Our Lady of Victory New Pastor

PantherVOR

Our Lady of Victory has a new pastor, those of you who have abandoned the parish in the last twelve years may want to give it another chance. Fr. Ben is extremely likeable. He comes to Victory after overseeing a period of growth at The Anthenaeum of Ohio that is unheard of in recent history. He appears to be exactly what Victory needed, an answer to many prayers so to speak.

Our Lady of Victory has a new pastor, those of you who have abandoned the parish in the last twelve years may want to give it another chance. Fr. Ben is extremely likeable. He comes to Victory after overseeing a period of growth at The Anthenaeum of Ohio that is unheard of in recent history. He appears to be exactly what Victory needed, an answer to many prayers so to speak.

Agreed, my wife and I like him very much.

A pastor can make or break a parish.

I am worried that some of the new younger priest are trying to be uber Catholic and pushing people away.

I find it interesting that the new, younger priests are trying to be uber Catholic. Not really what I expected.

That is very much the case in the seminary. When one makes such a great commitment lukewarm just doesn't get it.

I have heard good things about the new pastor. My family at OLV seem excited about the change. I hear, like many of our priests, he is a man's man and lives as balanced a life as one can within the priesthood with pets, hobbies and enjoying the company of a large circle of friends. Fewer but better priests is certainly an improvement.

Met him a week or so ago, very personable guy compared to their previous pastor. Hopefully he rejuvenates the parish as I know it's dropped off considerably in recent years.

I find it interesting that the new, younger priests are trying to be uber Catholic. Not really what I expected.
I have more experience with the Diocese of Covington.

I have seen a lot of young priest come through my parish and they all try to do everything. Which I mean they say every prayer, and if they can they find the longest version. If they can have a 30 minute homily they will. Every vestment they can wear they do, even a biretta. Incense for everything. On the first weekend at our parish the one priest even refused to let anyone else distribute communion. These are the things that I noticed with the young priest.

https://www.ourladyoflourdes.info/ is the parish with some of the weirdest priest. The bishop has been sending them there because they are that wacked out. Those are the priest that are going to kill the Catholic faith.

I really believe that Fr. Ben is going to be a game changer for Our Lady of Victory Parish and the school. Last week in his sermon he expressed genuine appreciation for those who make the sacrifices necessary to send their children to Catholic schools and to those who support Catholic schools. In all my years going to Catholic churches I don't know if I've ever heard that expressed before. It was definitely refreshing to hear.