PAC 2022

Any first-hand reports from the scrimmages over the weekend ?
Saw this:
A965199E-740C-4471-A97A-02AC93106198.jpeg

At Marlington, CVCA gave up a score early, but then controlled the scrimmage. Drives were limited to ten plays. CVCA put up two scores and had a third “stopped” after ten plays on the one yard line. Barring a turnover, this drive was destined to score on play 11. They probably played the equivalent of about a half, with the 2s and some 3s getting in late. Royals won the turnover battle with one pick to no turnovers forced by the Dukes.

How bout it PAC fans? How did it go elsewhere?

I'm not exactly sure what the format was, but it looked on film like Canton South got the better of it against Canton CC. These automated cameras that a lot of schools have as part of their Hudl package do some screwy things at times. Looked like it was 2-1 in favor South's 1st teamers. South scored on a long TD pass and a 70 yd. QB keeper. The backups tied 1-1 with South scoring on a long TD run, and Canton CC scoring on a long TD pass.

There were about 50 players in uniform for South. Unless they have someone penciled in for place kicking duties who wasn't there, it looks like South better plan on scoring TDs. The kicker didn't have much leg beyond PAT range. Fortunately, South probably will score a lot of TDs this year. They can move the ball through the air.

I'm not exactly sure what the format was, but it looked on film like Canton South got the better of it against Canton CC. These automated cameras that a lot of schools have as part of their Hudl package do some screwy things at times. Looked like it was 2-1 in favor South's 1st teamers. South scored on a long TD pass and a 70 yd. QB keeper. The backups tied 1-1 with South scoring on a long TD run, and Canton CC scoring on a long TD pass.

There were about 50 players in uniform for South. Unless they have someone penciled in for place kicking duties who wasn't there, it looks like South better plan on scoring TDs. The kicker didn't have much leg beyond PAT range. Fortunately, South probably will score a lot of TDs this year. They can move the ball through the air.
Hope it’s a good one next weekend as well

Revere coming to Northwest for a preview tonight - will be the first live action I'll see NW this year as I missed the NP scrimmage. I expect NW to struggle through the air (pretty much all season).

Would the PAC be willing to replace a private school with another private school? If so, Canton Central Catholic seems like a good fit.

A few posters have opined for years that CVCA would eventually outgrow the PAC. Not sure if that's what's going on here. If anything, it seems like the other PAC schools have gotten much smaller in the past few enrollment counts. I am extremely curious if CVCA has immediate plans to join another league or be part of the creation of another league. My initial thought is they must have something in mind because life as a mid-sized independent is not fun. It will be interesting to see which mid-sized schools in around the current PAC footprint are content with their current situations and which ones put out feelers to the PAC, let alone submit a formal application for membership. Speaking of the footprint, losing CVCA potentially shrinks the league's footprint even moreso.

Last edited:
Would the PAC be willing to replace a private school with another private school? If so, Canton Central Catholic seems like a good fit.
We shall see. On one hand, I figured there was little chance the PAC would be interested in having 2 private schools at the same time. On the other hand, I still don't know how great the interest is on the parts of the powers that be at Canton CC to join a league. If the opportunity is realistic, I'd say the PAC is as close to the "right situation" for league membership as Canton CC has seen since their days in the short-lived Hall of Fame Conference.

Saw this:
View attachment 32299

At Marlington, CVCA gave up a score early, but then controlled the scrimmage. Drives were limited to ten plays. CVCA put up two scores and had a third “stopped” after ten plays on the one yard line. Barring a turnover, this drive was destined to score on play 11. They probably played the equivalent of about a half, with the 2s and some 3s getting in late. Royals won the turnover battle with one pick to no turnovers forced by the Dukes.

How bout it PAC fans? How did it go elsewhere?
How was the cvca Norwayne scrimmage ?

Is the Norwayne scrimmage this year at cvca? I wouldn’t Mind coming to watch
August 12th. 6PM. Come on up and say hello, Bobcat.
Just might ! Thanks
How was the cvca Norwayne scrimmage ?
We missed you, @Bobcatsfan2016. It was a beautiful evening for football, with a touch of autumn in the air. Both teams found the end zone. The starters played a half. Then the JVs played four 10-minute running quarters which went quickly. Much pizza was consumed postgame, and both teams turned their attention to Week One. Good luck to the Bobcats this season!

You as well!
We missed you, @Bobcatsfan2016. It was a beautiful evening for football, with a touch of autumn in the air. Both teams found the end zone. The starters played a half. Then the JVs played four 10-minute running quarters which went quickly. Much pizza was consumed postgame, and both teams turned their attention to Week One. Good luck to the Bobcats this season!

You as well!
Was it tied 7-7 at half ?
was it tied 7-7 at half ?

Just checked. Youngstown East was 1-7 last year (two games canceled) and average margin of defeat was 33 points. I know you should never use the transitive property … let alone across two different seasons. But y
Just checked. Youngstown East was 1-7 last year (two games canceled) and average margin of defeat was 33 points. I know you should never use the transitive property … let alone across two different seasons. But …
steel valley conference with Mooney and Ursuline so play them every year and see what your record is.

Ready for week 1!
Thursday
Fairless at Sandy Valley

Friday
CVCA at New Philly
West Holmes at Triway
Canton South at St. Clairsville
Carrollton at Manchester
Northwest at Norton
Orrville at Wooster
Conotton Valley at Tuslaw

I expect Fairless to go on the road and get the W. In regulation this year. The opener at home a year ago with the exciting OT victory set them on their way.

CVCA and New Philly is a pick-em game, but the Quakers are at home. Win the turnover battle, win the game.

Triway with a big test in Week 1. West Holmes is loaded, bit the Titans are no slouch either.

Canton South. Welcome to the PAC. Big Harbin points to the winner of this one. Both teams will win a lot of games this year. Week 1 PAC Game of the Week against St. Clairsville, who went four rounds deep in the playoffs a year ago.

Might be a long night in New Franklin if Carrollton is as good as a year ago. But, you learn not to doubt the Panthers. We shall see.

Northwest. Can they grind it out? Think it may be a tall task in Week 1 against Norton.

Annual rivalry game for Orrville. Red Riders should have the will. But not enough horses.

And Tuslaw. Division VII opponent. Mustangs have to come up with the win.

Here we go!

Last edited:
It was just a matter of time. Ive heard for 2-3 years now that other PAC schools were complaining about the student athletes that were starting to attend CVCA. I went to school across the street when CVCA basically had no sports. Now they are getting some of the top athletes (boys and girls basketball as an example) and it wasnt sitting well with the rest of the league. As the only private school in the league, Im sure the others schools felt that its only going to get harder to compete.