ohsaa press conference at 8 tonight

They need to move forward with plans to play Fall sports with whatever member schools are able to play. DeWine also needs to come forward and give his blessing for high school sports. That will make it easier for superintendents to make the call to let the kids play.

My guess is at this point they are taking their ques from dewine and co and working on implementing dewines directives.

I can't imagine much other than they are suspending the season in hopes of a Spring plan to be worked out. Scrimmages lasted until August 22nd, therefore "one more week" of delay isn't going to fix anything.

Keep in mind, to my knowledge, it's not a suspension, but virtually all schools in Franklin County have either cancelled Fall Sports or are holding off until October.

I can also see volleyball being cancelled or joining a lengthy suspension.

Mentioned earlier, today's numbers were horrible.

Wilking (Wyoming) and Kaufman (Lakota West) on the OHSAA Board of Directors are both long-time AD's and would want their coaches, players and parents to know what is going on with Fall sports--can't believe this would stay a "secret" until Friday!!

Pure speculation but depending on the news what are the talking points, messaging, etc etc. With how intense this has become for us football fans I doubt it would be something that is accomplished at 9 pm cause it will spread like wildfire and make the situation worse.......unless....maybe good news. Which would be hard to fathum at this point

Wilking (Wyoming) and Kaufman (Lakota West) on the OHSAA Board of Directors are both long-time AD's and would want their coaches, players and parents to know what is going on with Fall sports--can't believe this would stay a "secret" until Friday!!
Everyone thinking sensibly would think to just hold out the next 12-18 hours for the official release so it can come from the horses mouth.

Social media sucks right now on this, with the absence of information. Heck, I just saw the Concerned Facebook Moms of Dublin float a Change.org petition calling for "Gov. DeWine to not make COVID testing mandatory for OHSAA athletics." Uh-huh?!?

We'd be giving OHSAA too much credit to think they understand the "intentionally dump bad news on a Friday" tactic, a la Office Space (1999.)

That's an old political trick going back decades, if not longer - but yeah, it's giving OHSAA way too much credit

Everyone thinking sensibly would think to just hold out the next 12-18 hours for the official release so it can come from the horses mouth.

Social media sucks right now on this, with the absence of information. Heck, I just saw the Concerned Facebook Moms of Dublin float a Change.org petition calling for "Gov. DeWine to not make COVID testing mandatory for OHSAA athletics." Uh-huh?!?
12 hours--9:00 tomorrow makes sense, but everyone deserves to find out sooner rather than later for moving forward--heck WVA and KY were able to make their announcements last Sunday and Monday of this week--today's #'s should have been the clincher for a delay of 2-3 weeks!