PAC 2022

Went past Fairless the other evening. The new track looks excellent. I was told a few months ago that work was also going to be done to the bleachers, but I didn't notice anything different. However, I don't remember the bleachers too well. Were the bleachers just wooden planks, or did they always have some type of aluminum or plastic sheathing covering the wood?
Absolutely agree with this. Saw it last week and almost drove into the fence I was gawking so much.

As for the bleachers, used to go to games with a buddy who said they used to call the visiting stands "Splinter City".

Absolutely agree with this. Saw it last week and almost drove into the fence I was gawking so much.

As for the bleachers, used to go to games with a buddy who said they used to call the visiting stands "Splinter City".
Maybe they covered the wood on the visiting bleachers. As I said earlier, I don't have too many memories of what the bleachers were like before. All the planks were white instead of wooden, so I guessed that they covered them with something, but I didn't go over to that side for a closer look. I've always either been on the home side or at field level when I've been to Brideweser Stadium.

The large gate behind the ticket booth on the hill was locked, but there is an opening in the fence that one can walk through unobstructed, so I went down to track level on the home side to get a closer look at the track. It appears the track was done awhile ago because it's already been painted. The paint job is usually done by a separate company weeks after the new surface has been laid.

That'll show 'em sit out the last season of football you'll ever play in your career because you'd do more for your team at WR than you would as a QB
I'm so torn tbh....on one hand, the kid is who he is, he's not his brother. He's not close to the leader his brother was. If he doesn't want to play QB, but instead wants to play the position where he was 2nd team All State as a FRESHMAN, then I think that decision should be respected. On the other hand, as a coach, I would want my best athlete at QB if I didn't have a true stand in there and take shots kinda guy to replace him with. So I see both sides...

The one thing I for sure don't agree with, is the ultimatum. How in the world is your team better without that kid regardless or what position he plays?! You've done nothing but hurt the team. DeMarco needs to look in the mirror and realize he's a grown man trying to strong arm a kid into something he doesn't want to do. Not a good look, and tbh, something he needs to answer for if the kid chooses not to play....

I'm so torn tbh....on one hand, the kid is who he is, he's not his brother. He's not close to the leader his brother was. If he doesn't want to play QB, but instead wants to play the position where he was 2nd team All State as a FRESHMAN, then I think that decision should be respected. On the other hand, as a coach, I would want my best athlete at QB if I didn't have a true stand in there and take shots kinda guy to replace him with. So I see both sides...

The one thing I for sure don't agree with, is the ultimatum. How in the world is your team better without that kid regardless or what position he plays?! You've done nothing but hurt the team. DeMarco needs to look in the mirror and realize he's a grown man trying to strong arm a kid into something he doesn't want to do. Not a good look, and tbh, something he needs to answer for if the kid chooses not to play....
Your “connection” at NW who you heard this from is not even close to what is going on there. I can assure you, there was no talk about moving positions or else. I can also assure you, the player you are speaking of, wasn’t playing before any talks were done. Coach Demarco knew he wasn’t playing back in May. This has nothing to do with a position or ultimatum. They just don’t have a QB. They have athletes, just no QB right now that can give them the best chance to compete every Friday night. So the rumor mill is wrong but is needed because of the debacle they are in. Just passing the buck off on a 17 year old kid.

PAC 2022 thread - we started with Panther on Panther (verbal) violence and have now graduated to the Royal Rumble . . .
Panther on Panther...Royal Rumble...

Not sure what to call this latest one. American Indians lived in a much more of a warrior society. Their battles were seasonal and, while violent, often were more about exercise and proving individual manhood than they were about conquest. They were almost much more "civilized" in that they didn't glorify the battles by naming them the way Europeans did.

We'll shift from using school nicknames and go with location - Canal of Conflict!

Panther on Panther...Royal Rumble...Canal of Conflict...who's next?

Not sure what to call this latest one. American Indians lived in a much more of a warrior society. Their battles were seasonal and, while violent, often were more about exercise and proving individual manhood than they were about conquest. They were almost much more "civilized" in that they didn't glorify the battles by naming them the way Europeans did.

We'll shift from using school nicknames and go with location - Canal of Conflict!

How about the "Fracas in Fulton," or are we saving that alliterative term for whenever the Fairless contingent gets around to staging its own civil war on this thread?

How about the "Fracas in Fulton," or are we saving that alliterative term for whenever the Fairless contingent gets around to staging its own civil war on this thread?
I was going to us "Fight of the Falcons" when we got to that point, but fracas is SUCH a better word. Well done, Sir!

I partial to Ahiga donut 2.??

I partial to Ahiga donut 2.??
1659383386850.png

Your “connection” at NW who you heard this from is not even close to what is going on there. I can assure you, there was no talk about moving positions or else. I can also assure you, the player you are speaking of, wasn’t playing before any talks were done. Coach Demarco knew he wasn’t playing back in May. This has nothing to do with a position or ultimatum. They just don’t have a QB. They have athletes, just no QB right now that can give them the best chance to compete every Friday night. So the rumor mill is wrong but is needed because of the debacle they are in. Just passing the buck off on a 17 year old kid.
My source is as close as it gets. I never said this was new news - I think we all assumed it was going to go like it did last year where he wasn't with the team all summer and then ended up playing.

If Mick isn't there, there is a reason. The reason is because he doesn't want to play QB and was told that was his only option.

Also @Raylan_Givens I like the verbiage in canal of conflict, but lets flip it....The Conflict on the Canal! Has a nice ring to it, kinda like the "Rumble in the Jungle." ?

My source is as close as it gets. I never said this was new news - I think we all assumed it was going to go like it did last year where he wasn't with the team all summer and then ended up playing.

If Mick isn't there, there is a reason. The reason is because he doesn't want to play QB and was told that was his only option.

Also @Raylan_Givens I like the verbiage in canal of conflict, but lets flip it....The Conflict on the Canal! Has a nice ring to it, kinda like the "Rumble in the Jungle." ?
So let it be written, so let it be done:

Panther on Panther
Royal Rumble
Conflict on the Canal

Daddy trying to deflect the truth that he's actually ineligible ...
Not an angle I've heard, but I will confirm the accuracy of this statement this evening......

Have to admit though, your statement feels more vendetta against the Micks for ditching Chesterville than factual......idk why, just has that feel....

Daddy trying to deflect the truth that he's actually ineligible ...
Not an angle I've heard, but I will confirm the accuracy of this statement this evening......

Have to admit though, your statement feels more vendetta against the Micks for ditching Chesterville than factual......idk why, just has that feel....
@sheldoncooper - just to clarify for those of us sitting across the street eating popcorn watching this - are you saying he's academically ineligible or for some kind of otherreason?

Just asking, because if we start talking ah-KUH-Dem-ICKs on this thread we'll need @cuyahogacuse & @the123kidz and their peers to start doing study tables so the rest of us can understand.

@sheldoncooper - just to clarify for those of us sitting across the street eating popcorn watching this - are you saying he's academically ineligible or for some kind of otherreason?

Just asking, because if we start talking ah-KUH-Dem-ICKs on this thread we'll need @cuyahogacuse & @the123kidz and their peers to start doing study tables so the rest of us can understand.
I’ve been quietly sitting this one out as there’s nothing to contribute. But since you gave me the shout out, all I’ll say is kids are kids. We sometimes forget that behind the anonymity of message boards.

Reality is we’re all here because we love football. We love our schools. And face it, we love the “entertainment” of sports.

It’s easy to forget we’re talking about 14-18 year old boys here. If a given player for any team is not playing, there are typically logical reasons known to the coaches, teachers, trainers and parents, as well as the student athlete. Message board speculation is just that. Whatever the circumstances are in Canal Fulton is between the individuals involved. We are owed no explanations.

Northwest is going to roll out a team down at New Philly on Saturday morning, and I hope they push the Quakers hard. And then send the tape to the east side of Wyoga Lake Road. No doubt the Royals can use any help possible in advance of their own trip down to Tuscarawas County two weeks from Friday night.

Last edited:
It’s easy to forget we’re talking about 14-18 year old boys here. If a given player for any team is not playing, there are typically logical reasons known to the coaches, teachers, trainers and parents, as well as the student athlete. Message board speculation is just that. Whatever the circumstances are in Canal Fulton is between the individuals involved. We are owed no explanations.
When Grandad would hear someone share something this simple but profound he'd always say "There's my Amen moment for the day."
I Know Sigh GIF by Disney+

Orrville guy checking in.....

Not sure what we have but have heard if a roster of kids 5'10" and 160 lbs won the conference, we'd be a frontrunner.

I thought Hamsher thrived last year at WR, but with Schroer's graduation he's the obvious choice to move back under center. We had a lot of youth on the line last year so we should at least have some experience there.

@ Wooster then home vs West Holmes to start the season is about as tough as it gets for any D-5 school. Ending the year @ CVCA, vs Canton South and @ Triway doesn't excite me to much either.

The PAC swapping Loudonville for South is good for the conference but bad for every team that had Loudonville circled as a likely win.
It would be less painful if there was an end in sight.

Any other players to watch this season in the PAC? Not exactly a "sexy" position - but Riley Plotner at NW is one to see. 6'4" 290lb Senior left guard - kid is an absolute road grader in run blocking - has the lateral quickness to pull and lead through the hole. Very curious to see where football takes him after high school.

Canton South has two tough tests in their scrimmage schedule. They travel to Canton Central Catholic tomorrow and then they head down to Steubenville for their second scrimmage. This should get them prepared for the start of the season.

Any other players to watch this season in the PAC? Not exactly a "sexy" position - but Riley Plotner at NW is one to see. 6'4" 290lb Senior left guard - kid is an absolute road grader in run blocking - has the lateral quickness to pull and lead through the hole. Very curious to see where football takes him after high school.
What’s the old saying? Games are won in the trenches? Thanks for the heads up on Plotner. Will be following. Hope to see the offers coming his way as the season progresses.

Week 1 Scrimmage Schedule

Friday, 6PM
Waynedale at Tuslaw
Orrville at Chippewa,

Saturday, 10AM
CVCA at Marlington
Northwest at New Philly
Canton South at Canton Central Catholic
Indian Valley at Fairless
Northwestern at Triway
Manchester (and Edgewood) at Cardinal

Enough of the off-season talk. Looking forward to some first-hand reports on how the teams look this weekend. The Friday night scrimmages are already in the books. It’s time for football!