OHSWCA Sponsor Girls HS Tournament

carpmentor

The counts are being corrected from my understanding as there were several glitches with Track. 97 schools and 263 wrestlers is what it is looking like.

jmog

Nice article in the local paper today about the tournament in general and the 2 Mogadore girls. Article also summarizes results from last weeks regionals for local teams as well.

My favorite quote, but one of our girls (Z. Gaetjens) when asked by the reporter what's the difference between wrestling boys and girls.

“The guys are definitely a lot stronger, but the girls are a lot more vicious,” Gaetjens said. “Thats the best way to put it.”
Of note, the article mentions that Mogadore will have "7 in the program" next year. That is junior high and high school combined.

We will have 4 at the HS level (2 current 8th graders) and 3 at the JH level (3 current 6th graders). Of course, with the female side of the sport growing, it could be more than that. Those are just the ones currently wrestling.

Last edited:

bdhof

I'd like to bring my granddaughters to the finals on Sunday but everything I've seen has TBD as the time. Does anyone have a time or are they gonna just wing it?

carpmentor

I'd like to bring my granddaughters to the finals on Sunday but everything I've seen has TBD as the time. Does anyone have a time or are they gonna just wing it?
Sunday’s session kicks off at 10am. They will have a few rounds and medal matches, then a break to set up for the championship finals.

Hopefully someone can give us an estimate of what the time is expected to be.

carpmentor

UPDATED INFORMATION

OHSWCA Girls State Wrestling Tournament Info and Schedule:

Hilliard Davidson High School
5100 Davidson Rd
Hilliard, Ohio 43026

Weight Classes: 101, 106, 111, 116, 121, 126, 131, 137, 143, 150, 160, 170, 189, 235
Admission will be $10 per day. Spectators, stats, extra team personal.
i. A wristband will be given at the ticket table
ii. The wristband will be good for all sessions per day
iii. The gym will NOT be cleared throughout the day, either day
iv. Pre-sale tickets can be purchased on Friday Feb 21 from 7-8 pm at Davidson HS. No assigned seating

Tuesday, February 18
Brackets posted on Trackwrestling

Saturday February 22
ALL WRESTLING TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE
Session #1 begins at 11am and we will wrestle to the championship semifinals and
consolation quarterfinals.

Sunday, February 23
Session #2 begins at 10am and we will wrestle a round of
consolation, then semifinals (no earlier than 11am), consolation semifinals.

The Championship matches (1st, 3rd, and 5th places) will start 1 hour after the last placement match on the morning session. (approximately 1:30pm)

Awards will be handed out at the conclusion of 235 pound weight class to the top 6 in each weight class. We will also award trophies to the Championship and Runner-up teams.

Last edited: