OHSWCA Sponsor Girls HS Tournament

The counts are being corrected from my understanding as there were several glitches with Track. 97 schools and 263 wrestlers is what it is looking like.

Nice article in the local paper today about the tournament in general and the 2 Mogadore girls. Article also summarizes results from last weeks regionals for local teams as well.

My favorite quote, but one of our girls (Z. Gaetjens) when asked by the reporter what's the difference between wrestling boys and girls.

“The guys are definitely a lot stronger, but the girls are a lot more vicious,” Gaetjens said. “Thats the best way to put it.”

Of note, the article mentions that Mogadore will have "7 in the program" next year. That is junior high and high school combined.

We will have 4 at the HS level (2 current 8th graders) and 3 at the JH level (3 current 6th graders). Of course, with the female side of the sport growing, it could be more than that. Those are just the ones currently wrestling.

Last edited:
I'd like to bring my granddaughters to the finals on Sunday but everything I've seen has TBD as the time. Does anyone have a time or are they gonna just wing it?

I'd like to bring my granddaughters to the finals on Sunday but everything I've seen has TBD as the time. Does anyone have a time or are they gonna just wing it?
Sunday’s session kicks off at 10am. They will have a few rounds and medal matches, then a break to set up for the championship finals.

Hopefully someone can give us an estimate of what the time is expected to be.

UPDATED INFORMATION

OHSWCA Girls State Wrestling Tournament Info and Schedule:

Hilliard Davidson High School
5100 Davidson Rd
Hilliard, Ohio 43026

Weight Classes: 101, 106, 111, 116, 121, 126, 131, 137, 143, 150, 160, 170, 189, 235
Admission will be $10 per day. Spectators, stats, extra team personal.
i. A wristband will be given at the ticket table
ii. The wristband will be good for all sessions per day
iii. The gym will NOT be cleared throughout the day, either day
iv. Pre-sale tickets can be purchased on Friday Feb 21 from 7-8 pm at Davidson HS. No assigned seating

Tuesday, February 18
Brackets posted on Trackwrestling

Saturday February 22
ALL WRESTLING TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE
Session #1 begins at 11am and we will wrestle to the championship semifinals and
consolation quarterfinals.

Sunday, February 23
Session #2 begins at 10am and we will wrestle a round of
consolation, then semifinals (no earlier than 11am), consolation semifinals.

The Championship matches (1st, 3rd, and 5th places) will start 1 hour after the last placement match on the morning session. (approximately 1:30pm)

Awards will be handed out at the conclusion of 235 pound weight class to the top 6 in each weight class. We will also award trophies to the Championship and Runner-up teams.

Last edited:

Our coach sent out a schedule that says finals at approx 1:00. My guess is that they would start a little later than that, but semis are supposed to start about 11, so it could be close to that.

Our coach sent out a schedule that says finals at approx 1:00. My guess is that they would start a little later than that, but semis are supposed to start about 11, so it could be close to that.
Thank you.

Semifinal Matchups:

Riley Banyas of Elyria High School vs Makayla Young of Bellefontaine
Hayley Synder of Warren Local vs Madison Sharp of Marysville

Chelsea Horsley of Bellefontaine vs Jadah McMillen of Sidney Yellow Jackets
Samantha Caballero of Badin High School vs Lexi Simmons of Olentangy Orange

Olivia Shore of Miami East High School vs Trinity Donahue of Bethel-Tate High School
Liz Matis of Parma Sr. High School vs Peighton Irish- Arnett of Reynoldsburg

Grace Jones of London vs Shi`anna Bamba of Massillon Perry
Ellie Paterra of Indian Creek vs Isabella DiBenedetto of Upper Arlington

Leilah Castro of New Lexington High School vs Kelcey Dew of Delaware Hayes
Kendra Hiett of Lakota West vs Michaela Jackson of Minerva

Joise Davis of Sidney Yellow Jackets vs Lizbeth Banderas of Norwood
Carmela Castaneda of Defiance vs Angel Dominguez of Milford

Cassia Zammit of Miamisburg High School vs Adrianna Hutson of Ashtabula Lakeside
Mallory Chunat of Alliance vs Kaileigh Nuessgen of Beavercreek

Taryn Martin of Olentangy Orange vs Lacie Reese of Western Brown
Aliya Martin of Big Walnut vs Ari Avant of Delaware Hayes

Allyssa Pirro of Lutheran West vs Brynn Grahovac of Strongsville
Zoe Hussar of Rossford vs Anna Grabau of Olentangy Orange

Ayala Wolak of Dublin Coffman vs Nya Miller of Ridgedale High School
Maia Crumb of Olentangy Berlin High School vs Alayna Lopez of Lutheran West

Sol Franco of Hilliard Bradley vs Noel Frye of Olentangy Orange
Francesca Lanese of Grove City High School vs Larissa Franks of Galion

Elizabeth Harlow of Greeneview vs Anna Court of Galion
Erin Hamby of Miami East High School vs Bailey Hackett of Brookfield

Olivia Daniels of Malvern vs Kylie Roberts of Napoleon Girls
Karlie Harlow of Greeneview vs Payton Curley of Dover

Alaina Jackson of Minerva vs Jewels Little of Hubbard
Madeleine Wadesisi of Cleveland Central Catholic vs Sydney Preston of Miami East High School

I was told earlier that the finals will be about 2 hrs after the morning session ends. Is that still the plan? I'm bringing my 2 granddaughters and don't want to miss the finals. I'm following it on trackwrestling.com.

I was told earlier that the finals will be about 2 hrs after the morning session ends. Is that still the plan? I'm bringing my 2 granddaughters and don't want to miss the finals. I'm following it on trackwrestling.com.
Is the "2 hrs after the morning session/placement matches" still what they're saying?

101lb Finals
#1 Riley Banyas (Elyria) vs #2 Hayley Snyder (Warren Local)

106lb Finals
#1 Chelsea Horsley (Bellefontaine) vs #2 Samantha Caballero (Badin)

111lb Finals
#1 Olivia Shore (Miami East) vs #2 Liz Matis (Parma)

116 Finals
#1 Grace Jones (London) vs #2 Ellie Paterra (Indian Creek)

121lb Finals
#1 Leilah Castro (New Lexington) vs #2 Kendra Hiett (Lakota West)

126lb Finals
#1 Josie Davis (Sidney) vs #3 Carmela Castaneda (Defiance)

131lb Finals
#1 Cassia Zammit (Miamisburg) vs #3 Kaileigh Nuessgen (Beavercreek)

137lb Finals
#1 Taryn Martin (Olentangy Orange) vs #2 Aliya Martin (Big Walnut)

143lb Finals
#1 Allyssa Pirro (Lutheran West) vs #2 Zoë Hussar (Rossford)

150lb Finals
#1 Ayala Wolak (Dublin Coffman) vs #2 Maia Crumb (Olentangy Berlin)

160lb Finals
#1 Sol Franco (Hilliard Bradley) vs #2 Francesca Lanese (Grove City)

170lb Finals
#1 Ellie Harlow (Greeneview) vs NR Bailey Hackett (Brookfield)

189lb Finals
#1 Olivia Daniels (Malvern) vs #3 Payton Curley (Dover)

235lb Finals
#1 Alaina Jackson (Minerva) vs #2 Madeleine Wadesisi (Cleveland Central Catholic)

Team Results
1st - Miami East 149.5
2nd - Olentangy Orange 122.5
3rd - Marysville 99.5

Championship Finals
101 lbs
Hayley Snyder (Warren Local) won by decision over Riley Banyas (Elyria High School) (Dec 8-1)

106lbs
Chelsea Horsley (Bellefontaine) won by decision over Samantha Caballero (Badin High School) Dec 7-2

111lbs
Olivia Shore (Miami East High School) won by fall over Liz Matis (Parma Sr. High School) (Fall 4:36)

116lbs
Grace Jones (London Red Raiders) won by decision over Ellie Paterra (Indian Creek) (Dec 6-4)

121lbs
Leilah Castro (New Lexington High School) won by fall over Kendra Hiett (Lakota West) (Fall 1:04)

126lbs
Josie Davis (Sidney Yellow Jackets) won by fall over Carmela Castaneda (Defiance) (Fall 0:48)

131lbs
Kaileigh Nuessgen (Beavercreek) won by decision over Cassia Zammit (Miamisburg High School) (Dec 5-2)

137lbs
Taryn Martin (Olentangy Orange) won by fall over Aliya Martin (Big Walnut) (Fall 1:13)

143lbs
Allyssa Pirro (Lutheran West) won by fall over Zoe Hussar (rossford) (Fall 2:40)

150lbs
Ayala Wolak (Dublin Coffman) won by decision over Maia Crumb (Olentangy Berlin High School) (Dec 12-5)

160lbs
Francesca Lanese (Grove City High School) won by decision over Sol Franco (Hilliard Bradley) (Dec 4-0)

170lbs
Elizabeth Harlow (Greeneview) won by fall over Bailey Hackett (Brookfield) (Fall 1:04)

189lbs
Olivia Daniels (Malvern) won by fall over Payton Curley (Dover) (Fall 1:10)

235lbs
Alaina Jackson (Minerva) won by fall over Madeleine Wadesisi (Cleveland Central Catholic) (Fall 2:21)

Team Results
1st - Miami East 149.5
2nd - Olentangy Orange 122.5
3rd - Marysville 99.5

Championship Finals
101 lbs
Hayley Snyder (Warren Local) won by decision over Riley Banyas (Elyria High School) (Dec 8-1)

106lbs
Chelsea Horsley (Bellefontaine) won by decision over Samantha Caballero (Badin High School) Dec 7-2

111lbs
Olivia Shore (Miami East High School) won by fall over Liz Matis (Parma Sr. High School) (Fall 4:36)

116lbs
Grace Jones (London Red Raiders) won by decision over Ellie Paterra (Indian Creek) (Dec 6-4)

121lbs
Leilah Castro (New Lexington High School) won by fall over Kendra Hiett (Lakota West) (Fall 1:04)

126lbs
Josie Davis (Sidney Yellow Jackets) won by fall over Carmela Castaneda (Defiance) (Fall 0:48)

131lbs
Kaileigh Nuessgen (Beavercreek) won by decision over Cassia Zammit (Miamisburg High School) (Dec 5-2)

137lbs
Taryn Martin (Olentangy Orange) won by fall over Aliya Martin (Big Walnut) (Fall 1:13)

143lbs
Allyssa Pirro (Lutheran West) won by fall over Zoe Hussar (rossford) (Fall 2:40)

150lbs
Ayala Wolak (Dublin Coffman) won by decision over Maia Crumb (Olentangy Berlin High School) (Dec 12-5)

160lbs
Francesca Lanese (Grove City High School) won by decision over Sol Franco (Hilliard Bradley) (Dec 4-0)

170lbs
Elizabeth Harlow (Greeneview) won by fall over Bailey Hackett (Brookfield) (Fall 1:04)

189lbs
Olivia Daniels (Malvern) won by fall over Payton Curley (Dover) (Fall 1:10)

235lbs
Alaina Jackson (Minerva) won by fall over Madeleine Wadesisi (Cleveland Central Catholic) (Fall 2:21)

Did they do OW?