Ohsaa Fires Snodgrass

Safety for who Coach? All current data suggests kids are just fine.
You have made this point over and over. My goodness you don't seem to see the issue. Yes, KIDS don't (generally) get deathly ill from this, but kids live with parents/guardians/grandparents. I obviously don't know you, but you seem like the kind of person who doesn't factor in anything that doesn't immediately resemble your exact circumstances and experiences. You may not know this, but some percentage of school age children live with their grandparents for various reasons, another percentage live with people with comorbidity factors that make this dangerous. Many teachers/administrators/cooks/librarians/custodians are older and in the risk category. How do you not see that THIS is the issue? The issue is NOT kids getting and dying from corona virus. The issue is the lack of ability to keep this from spreading to vulnerable parts of the population. If it is proven that children aren't carriers who can infect others, then this becomes a different discussion. Until then this is going to be a rough ride for schools and sports.

You have made this point over and over. My goodness you don't seem to see the issue. Yes, KIDS don't (generally) get deathly ill from this, but kids live with parents/guardians/grandparents. I obviously don't know you, but you seem like the kind of person who doesn't factor in anything that doesn't immediately resemble your exact circumstances and experiences. You may not know this, but some percentage of school age children live with their grandparents for various reasons, another percentage live with people with comorbidity factors that make this dangerous. Many teachers/administrators/cooks/librarians/custodians are older and in the risk category. How do you not see that THIS is the issue? The issue is NOT kids getting and dying from corona virus. The issue is the lack of ability to keep this from spreading to vulnerable parts of the population. If it is proven that children aren't carriers who can infect others, then this becomes a different discussion. Until then this is going to be a rough ride for schools and sports.
Is it I that I don't understand or is it that you don't understand? Or do we disagree on how the Pandemic should be handled?? I prefer to think we have differences of opinion. Vigorous disagreement is ok in my world. It's how all points of light are digested.

Here is my way of thinking. It's opinion

Covid hit and we were unsure how catastrophic the virus would be.
We were very cautious and I personally find that acceptable.
We are more than 7 months into the Covid Pandemic and we have a better understanding.
It's time for personal responsibility. It's been 7 months and we cant isolate ourselves out of the Covid issue.
But, politics and medical malfeasance have been added into the Arena.
It now becomes more difficult for anyone to make informed decisions. I personally think there is a liberal narrative being driven by the media and some in the medical profession. The day protesting was acceptable and going back to school wasn't opened my eyes.

Let's take this farther. I obtained emails from persons associated with one of the largest school districts in the State of Ohio. This email was asking the teachers,support staff and administrators to join in a protest. Guess what happened? Some chose to protest. How do I know that? I have their pictures protesting. This is not an isolated incident. It happened all over the state. Flash forward now and explain how going back to school and protesting without social distancing make sense. Even as this occurred I'm not willing to paint all teachers and others with such a broad brush. There are many many professional teachers. But it happened and forgive my suspicion of the educational community.

I am only one person with an opinion and I'm thankful the moderators have permitted our discussions. I think wrestling and all forms of sports are essential. Let's not forget the Band,Drama,Choir and so forth. These are essential for hard learning development. I find no reason to stop these from occurring. No one makes anyone participate. If the risk are to high for an individual then don't participate. If any teacher,janitor or admin find the job to dangerous don't participate.

Now let's apply the KISS model to education.
We can't guarantee a person won't be infected in the educational setting. Easy answer--- Everyone now works and learns from home. That's it, game over and everyone is safe. I am actually rooting for this option.