brothuh from 'nutha muthah; bluestreak, PITman, come on, y'all!
Do Smoove haveta do the "C'mon, Man!" immitationation of the brain-dead POTUS for y'all to think Smoove serious as all get up, get back, getdown and get around??!!! Smoove camed off Smoove's death bed for somethin' more than THIS!!!! Smoove gonna promise to be better, so y'all gots to bring the BETTERNESS as well! Smoove dun stared down the grim reaper and Smoove kicked its behind like a muthah!
LEt's do it, y'all!!!! GO PACtion 2024