PAC 2022

Maybe Fairless should play Dalton. I know they played them pretty recent ago. Why didn’t they continue playing them?
Think we covered this in the late pre-season. Fairless played Smithville or Dalton for almost 10 straight years prior to Covid. In that stretch they won 3 times (Ironically 2 of the wins were the last 2 times they played Dalton).

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned Sandy Valley as a possible PAC replacement for CVCA. I've stated that I don't see a compelling reason why Sandy Valley would want to leave the IVC for the PAC. But the more I think about it, a team like Sandy Valley gives Canton South a "neighborhood rival" in the PAC and would be the sort of school that Tuslaw and Fairless (who apparently don't like overly challenging schedules) would vote for. Tuslaw and Fairless have a history with Sandy Valley. They know they can compete with them.

Right now West Holmes and Coventry to me are the most logical options for the PAC but as strong as the West Holmes football program is currently, would Tuslaw and Fairless really vote to have them join the league? As for Coventry, there's all that history with Manchester and have they gotten over that in New Franklin?

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned Sandy Valley as a possible PAC replacement for CVCA. I've stated that I don't see a compelling reason why Sandy Valley would want to leave the IVC for the PAC. But the more I think about it, a team like Sandy Valley gives Canton South a "neighborhood rival" in the PAC and would be the sort of school that Tuslaw and Fairless (who apparently don't like overly challenging schedules) would vote for. Tuslaw and Fairless have a history with Sandy Valley. They know they can compete with them.

Right now West Holmes and Coventry to me are the most logical options for the PAC but as strong as the West Holmes football program is currently, would Tuslaw and Fairless really vote to have them join the league? As for Coventry, there's all that history with Manchester and have they gotten over that in New Franklin?
Let me ask you a question. You like to take shots at Fairless and Tuslaw for wanting to schedule weaker teams, right?? You ever think why Canton South wanted to join this league? Don’t say travel. It’s because they wanted to play weaker teams. Do you honestly think Northwest would rather have West Holmes in the league or Sandy Valley? Point is, schools are always going to look out for themselves first and foremost, which they should. Fairless was a pretty bad program not long ago. They weakened the schedule, got some wins, and have been blessed with a nice run of talent. Maybe now they can look at the schedule and add someone a little better in their non conference.

The macho thinking of you have to get tougher and play the best schools in order to succeed and win state championships is an approach that maybe 1% of Ohio High School football teams can take. The rest are just trying to get their programs better in any way necessary.

Before Northwest got into the Pac, they were independent and having to really challenge themselves with difficult opponents. Did that make them better? No it actually hurt their football program. Guess what, now they are playing a bunch of schools that they can beat, even when NW is down, and now you are starting to see their program take off again.

Let me ask you a question. You like to take shots at Fairless and Tuslaw for wanting to schedule weaker teams, right?? You ever think why Canton South wanted to join this league? Don’t say travel. It’s because they wanted to play weaker teams. Do you honestly think Northwest would rather have West Holmes in the league or Sandy Valley? Point is, schools are always going to look out for themselves first and foremost, which they should. Fairless was a pretty bad program not long ago. They weakened the schedule, got some wins, and have been blessed with a nice run of talent. Maybe now they can look at the schedule and add someone a little better in their non conference.

The macho thinking of you have to get tougher and play the best schools in order to succeed and win state championships is an approach that maybe 1% of Ohio High School football teams can take. The rest are just trying to get their programs better in any way necessary.

Before Northwest got into the Pac, they were independent and having to really challenge themselves with difficult opponents. Did that make them better? No it actually hurt their football program. Guess what, now they are playing a bunch of schools that they can beat, even when NW is down, and now you are starting to see their program take off again.
Not disagreeing with anything you're saying, but considering Fairless was the school that led the charge to get rid of CVCA for "being too good", they've made their own bed here. Just my opinion, but I'd say they earned all the smoke they get.

Not disagreeing with anything you're saying, but considering Fairless was the school that led the charge to get rid of CVCA for "being too good", they've made their own bed here. Just my opinion, but I'd say they earned all the smoke they get.
Well if your CVCA and if your like some others on here, now you can just look at being removed from the league as a positive. You can go schedule whoever you want. You can play Ed’s, Hoban, Massillon. Playing these schools will get you ready for the playoffs. Look at Louisville, they always poked fun at the little guys in their league. Bet maybe now they wouldn’t have.

Well if your CVCA and if your like some others on here, now you can just look at being removed from the league as a positive. You can go schedule whoever you want. You can play Ed’s, Hoban, Massillon. Playing these schools will get you ready for the playoffs. Look at Louisville, they always poked fun at the little guys in their league. Bet maybe now they wouldn’t have.
Sorry if I upset you, Mrs Held.

I get what you’re saying here, but if they are happy to be independent, they would be the first school to feel that way

Before Northwest got into the Pac, they were independent and having to really challenge themselves with difficult opponents. Did that make them better? No it actually hurt their football program.
Guess what, now they are playing a bunch of schools that they can beat, even when NW is down, and now you are starting to see their program take off again.
1. NW would probably rather have SV for travel purposes. Adding West Holmes would go against all the reasons Loudonville was only allowed to enter with Football. The travel to West Holmes for every school outside of Triway would not be great.

2. So is Fairless better because they beat up on Claymont, or are they better because of Pumneo and Calluci etc? I'm more inclined to believe the talent is what is making them better, not the lower competition they beat up on.

3. The best coaches and best programs in the state are constantly looking for good competition to schedule during the 1st three games of the season. You obviously need to work up to this....but playing up, or playing equal or better competition is ONE of the ways you make your team better.

4. NW had to leave the NBC because they couldn't pass a levy and the state came in and require them to leave the NBC because the annual participation fee was a waste of money. They also went to pay to play. They didn't leave the NBC to challenge themselves or look for better competition.

Lol! No one is upset. All I’m trying to say is now you can take your programs to the next level like you want
Well, I'm not affiliated with CVCA in any way shape or form, but thanks for the invitation.

The good news is now that the brain trust at Fairless has eliminated the big bad wolf of CVCA they can focus on how the 3 points they were away from an undefeated season & solo PAC championship. Maybe they'll ask Tuslaw if they can take Dalton's place on the schedule and play the Blue Cup twice! :ROFLMAO:

Well, I'm not affiliated with CVCA in any way shape or form, but thanks for the invitation.

The good news is now that the brain trust at Fairless has eliminated the big bad wolf of CVCA they can focus on how the 3 points they were away from an undefeated season & solo PAC championship. Maybe they'll ask Tuslaw if they can take Dalton's place on the schedule and play the Blue Cup twice! :ROFLMAO:
Maybe Fairless was the ring leader. However, every school had to be on board with removing CVCA.

8E5B155E-D62F-4AE0-A7B4-05EB5DE60D8F.gif

Just remember Sandy Valley threw a fit when they were forced out of the North and into the South in the IVC. Do you really think SV will go to the PAC to play even bigger schools?

From what I have heard there is little to no interest from West Holmes coaches in joining the PAC.

No interest from West Holmes.....SV wants tiers which likely won't happen....so does anyone know if Coventry is interested?