OSU Wrestle Offs

Never quite sure of your point but I always know your opinion. I like the fact that you're consistent, predictable and reliable. :)
? Well I'll simplify.... " 9.3 points per match average" isn't very telling to being offensive if you're teaching a fair share of unranked wrestlers padding your "offense". "Details Details " Remember ;).

Additionally if you're "offensive" and a returning AA ....You'd think you could win against a 50-50 wrestler in a wrestle off....with all that "offensive prowess" lol. Go ahead name anyone you can think of losing a wrestle off as an AA against a 50 - 50 wrestler? But wait ....! And could only muster up 1 point?? 1? lol "Details Details " ...For the record you're pretty "consistent" too :censored::censored:;):banana:

? Well I'll simplify.... " 9.3 points per match average" isn't very telling to being offensive if you're teaching a fair share of unranked wrestlers padding your "offense". "Details Details " Remember ;).

Additionally if you're "offensive" and a returning AA ....You'd think you could win against a 50-50 wrestler in a wrestle off....with all that "offensive prowess" lol. Go ahead name anyone you can think of losing a wrestle off as an AA against a 50 - 50 wrestler? But wait ....! And could only muster up 1 point?? 1? lol "Details Details " ...For the record you're pretty "consistent" too :censored::censored:;):banana:
OK, I know logic and facts don't register with you, but here goes- Carson wrested 12 matches last year against ranked opponents. Won 9 of them, scored an average of 5.3 points, gave up 3 points. His 3 losses were all by 2 pts. 2 were NCAA champs, and the other was ranked #1 for most of the year. His scoring average against ranked and non ranked opponents is a hair behind that of Sasso. Yes he holds position well - like Kyle Dake- and he can score points. If he has a hole, it's on the bottom. Hepner exploited that - and good on him. Hepner is a hell of a wrestler by the way, and would likely be starting on many B10 teams. He was actually ranked top 25 for a minute last year. He's also certified for 157 which could be interesting. Given Carson's talent, I'd chalk that wrestle off loss up to a blip that he'll put behind him and will not have any impact on his season.

Last edited:
If the point is he didn't score 9.3 pts per match and he did, there is no point.
" 9.3 points per match average" isn't very telling to being offensive if you're teaching a fair share of unranked wrestlers padding your "offense".

If the point is that Hepner was 50 -50 wrestler last season, he wasn't. There is no point.
losing a wrestle off as an AA against a 50 - 50 wrestler?

If the point is, Karchla shouldn't have lost to Hepner. Agreed. Point made.

OK, I know logic and facts don't register with you, but here goes- Carson wrested 12 matches last year against ranked opponents. Won 9 of them, scored an average of 5.3 points, gave up 3 points. His 3 losses were all by 2 pts. 2 were NCAA champs, and the other was ranked #1 for most of the year. His scoring average against ranked and non ranked opponents is a hair behind that of Sasso. Yes he holds position well - like Kyle Dake- and he can score points. If he has a hole, it's on the bottom. Hepner exploited that - and good on him. Hepner is a hell of a wrestler by the way, and would likely be starting on many B10 teams. He was actually ranked top 25 for a minute last year. He's also certified for 157 which could be interesting. Given Carson's talent, I'd chalk that wrestle off loss up to a blip that he'll put behind him and will not have any impact on his season.
Thats funny coming from you, with your "shell game cherry picking" logic :ROFLMAO:. As stated you'd think someone with so much offensive power and doesnt rely on holding position defensively for close wins ..or losses..... ( against top 10 competitors) ..would have at least 1 major in Big 10's or NCAA'S? Let alone only scoring 1 point against a 50-50 wrestler in a wrestle off he lost. Hmmmmmm. "Details Details" lol

If the point is he didn't score 9.3 pts per match and he did, there is no point.

The debate is if Karchla is considered an offensive machine, I say he relies on holding position defensively more than offense. Any top recruit is going to score lots of points on unranked wrestlers. So there is indeed a point.
If the point is that Hepner was 50 -50 wrestler last season, he wasn't. There is no point.

Hepner is 7-6 career, and 4-5 last season when he wrestled "attached" . I dont know that seems close enough to 50-50 by my math 🤷‍♂️
If the point is, Karchla shouldn't have lost to Hepner. Agreed. Point made.

Could be his lack of offense above "better" opponents.

All I'm saying is ive seen him wrestle many times, he spends more time fighting off attacks than initiating them. I think thats a problem that was additionslly exposed in the wrestle off . We dont have to agree.....not important to me.

He lost who cares, move on .It happens in drill partner situations.He made weight for the first time also. He will be the starter again.Hepner just played the match well.

is karson a career 6-7th place 4x aa kinda guy or a guy that can win 2 titles. both are awesome. Ill be cheering for him for sure. losing to hepner in a wrestle off makes it look like a career 6-7th place kinda guy

Does dt and dake have a ton more to grow? Well if you change the scoring and techniques needed to win, I would say yes. If you say it's still fs then no they wouldn't have a lot more growth.
My guess that if they freshened up on their mat wrestling a bit first, they would be better than they were in college if they entered a folk tourney.

My guess that if they freshened up on their mat wrestling a bit first, they would be better than they were in college if they entered a folk tourney.
better, yes... big jumps, no... nolf got to his legs multiple times and he didnt get to nolfs... years after folk he wasnt dominating a guy that was a step behind what he was leaving college... i know it was fs, but getting to legs is getting to legs.. is nolf right on dakes tail and dake knew it and went to psu?

Thats funny coming from you, with your "shell game cherry picking" logic :ROFLMAO:. As stated you'd think someone with so much offensive power and doesnt rely on holding position defensively for close wins ..or losses..... ( against top 10 competitors) ..would have at least 1 major in Big 10's or NCAA'S? Let alone only scoring 1 point against a 50-50 wrestler in a wrestle off he lost. Hmmmmmm. "Details Details" lol
It will be interesting to see who will have a better college career. Wasn't Marinelli a higher ranked recruit than Kharchla ? Marinelli spent 6 years in college and has a 5th, 6th, and 7th. His record was 112-15. He was the definition of a defensive wrestler.

yes it is.. but not multi time ncaa champ stuff like many,including me, thought karson could do... losing to hepner doesnt make it look like multiple time ncaa champ stuff
He could do that but expecting it is a very different thing.

Hepner is 7-6 career, and 4-5 last season when he wrestled "attached"
I have him at 15-7 career from wrestlestat but that could be wrong.

All I'm saying is ive seen him wrestle many times, he spends more time fighting off attacks than initiating them. I think thats a problem that was additionslly exposed in the wrestle off . We dont have to agree.....not important to me.
I agree he's not an offensive juggernaut. AND It's important enough to you to mention it so we know it matters. ;)

I have him at 15-7 career from wrestlestat but that could be wrong

Ohio State website career 7-6....2021-2022 6-7 . "Unattached doesnt mean anything if it did Cael wouldn't be undefeated ;) .
I agree he's not an offensive juggernaut. AND It's important enough to you to mention it so we know it matters. ;)

LOL Believe whatever makes you feel better. I just gave you "Details Details" ;)

It will be interesting to see who will have a better college career. Wasn't Marinelli a higher ranked recruit than Kharchla ? Marinelli spent 6 years in college and has a 5th, 6th, and 7th. His record was 112-15. He was the definition of a defensive wrestler.
I agree on Marinelli and Paddy Gallagher is much of the same, it will be interesting to see if Kharchla can get 1 national title at least with his lack of offense...I know those "offensive juggernauts " at PSU certainly rack them up.

I agree on Marinelli and Paddy Gallagher is much of the same, it will be interesting to see if Kharchla can get 1 national title at least with his lack of offense...I know those "offensive juggernauts " at PSU certainly rack them up.
Your words make me
Tired. Certainly we like other opinions, both sides, alternative ways to look at things and to banter a bit… but somehow someway … what you say … is like someone Poking me in the eye.

Your words make me
Tired. Certainly we like other opinions, both sides, alternative ways to look at things and to banter a bit… but somehow someway … what you say … is like someone Poking me in the eye.
Your responses are tired....riddled with lack of substance and merit. Like nails on a chalk board...? How's that drama queen?

The bottom line on Kharch is that he'll be in the lineup over Hep unless he's injured and he's a good bet for a spot on the podium.
Has that been confirmed? Or is that your opinion? I think that is most people's thoughts, but it would be hard to look at Bryce and say yeah, you beat him, but he is going to get to try and be an all American, you can't.
I get it if Carson wins or outplaces him this weekend.
But, won't Tom need something to base handpicking Carson or Bryce?
What happens if Bryce outplaces him at MSU?

Has that been confirmed? Or is that your opinion? I think that is most people's thoughts, but it would be hard to look at Bryce and say yeah, you beat him, but he is going to get to try and be an all American, you can't.
Just my opinion. But NCAA wrestling has a long history of wrestle-offs being for the fans and coaches make the decision of who starts. Now, obviously the wrestle-offs are a data point for coaches to consider. But IMO Kharch gets the start here. We'll see.

I was told Hepner is redshirting this year but hey what do I know…and no, he’s the HC he can do whatever he wants, much to the chagrin of the posters on yappi…

I was told Hepner is redshirting this year but hey what do I know…and no, he’s the HC he can do whatever he wants, much to the chagrin of the posters on yappi…
I do not know what you know, or anyone else, which is why I asked if Carson starting was confirmed.
I agree with you Tom can pick whoever he wants, but there are repercussions with not following generally accepted practices. I would not be worried about what Yappi thinks, I would be concerned about future recruits, and the morale of the team.

I do not know what you know, or anyone else, which is why I asked if Carson starting was confirmed.
I agree with you Tom can pick whoever he wants, but there are repercussions with not following generally accepted practices. I would not be worried about what Yappi thinks, I would be concerned about future recruits, and the morale of the team.
I would think that based on both wrestlers entire body of work, Kharchla that would warrant starting at this point over the result of single wrestle off where there were 0 take downs. Call me crazy. Now, if things play out differently during the 1st half of the year, that can easily change.