Ohio's Oldest League the NWOAL

Interesting league race so far.

I really thought Bryan would be a major player in the league race but they have been a little disappointing so far.

Wauseon and Evergreen seem to be the top 2 but Wauseon as they normally do, lost the league game to Archbold. Indians are better then the Streaks.

LC could still play spoiler next week with Archbold but if not then the league title will come down to Archbold/Evergreen in 2nd to last week of the season.

As far as the new gym at Rossford it looks great, anything was better then their old gym, including Stryker's old stage!!

Cleveland Senate League started. In 1906 NWOAL 1923
It started in 1926. Athens league it created The SEOAL was always known as the oldest non city league. It started in 1925. Athens didn’t want to expand but Logan got the big ego and wanted to be the OCC wannabe league. Athens left and the league fell apart

Pretty good night for the NWOAL in non-league action.

Surprised by Wauseon's loss at Rossford and Swanton losing to Genoa but other then that solid effort.

Archbold knocking off Toledo Christian was a little surprising also but in a good way for the league.

LC had a big win over a good Pettisville team also.

Surprised by Wauseon's loss at Rossford and Swanton losing to Genoa but other then that solid effort.

Archbold knocking off Toledo Christian was a little surprising also but in a good way for the league.

Rossford came out red hot in the first half. Wauseon lost a starter just before halftime to an ankle injury.
After being down 14 to start the fourth quarter, Wauseon was able to take a 1 point lead with 2 minutes left. Tough loss, but the kids battled.

That's one thing I learned when moving into Wauseon...Wauseon kids are hard-nosed and battle til the end. This coaching staff is very good also they get the most out of these kids. Not a lot of height but this group plays hard and plays together.

Liberty is hard to figure out, losses to OG, Wayne Trace, Fostoria, Evergreen and Wauseon are all understandable. Losing on the road at Tinora is a game they would like to have back. Got a win over Pettisville but their record is deceiving so other than that they have mostly beaten the teams they were more talented than and haven't stole a game from a better team. LC got Bryan last year but has struggled on the road, for the most part their remaining schedule is favorable so hopefully can draw a decent seed and win a tournament game.

Why? I know the transitive property is pretty useless overall, but....

Defiance 32 Wauseon 29 at Wauseon
Rossford 63 Defiance 50 at Defiance

Rossford is 13-1 with that 1 coming to Johnstown-Monroe in a tournament at Grandview Heights. They're really good.

Evergreen 4-0 14-1
Archbold 4-0 13-4
Wauseon 3-1 13-5
Bryan 2-2 12-5
Liberty 1-3 9-8
Swanton 1-3 7-9
Delta 1-3 5-12
PH 0-4 2-14

Friday
PH @ Bryan
Swanton @ LC
Evergreen @ Wauseon
Delta @ Archbold

Evergreen/Wauseon should be a great game this week. Interesting to see if Indians can handle the size of the Vikings, although the Vikes big guys do like to chuck the 3's. Will be a great tournament atmosphere Friday at Wauseon.

Swanton and LC could be a good game as well...Archbold and Bryan should win easily but that is why they play the games.

Swanton @ Clay tonight. I had the over/under for Clay at 6 wins. They need this game and the Ottawa Hills game to get there.

6 Wins would be tied for the most wins they have had in 12 years. I think Clay wins by 10-15.

Edit**** Or 33 69-36 Final Score

Last edited:
Not sure what is going on with Swanton...play the top teams tough but then struggle with others...

Clay is very big 6'8", couple 6'5" kids, 6'4" kid and have played pretty much everyone but Lima Sr. pretty tight. They are last in the TRAC, but would be 2nd-3rd in the NWOAL, NBC or TAAC. They are by no means a good D1 school, but match up very well with most small school teams. I expect them to beat Ottawa Hills by double digits this year too.

In the last 10+ years they didn't even match up well with even average small school teams.

Last edited:
Clay is very big 6'8", couple 6'5" kids, 6'4" kid and have played pretty much everyone but Lima Sr. pretty tight. They are last in the TRAC, but would be 2nd-3rd in the NWOAL, NBC or TAAC. They are by no means a good D1 school, but match up very well with most small school teams. I expect them to beat Ottawa Hills by double digits this year too.

In the last 10+ years they didn't even match up well with even average small school teams.

Clay was competitive with Rossford and Stritch in preseason scrimmages.

Not the same as a real game, of course, but they looked like they had some solid players.

Also, anything can happen with HS and college-age kids. Some nights the ball won't go in the hoop and the other team can't miss...

Evergreen 5-0 17-1
Archbold 5-0 15-4
Bryan 3-2 13-6
Wauseon 3-2 13-6
Liberty Center 2-3 10-9
Swanton 1-4 7-11
Delta 1-4 6-13
Patrick Henry 0-5 2-17

D2
4 Wauseon vs 6 Kenton/8 Elida
5 Bryan vs 2 St Marys
D3
1 Evergreen vs 7 Van Buren/8 Otsego
2 Archbold vs 9 Swanton/12 Montpelier
10 Delta vs 11 Lake
5 Lib Ctr vs 6 Genoa
D4
13 Patrick Henry vs 4 Kalida

Evergreen 6-0 20-1 (Clinched at least a share of the league)
Archbold 5-1 15-6
Bryan 4-2 15-6
Wauseon 4-2 15-6
Liberty Center 2-4 10-10
Swanton 2-4 8-12
Delta 1-5 6-15
Patrick Henry 0-6 2-19

Delta @ Wauseon
LC @ PH
Archbold @ Swanton
Bryan @ Evergreen

Bryan?Evergreen could be a great game. Golden Bears have the size to match up with the Vikes.
Yeah, I expected a little more in Bryan's match ups with Archbold/Wauseon with their size but it didn't translate as they were blown out in both.