OHSAA Hopes To Return To The Fairgrounds Coliseum for State Basketball Tournament In 2025

A facility that hasn’t hosted a basketball game in a decade, and when it last did it was in terrible condition.

I get the sentiment and fanfare of the place, completely, but this would be an example of putting the cart before the horse by the OHSAA. Central District tournament games would be a useful trial run for a return — because Ohio Dominican & Capital have issues and the “play at OU” idea apparently has died after a year.

A facility that hasn’t hosted a basketball game in a decade, and when it last did it was in terrible condition.

I get the sentiment and fanfare of the place, completely, but this would be an example of putting the cart before the horse by the OHSAA. Central District tournament games would be a useful trial run for a return — because Ohio Dominican & Capital have issues and the “play at OU” idea apparently has died after
Doesn't it only hold between 5-6000.

Doesn't it only hold between 5-6000.
Ohio Dominican and Otterbein only hold 1,500 -1,800... At least the Fairgrounds has size going for it - although not much else. Totally embarrassing that last year's Pick Central vs. Olentangy Orange regional final had to be played at Ohio University.

Wright state university. Plenty of parking and easy access. Not the caliber of UD but a decent second choice. Plus they would probably jump at the chance to outshine UD for a few days . . .

Nothing exciting about that announcement. Agree Dayton is better spot. is the Schott out permantly?
OSU really has zero interest in OHSAA events and continues to burn bridges with them in other sports. I’m sure OHSAA would like the Schott, but I doubt it ever comes back into the rotation.

Wright state university. Plenty of parking and easy access. Not the caliber of UD but a decent second choice. Plus they would probably jump at the chance to outshine UD for a few days . . .
Ehhh, I dont like the Nutter Center and I dont think the area would have enough to offer from a hotel, restaurant and entertainment perspective for the OHSAA to move it there.

Ehhh, I dont like the Nutter Center and I dont think the area would have enough to offer from a hotel, restaurant and entertainment perspective for the OHSAA to move it there.
Its (WSU) literally 10 minutes from the south Dayton (Miamisburg) area where a great deal of the teams and fans stayed the last few years when it was at UD. Its just that's WSU is in a different direction. NE versus North. Between Beavercreek, Kettering, Fairborn etc there would be plenty of options. I see the downside being an increased distance from the OD but you cant win them all.

From first hand experience as a player at the state tournament…. The schott/OSU didn’t make for a great experience years ago. The locker room was barely larger than a closet and we were rushed out of the place when our game ended. Seniors couldn’t even soak up that last moment because of them. So I’m glad the state tournament isn’t there for the future. I hate to hear UD might be out of the options, I’ve heard a lot of positives about the tournament being there. Wherever it is hosted, I hope they put the kids and fans first in my opinion.

Move the state tourney around to regions.

2 years in south west Dayton
2 years in central Columbus somehwere
2 years in north east Ohio. Pick a place
2 years in northwest Toledo

Move the state tourney around to regions.

2 years in south west Dayton
2 years in central Columbus somehwere
2 years in north east Ohio. Pick a place
2 years in northwest Toledo
You have to have venues that put in a bid to host. You can't just say pick a place. The OHSAA would laugh you out of the room with that proposal.

OSU really has zero interest in OHSAA events and continues to burn bridges with them in other sports. I’m sure OHSAA would like the Schott, but I doubt it ever comes back into the rotation.
Schott gets filled up for the state wrestling finals and believe it’ll stay there

Schott gets filled up for the state wrestling finals and believe it’ll stay there
Without changing the current setup, there is a very limited number of places it can be held. So hopefully the Schott stays an option. Not 100% of what OSU charges OHSAA for it but I would guess the other top options (Rocket Mortgage and Nationwide) would be more.

Without changing the current setup, there is a very limited number of places it can be held. So hopefully the Schott stays an option. Not 100% of what OSU charges OHSAA for it but I would guess the other top options (Rocket Mortgage and Nationwide) would be more.
Ohio St isn’t even putting in for it. Maybe the new coach will demand Ohio St put in like Urban did for the football

This is great news and a no- brainer , yes The Barn is old and outdated ,but to be able to seat over 5,000 for Central District Finals and the Columbus Regionals and to allow the casual high school basketball fan to attend all the games is a step in the right direction! I for one will attend all 4 District Finals.& Regionals......LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN CENTRAL DISTRICT!!!

I know OSU isn't putting in for Basketball but was unaware they stopped putting in for wrestling.
I don't see OSU wanting the state tourney back. Ohio State women's team has a chance to host the opening round games if they are seeded high enough. I'm guessing that OSU wouldn't risk giving that up to host a HS tourney that brings in less than 5,000 fans a game