OHSAA Wrestling State Tournament Tickets Now on Sale

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
OHSAA Wrestling State Tournament Tickets Now on Sale
86th boys and Inaugural girls state tournaments hosted at the Schottenstein Center March 10-12

COLUMBUS, Ohio – All-session tickets for the upcoming Ohio High School Athletic Association wrestling state tournament at the Schottenstein Center in Columbus are now on sale at Ticketmaster. All tickets are digital and must be purchased online in advance through Ticketmaster or at the Schottenstein Center ticket office.

The state tournament is March 10-12 (Friday through Sunday) and will crown boys state champions for the 86th time and girls state champions for the first time.

OHSAA member schools received ordering information in January to purchase tickets in advance of the public all-session sale.

All-session tickets in the lower bowl of the Schottenstein Center are $75 each plus applicable service fees. All-session tickets in the upper bowl are $55 plus applicable service fees.

Single-session tickets go on sale Monday, March 6. Single-session tickets are $18 in the lower bowl and $15 in the upper bowl plus applicable service fees.

“We are very excited to be at the Schottenstein Center for the wrestling state tournament,” said Doug Ute, OHSAA Executive Director. “The Schott is the perfect venue to host this large state tournament. The size of the arena floor allows us to start with 10 mats and the auxiliary gymnasium is perfect for the wrestlers to warm up. We appreciate how the staff of the Schott and the tournament staff really embrace this tournament and make it a special experience for the state tournament qualifiers.”

The state tournament schedule and more information can be found at: https://www.ohsaa.org/Sports-Tourna...ling/2023-Wrestling-State-Tournament-Coverage

Schottenstein Center information for this event can be found at: https://www.schottensteincenter.com/events/detail/ohsaa-wrestling-state-tournament

Ticket Information at the Schottenstein Center
https://www.schottensteincenter.com/events/ticket-information

Ticketmaster is the exclusive ticketing partner for events at the Schottenstein Center. The Ticket Office (venue's Northeast corner) lobby is open from 9AM to 4PM Monday thru Friday with extended hours on event days for assistance or the purchase of available tickets. Contact us at athletic.tix@osu.edu or 1-800-GO-BUCKS (1-800-462-8257).

Tickets purchased via Ticketmaster are delivered as a SafeTix code. Your phone is your ticket. Make sure your phone is charged with a bright screen. Transfer or accept a transfer and add tickets to your Apple Wallet OR Google Pay IN ADVANCE. Not valid printed on paper OR as a screenshot. Don't have a smartphone? - bring your confirmation email /photo ID to the Box Office the day of the event for assistance.

No seating open to the public in the 200 level this year. Ruining a good thing. Feel bad for the parents. Girls need their own weekend. They aren't big enough yet for the schott anyway, could have their own tournament in a much smaller venue. This has been the boys home for 25 years or more. Ruining the boys tournament to make room for the girls.

No seating open to the public in the 200 level this year. Ruining a good thing. Feel bad for the parents. Girls need their own weekend. They aren't big enough yet for the schott anyway, could have their own tournament in a much smaller venue. This has been the boys home for 25 years or more. Ruining the boys tournament to make room for the girls.
There wasn’t any by 12:25.

If they were reserved for the schools, what do you think the schools do with their pre-orders?? It's so parents can order and get 200 level tickets. You kinda contradicted yourself 💁‍♂️.
Reserved for the schools meaning coaches, ADs, Principals, superintendents, the wrestlers themselves. The 100s have always been reserved for the schools, but with the addition of the girls there this year they had to use most of (if not all of) the 200s as well.

Last edited:
Also, only showed 3 mats. Isn't there going to be 4 in the finals? What is the mat assignments for the first 2 sessions?

I'm sorry but the Boys belong on their own... Where in America do Boys and Girls compete in the same arena at the same time? Building this sport is vital but not this way...
I agree. The boys are on their 86th tournament, and for the past 25 years they've been at the Schott. Now, this year, they add the girls and take away from the boys. No more stage on Sunday night and no more award ceremony being given during the finals. That stage might not seem like a big deal to some, but I know first hand that it's a dream to compete on that stage. All 672 get to wrestle on the floor, but only the final 84 get to experience being up on the stage. Taking that away is a huge deal to me, and I'm sure many others feel the same way. The standing ovation given when a 4xer is awarded his last medal has always been something special to witness also. Now that is being taken away.

I have a daughter that wrestles. Growing the sport for the girls is awesome and I'm all for it, but this isn't the way to go about it. Let them have their own place and time. They need to make their own way just like the boys did for 50+ years before they got to wrestle in the Schott.

If the girls want to be a part of the big show, they can still wrestle in the boys post season. Qualify for it. Earn it

First of all the weather in Guam could care less MitSulHer, check on it and let me know. I am fortunate to have had 2 of my boys win a title in D1. 1 on the big stage which was such a honor and 1 in Covid year where they made the best of a bad situation, Mr. Kali did a great job in making it very special for those boys... sharing the stage or even the floor I agree is not the way to make it on your own. It's not the way to advance your cause by taking away from some elses.

Just wondering, why weren't the girls given the opportunity 85 years ago?
Do they not "deserve" to wrestle in front of a big crowd? Why not?
It certainly was not their fault.
Other than the platform, which is costly and time consuming to build, what has been lost?
Let's see how this all plays out before getting too critical.

Last edited:
I did not realize I was in the minority, and maybe I am not, maybe it is just more people posting it are against it.
But I am all for the girls wrestling along side the boys. I am excited to follow along and watch the girls as I have watched the boys for the past 25 years. I have not gotten to see much girls wrestling, but I have at events like Fargo and Super 32, and those girls are awesome.
Do not fear change.

the girls is only gonna get bigger in numbers.eventually theyll have to move on.people say keep them together .people say i like watching the girls.wait a minute.if they are not together are you gonna go pay the price and watch.majority no...they need to have different date and on there own.

how dare they compete in the same arena at the same time. The audacity. Just like…boys and girls state Track and field. Or boys and girls state swimming. Both of which had decades of male tournaments before females were also invited. Think everyone threw a fit back then too? If so, time has forgotten them. Just like time will forget you haters.

I agree. The boys are on their 86th tournament, and for the past 25 years they've been at the Schott. Now, this year, they add the girls and take away from the boys. No more stage on Sunday night and no more award ceremony being given during the finals. That stage might not seem like a big deal to some, but I know first hand that it's a dream to compete on that stage. All 672 get to wrestle on the floor, but only the final 84 get to experience being up on the stage. Taking that away is a huge deal to me, and I'm sure many others feel the same way. The standing ovation given when a 4xer is awarded his last medal has always been something special to witness also. Now that is being taken away.

I have a daughter that wrestles. Growing the sport for the girls is awesome and I'm all for it, but this isn't the way to go about it. Let them have their own place and time. They need to make their own way just like the boys did for 50+ years before they got to wrestle in the Schott.

If the girls want to be a part of the big show, they can still wrestle in the boys post season. Qualify for it. Earn it
I agree with you except I don't mind the ladies. I like to watch wrestling. The stage and metal presentations being removed is a joke. The people that think it's funny can pound sand. Your little click is out of touch and feel superior imo. Watch the political spin of why it happened.

Just wondering, why weren't the girls given the opportunity 85 years ago?
Do they not "deserve" to wrestle in front of a big crowd? Why not?
It certainly was not their fault.
Other than the platform, which is costly and time consuming to build, what has been lost?
Let's see how this all plays out before getting too critical.
85 yrs ago… 1938. First year of the boys state tournament.
Only 18 yrs prior did women get the right to vote.
They had more important things to worry about than wrestling with the boys.
I don’t think John Hay High (or any other high school) would’ve been ready for a girls’ tournament.
And, I’ve said this before… no one “deserves” something; they have to “earn” it.

I don’t think John Hay High (or any other high school) would’ve been ready for a girls’ tournament.
And, I’ve said this before… no one “deserves” something; they have to “earn” it.
No one has “earned” the location of a state tournament. It’s just decided on by a bunch of ADs they’ve never met. Whether it’s the Schott or some high school is beyond their control.

The award ceremonies being done after the tournament is going to reduce the overall length of the program.

That awards break right before 215 is basically a license for people to leave, given that the awards break is going to take longer than the last two weight classes, and people want to get on the road home.

That is some amazing "logic" right there and it explains things in 1938.
Why are you applying to 2023?

Will anybody have any access to 200 level seating this year? Or am I out of luck and have to buy the nosebleeds?

Well, last year there were 10+ threads on here with people selling tickets. Not sure what the secondary market will be like this year. There are also people scalping tickets outside of the Schott every year.

Well, last year there were 10+ threads on here with people selling tickets. Not sure what the secondary market will be like this year. There are also people scalping tickets outside of the Schott every year.
Yeah, its not my first rodeo haha. I was actually asking, because I was on the site on the dot when they became available, and the 200 section was already all gray'd out. So I wasn't sure with the addition of the girls event, if they were even available for the general public anymore.