Ohio State Football 2023

Interesting CJ hasn't declared yet......will he somehow be the last to announce coming back?
It would be a punk move. I am sure McCord would be out the door if CJ came back. If he plans to comeback, he should give the other QBs the opportunity to get established and enroll at another school.

It would be a punk move. I am sure McCord would be out the door if CJ came back. If he plans to comeback, he should give the other QBs the opportunity to get established and enroll at another school.
What? McCord might leave if Brown gets the job or vice - versa, I will take Stroud back in a heartbeat, but it is not happening.

What? McCord might leave if Brown gets the job or vice - versa, I will take Stroud back in a heartbeat, but it is not happening.
So would I. Players have until the 18th to enter the portal. McCord has been a good soldier. If Stroud would come back, which is what we are discussing, I am sure McCord will be gone. If Stroud comes back, there is no qb competition. Stroud leaves, McCord and Brown are guaranteed at getting a shot at the starting job. If Stroud plans to come back he should give the other qbs a heads ups so they can plan accordingly. It would be the decent thing to do.

No way Stroud is coming back to OSU.
Do we know in the new world of NIL?
I do realize the risk-reward is not realistic, but maybe he wants to leave C-Bus as the greatest to have ever played the position?
1. Beat Hairball
2. Win the Big
3. Win the Natty
4. Win a Heisman

It would be quite the story. I am not optimistic, but NIL pockets may be deeper than we think for CJ.

Players have been doing a half and full day delays on NFL announcement to allow each player announcing to have their moment. Id expect to see Stroud announce in the next day or so.

Regarding LEL’s NIL post: I wonder how much OSU’s relentless stranglehold on their trademarks are making it difficult to sell player specific gear. Who wants a MHJ in plain clothes bobble head? People want one of him in his OSU jersey

Find it hilarious that some people are actually trying to hold out hope for this. They would have needed to afford the entire offensive line to be back first before ever making a move on CJ and they couldn't do that.

Do I think he will come back? No. I agree they have been spacing decision announcements. Deadline for draft is Monday, so we will know soon

Hartline tapped as the new OC. Interesting, tells me Day is not giving up play calling. Thought Frye might get the nod, I like the way he runs the ball vs. Day.

Promoting Hartline might be a move to keep him on the staff as much as anything. Have to think they've been getting calls

Promoting Hartline might be a move to keep him on the staff as much as anything. Have to think they've been getting calls
It’s exactly what was done with Frye at UCLA. “Promoted” to O coordinator to keep him on Chip Kelly’s staff…bigger title, more money, still basically the O line coach while Chip continued to call the plays and put HIS stamp on the overall offense.

No way Stroud is coming back to OSU.
i think he has about three days to make up his mind.... 99.9% he goes, and will be a Top 5 pick or..... maybe he will transfer and probably make more money in a NIL deal to a SEC school, then getting drafted

its a great move.... so this might be interesting....why do you feel it is a risky move?
He has 0 offensive play calling experience and Ryan Day said he would relinquish play calling duties which I don’t see happening now. Coombs was a great recruiter and DB coach but an awful DC. Hopefully this doesn’t backfire the same way

He has 0 offensive play calling experience and Ryan Day said he would relinquish play calling duties which I don’t see happening now. Coombs was a great recruiter and DB coach but an awful DC. Hopefully this doesn’t backfire the same way
well, maybe they should have loaned him to Ohio Northern for a year, to get some experience calling plays....... or maybe Day has seen enough of Hartline and sees that he was ready for the promotion.....what do you think? or do you risk some other college sneaking in and getting them on their staff....... what do you think?

I will also add that Ryan Day hasn’t won a big game in quite awhile and is on decently thin ice right now. This next season is extremely crucial for him to not only win but recruit a top 3 class since 2023 was not an elite one

well, maybe they should have loaned him to Ohio Northern for a year, to get some experience calling plays....... or maybe Day has seen enough of Hartline and sees that he was ready for the promotion.....what do you think? or do you risk some other college sneaking in and getting them on their staff....... what do you think?
That’s fine you trust Ryan Day but I really don’t. He doesn’t win big games and until he does he shouldn’t be given the benefit of the doubt IMO

Everyone had zero play calling duties before they started calling the plays. In my opinion the offense might need a little different mind to help call plays. As the saying goes, those who do the same thing over and over again and fail, yet expect a different result are insane. Is it a risk to make Hartline the OC? Yes. Did Kevin Wilson do anything remarkable enough to leave his mark on the program as one of the greatest coaches at OSU? No.

i think he has about three days to make up his mind.... 99.9% he goes, and will be a Top 5 pick or..... maybe he will transfer and probably make more money in a NIL deal to a SEC school, then getting drafted
I could see NIL's making college football turn into a College Free Agency period. Teams coming up to Stroud offering him deals if he stays and transfers to their school. The way OSU's NIL's are going I could see this kind of scenario playing out...Alabama-we'll offer you 10 million to stay and transfer, Georgia-we'll offer you 15 million to stay and transfer....Ohio State-we'll offer you 1 million, a free car from Ricart, and a free dinner from Ruth's Chris Steak House, he's gotta stay then.

Everyone had zero play calling duties before they started calling the plays. In my opinion the offense might need a little different mind to help call plays. As the saying goes, those who do the same thing over and over again and fail, yet expect a different result are insane. Is it a risk to make Hartline the OC? Yes. Did Kevin Wilson do anything remarkable enough to leave his mark on the program as one of the greatest coaches at OSU? No.
Kevin Wilson did guide OSU to multiple top 5 offenses plus he had head coaching experience. Ohio State is not the place to be learning on the job