Old Cleveland & Central Ohio Indoor Meets

JAVMAN83

Question for the Yappi Crowd:

I have a number of top-50 all-time indoor marks on the ladies side (easiest one to work on first) that were set in the "Cleveland City" or "Central Ohio" indoor championships. I know that many, if not all, of the Central Ohio marks were conducted at French Field House. However, I don't know if they hosted it every year. The Cleveland City meet I know nothing about, but suspect it may have been held at BW?

Anyone with any insight into those meets I'd appreciate chiming in. I'm working towards a full, top-30 performer/performance listing for the girls' all-Ohio indoor lists. Those are WELL underway, and I anticipate releasing it before January of the 2020 indoor season.

Thanks.

We had a "Cleveland City" collegiate meet in the late 80's ... always at BW ... Case, CSU, John Carroll, and BW were the main 4 teams ... sometimes a few others. Not sure if you are referring to that, or something farther back in time.

We had a "Cleveland City" collegiate meet in the late 80's ... always at BW ... Case, CSU, John Carroll, and BW were the main 4 teams ... sometimes a few others. Not sure if you are referring to that, or something farther back in time.

No, this was specifically HS meets. I found these referenced in old Ohio Track & Field articles published by Craig Whitmore. Unfortunately, I don't have a full slate of the yearly issues. One particular mark I have is a 25.45 200m run by Carmen Banks (John Adams) at the Cleveland City meet sometime in the winter of 1992. I'm anticipating that this was on a flat track of 200m or less, which makes it a legal facility performance. My lists divide up the running lists between 200m or less (legal), and oversized tracks ( over 200m).