PAC-7 2019-20

Who is the point guard that transferred?
I don't know names, never bought a program. I could be wrong and maybe he's just injured. The short kid they rely on for 3's is a Pappas, his father played 90-93 and there's a Schindlewolf on the floor as well. The warmups read "Family First" or something. Seems appropriate as those two sophomores never come out no matter how many turnovers and airballs.

HVAC you are so clueless we just played them and they are so young they will struggle all year and we set are game plan to face guard the red head who is only a sophomore and he still hit 3 3s on us. He shoots the 3 at 40 percent and yes he is to small to play the 1 as of now. They are playing so much better after the PG left he never stepped on the floor until this year at any level. Coaches realized he was not very good and were putting him on the bench that's why he left. I can only imagine how good you were I do bet you never played a minute of varsity basketball. You make up stats and think people listen to you there very easy to find if you look. He averages 7 3s attempted a game and makes a average of 3. Look it up. Schindewolf shoots a little lower percentage but still can stroke it. That's 2 sophomores and there 6'4 post is a sophomore. We will probably drop them after this year with so many upperclassmen. Also there only win came against a team we lost to.

HVAC you are so clueless we just played them and they are so young they will struggle all year and we set are game plan to face guard the red head who is only a sophomore and he still hit 3 3s on us. He shoots the 3 at 40 percent and yes he is to small to play the 1 as of now. They are playing so much better after the PG left he never stepped on the floor until this year at any level. Coaches realized he was not very good and were putting him on the bench that's why he left. I can only imagine how good you were I do bet you never played a minute of varsity basketball. You make up stats and think people listen to you there very easy to find if you look. He averages 7 3s attempted a game and makes a average of 3. Look it up. Schindewolf shoots a little lower percentage but still can stroke it. That's 2 sophomores and there 6'4 post is a sophomore. We will probably drop them after this year with so many upperclassmen. Also there only win came against a team we lost to.

Alright, you obviously know more than I. I'll admit, the stats I quoted were given to me by a former coach who watches the games much closer than I do. But as you said, they're easy to find so I went and looked. I said 20% and you said 40%. The stats show we are both wrong. He's at 23%. But good thing you called me out on my "20%".
MHS vs CVCA: Pappas shot 10, made 1. Schindelwolf shot 8, made 4.
MHS vs Canton South: Pappas shot 9 made 1. Schindelwolf shot 5, made 0.
MHS vs Waynedale: Pappas shot 12, made 3. Schindelwolf shot 13, made 6.
MHS vs Waterloo: Pappas shot 15, made 4. Schindelwolf shot 15, made 4.
MHS vs Triway: Pappas shot 13, made 5. Schindelwolf shot 12, made 2.
All games combined Pappas had more turnovers by himself than the rest of the team put together.

Then you said they benched the PG. Kid started and finished every-single-game. Had highest number of assists, points after turnovers and was the only one who got the ball across the line. I was at every game, were you? There was no indication of any “benching”. If you’re right and he “never stepped on the floor at any level” he sure made quite a showing before his exit. Koach France told me he dunked as a freshman JV PG so it seems you’re wrong on that too. If he stays in the PAC and/or stays with the game I guess we’ll see firsthand if he rides the bench the next two years as you surmise. Either way, another up and comer with potential exits Manchester basketball.

Listen, I've got no dog in this fight other than I'm alumni and I want nothing more than a winning season for our boys. That, and maybe what most others around town want, a new varsity coach. I want the best for these sophomores but maybe they're a tad undercooked? Might there have been better, seasoned players that were run off in recent years now leaving us a varsity team made up predominately of sophomores and freshmen? There’s absolutely nothing wrong with using the “red head” for 3’s, but you proved my point that our coach has all his eggs in one basket. Did you see any plays that aren’t focused on his 3’s? Kid never comes off the court but has zero, ZERO defense and can’t hold onto the ball. What happens when every team face guards him? You get a 1-10 record I guess. Coach is repeating the same old song as previous years (remember Jojo?). Zero depth, all hopes pinned on one player. Each year we lose players with great potential. They either transfer out or quit altogether due to the coaching staff. With stats currently at 1-10 will Manchester finally talk about replacing the coach?

I have no idea where you got your stats but you aren't even close on attempts and makes. CVCA he made 4 if you can read and missed 4 made 6 vs Fairless and missed 3 CS made 1 missed 4 Waynedale 3-7 and so on. Again you must have a dog in the fight to make up stats just pulled up his averages and he averages 13.1 pts and 5 TO..SO Manchester only averages 9 TOs? Hard to Imagine from a 1-10 team. The most 3s he took in a game is 9 again your clueless, and 3 assists Schindewolfe averages 12 a game and 1 assist. The kid that left was told after game Freshman was going to start he averaged 1 pt a game and 4 turnovers again clueless. As far as the coaching goes I have no idea we play them once a year and scout them a couple times a year and watch some film hard to tell not being at practice every day. I just know face guarding a sophomore must mean hes doing something right. Yes hes probably just a 3 pt shooter now but when he grows so will his game Im sure. I did not see one play just set up for him to shoot 3s against us they run the flex and he gets what he gets. Him and Schindewolfe will make a nice tandem with the big kid. love to see him become a CHIP

MHS vs Triway: Pappas shot 13, made 5. Schindelwolf shot 12, made 2.
I have no idea where you got your stats but you aren't even close on attempts and makes.
Not to get in the middle of this, but here are the stats from Manchester vs Triway:
Pappas: 5 points, 1-10 FG, 0-3 2PT, 1-7 3PT, 2-3 FT, 2 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 turnovers, 1 charge taken
Schindewolf: 11 points, 4-8 FG, 1-3 2PT, 3-5 3PT, 1 rebound, 1 steal, 2 turnovers

Last edited:
Always wasted talent at Manchester in the past 30 years.
That's my point but some would rather argue stats which are never accurately reported in manchester sports. The team shows sparks of talent but tragically undercooked with a coaching staff that shows no sign of being able to develop a winning combination and zero ability to market any of the boys for their future. Celebrating your 3 on the court during a 1-12 season shows immaturity but the coach won't nip it. If you're lucky enough to be the ONE (possibly two) that the coach favors you'll come out somewhat okay. Coach cannot read the game and adjust and cannot close out a game to save a life. He'll never have a fully successful team when one (or two) get a pass on endless airballs and turnovers while the rest get blasted and beat down on the bench or in the locker room (you can hear it through the walls). Sending him to anger management classes hasn't helped the teams attrition rate, nor does breaking clipboards or replacing the bench he loves to kick with his cowboy boots. Makes one wonder how many better players are cheering from the jungle or are wearing different colors now. Speaking of which, I spoke with the 6'4" sophomore post's grandfather in the concession line. He admitted that they've considered moving him to Northwest, the kid wants out. Also two of the three freshmen on varsity are exploring other school options not to mention a female varsity superstar who's on the hunt for another team after a recent change in coaching staff there. Very interesting what you hear when you listen in the stands and hallways.

Tuesday 1/14 Results
Barberton 64 Northwest 51
Fairless 45 Waynedale 43
Northwestern 79 Manchester 65
Tusky Valley 50 Tuslaw 43
CVCA 46 Orrville 45
Hiland 55 Triway 49

Friday 1/17 Results
Northwest 50 Orrville 42
Triway 45 CVCA 43
Tuslaw 71 Manchester 63

Saturday 1/18 Results
Tuslaw 67 Tusky Central Catholic 44
Fairless 45 Canton South 38

Sunday 1/19 Results
Triway 58 Oak Hill 46

Updated PAC-7 Standings: http://pac7sports.org/public/sports/boys-basketball/2019-20

This week's schedule:

Tuesday 1/21
Northwest @ CVCA
Fairless @ Manchester
Tuslaw @ Triway
Norton @ Orrville

Friday 1/24
CVCA @ University School
Tuslaw @ Northwest
Fairless @ Triway

Saturday 1/25
Triway vs Marysville @ MVNU
Manchester @ Tusky Valley

Manchester is in that boat of being much too young. There are only 1 or 2 games so far that they could have won. Playing seniors against sophomores just is not going to end will. Physically and mentally, the difference is huge. So, give the kids a break. They had CVCA down by 12 at half when they played them. Unfortunately, that is when fatigue and the inexperience caught up with them and it ended in a blowout. They were down 20 against Fairless, cut it down to 8 I think and then ran out of gas. So there are times of good things. They play hard every night, which isn't easy to do in their case.

And I can't think of a single player who has transferred or was "run" out of town that would be playing on this team. Maybe your thinking of Wright, they ran him down to Cincy! LOL It's just a down year for basketball. The kid that enrolled in CVCA would not play on varsity right now for them. Not sure why he left. He started every game and had plenty of chances to score and prove himself.

But, it's all good. It's high school kids playing basketball to the best of their abilities! Sit back enjoy the games! :)

All of this talk about kids transferring out because they don't like a coach or a style of play is really jacked up and it makes me mad. This isn't some sort of free agency thing. This is high school. HIGH SCHOOL!

I'm a Manchester alum. I played sports at Manchester. It's the only place I wanted to play. It's the only school I ever wanted to go to. Where has the loyalty gone?

If you're good enough, you'll play. I had coaches climb up my a*s in a variety of sports, usually well deserved, too. That's part of any sport. These are high school kids. Most won't play at the next level. Why? It's talent, or a lack of it, not coaching. So, transferring because you think it's going to get you that scholly probably isn't going to happen unless you magically develop the skills to earn it.

Enjoy high school. Enjoy the sports you play. But, show a little respect for and loyalty to the place you're from.

Last edited:
wow well said that is dead on from what I have seen. The kid had more than enough chances from middle school on just not a basketball player when the lights come on he hides and waits for others to take over. He wants no part of and type of physicality. I do hear he is good in soccer and probably the band. Whn

Tuesday 1/21 Results
CVCA 44 Northwest 37
Triway 70 Tuslaw 53
Orrville 50 Norton 47
Fairless 55 Manchester 49

Friday 1/24 Results
Triway 37 Fairless 31
CVCA 69 University School 61
Northwest 89 Tuslaw 64

Saturday 1/25 Results
Triway 60 Marysville 53
Tusky Valley 62 Manchester 55

Tuesday 1/28 Results
Tuslaw 70 Orrville 63
Fairless 52 Northwest 47
CVCA 58 Manchester 51

Friday 1/31 Results
Triway 69 Manchester 39
CVCA 57 Tuslaw 48
Fairless 44 Orrville 43
Northwest 69 St Thomas Aquinas 50

Saturday 2/1 Results
Ashland 60 Orrville 57
Fairless 54 Tusky Valley 31

UPDATED STANDINGS: http://pac7sports.org/public/sports/boys-basketball/2019-20

This Week's Schedule

Tuesday, 2/4
Streetsboro @ CVCA
Smithville @ Tuslaw
Coventry @ Northwest
Field @ Manchester

Friday 2/7
CVCA @ Fairless
Orrville @ Manchester
Northwest @ Triway

Saturday 2/8
Wooster @ Orrville

Hey PITman did Triway ever find a team,to fill out there 22 game schedule,I just seen on the ohsaa website ,they were looking for an yet this season,wonder why Triway and Wooster couldn't play each other, Wooster only has a 21 game schedule to,I think that would be a heck of a game,there both open on February 21

Hey PITman did Triway ever find a team,to fill out there 22 game schedule,I just seen on the ohsaa website ,they were looking for an yet this season,wonder why Triway and Wooster couldn't play each other, Wooster only has a 21 game schedule to,I think that would be a heck of a game,there both open on February 21
Wooster and Wooster Triway should be playing each other EVERY year!

Wooster and Wooster Triway should be playing each other EVERY year!
Unfortunately we have not found a 22nd game. And I agree, I think Wooster and Triway would be a great game every year.

Tuesday 2/4 Results
Tuslaw 75 Smithville 62
Northwest 66 Coventry 58
Manchester 61 Field 51
Streetsboro 50 CVCA 38

Friday 2/7 Results
CVCA 50 Fairless 44
Triway 49 Northwest 38
Orrville 57 Manchester 40

Saturday 2/8 Results
Wooster 52 Orrville 36

Updated PAC-7 Standings (link): http://pac7sports.org/public/sports/boys-basketball/2019-20

This Week's Schedule

Tuesday 2/11
Triway 70 Orrville 36
- Triway clinches at least share of PAC-7 championship
Northwest 78 Manchester 37
CVCA 62 Nordonia 51
Tuslaw 50 Fairless 47

Friday 2/14
Tuslaw @ Manchester
CVCA @ Triway - CVCA can share PAC-7 title with a win, Triway wins PAC-7 outright with a win
Northwest @ Orrville

Saturday 2/15
Orrville @ Northwestern

Tuesday 2/11
CVCA 62 Nordonia 51
Tuslaw 50 Fairless 47
Northwest 78 Manchester 37
Triway 70 Orrville 36

Friday 2/14
Orrville 34 Northwest 33
Tuslaw 73 Manchester 59
Triway 58 CVCA 30