Ohio State Buckeyes 2019

In mainly mop up duty? I'm just saying, to me personally, his speed does not translate to the game and he lacks good RB moves. As I mentioned, I see OSU reloading or returning at every position BUT running-back.
I think he played in more than mop up, and not just against bad teams.
Teague ended up with more yards than 8 of the Big Ten teams’ primary rbs.
He certainly doesn’t appear to be a JK, but he’s not a bad rb.
I think a lot depends upon his attitude in the offseason and when he starts the 2020 season.
After last season who would have predicted Burrow to have the year he had?

"At that Tuscaloosa camp, Teague put up incredible numbers, including a 4.31 40 time, 40.7 vertical leap, and 4.00 3 cone. With those numbers, Teague would have been the top running back performer in each event at the 2017 NFL combine. Then, five days later, Teague showcased his skills again, at an Ohio State camp. He put up equally impressive numbers, and wowed the coaches. "

Teague 5'11" 220lbs; evidently the extra 10lbs from his 210lb Alabama camp weight has slowed him down.

I think Teague is slightly overrated. You saw against Clemson outside of one run he got taken down so easily and just didn’t impress me at all. I also think Julian Fleming is going to ball out for Ohio State. He is different. The way he runs so smoothly and the way he catches effortlessly and he has true sprinter speed. The defense is what i’m afraid of, even if Young stays. Okudah and Wade are probably declaring. Fuller and Arnette graduate. We saw how the backups played this year. We also lose Malik Harrison. The offense should be outstanding but the defense will be a work in progress.
Teague will be a stud. No worries there.

Agree with Princess on this one. The Buckeyes will be more pass heavy in 2020 with ridiculous skill at WR and a veteran Oline and QB. Any RB will benefit from what’s coming

I'm not sure if this is a goof or did he really think of leaving early for the NFL>

ENTGmNdW4AAeclu.jpg

I'm not sure if this is a goof or did he really think of leaving early for the NFL>

ENTGmNdW4AAeclu.jpg
"Though his announcement was almost certainly tongue-in-cheek, Chrisman is one of the top punters in the country when he's at his best. He has a 43.9-yard punting average on his career, allowing an average of just 1.5 return yards per punt. He also downs 45 percent of his punts inside the 20-yard line and has allowed just 13 touchbacks on 158 career punts." - Eleven Warriors

Next season offensively OSU should do very well, if Fields stays healthy, plus Day is a very good play caller not too many of them around. Remains to be seen what kind of over all recruiter Day is Meyer was outstanding. Defense is where the questions are. Watched replay of final interception, if Olave runs his route it is a td, OMG.

Next season offensively OSU should do very well, if Fields stays healthy, plus Day is a very good play caller not too many of them around. Remains to be seen what kind of over all recruiter Day is Meyer was outstanding. Defense is where the questions are. Watched replay of final interception, if Olave runs his route it is a td, OMG.

Day has a top five recruiting class for 2020 and has a great start with blue chip verbals for the 2021 recruiting class. I am not at all concerned about Day as a recruiter.

Fields may have more pressure on him next year with Dobbins leaving early for the NFL. I think Teague is a truck and will be a 1,400 to 1,600 yard back next season but not as dynamic and shifty as Dobbins.

I am most concerned about the defense, but guys leaving early for the draft is a great thing recruiting wise. That allows teams like Ohio State, Alabama and Clemson to reload pretty easily. Recruits obviously like seeing how many Buckeyes are in the NFL. I would assume Ohio State reloads as usual but probably takes a step back due to inexperience on defense at least the first half of next season.

Ohio State gave the game against Clemson away. A bad call by the refs hurt but Ohio State made numerous huge mistakes that cost them a 14 plus point win over Clemson. Clemson didn't make any crucial mistakes. Life goes on and Ohio State will be in the championship hunt for the foreseeable future. You can't make multiple big time mistakes in a game against a good team and expect to win very often.

Day has a top five recruiting class for 2020 and has a great start with blue chip verbals for the 2021 recruiting class. I am not at all concerned about Day as a recruiter.

Fields may have more pressure on him next year with Dobbins leaving early for the NFL. I think Teague is a truck and will be a 1,400 to 1,600 yard back next season but not as dynamic and shifty as Dobbins.

I am most concerned about the defense, but guys leaving early for the draft is a great thing recruiting wise. That allows teams like Ohio State, Alabama and Clemson to reload pretty easily. Recruits obviously like seeing how many Buckeyes are in the NFL. I would assume Ohio State reloads as usual but probably takes a step back due to inexperience on defense at least the first half of next season.

Ohio State gave the game against Clemson away. A bad call by the refs hurt but Ohio State made numerous huge mistakes that cost them a 14 plus point win over Clemson. Clemson didn't make any crucial mistakes. Life goes on and Ohio State will be in the championship hunt for the foreseeable future. You can't make multiple big time mistakes in a game against a good team and expect to win very often.
Clemson made 2 big mistakes, one fumbled the football that somehow was not a fumble and punt receiver had football hit his leg but somehow the football stayed right beside him. But it is what it is.

Hopefully Day takes the loss as an opportunity to learn how to close, but he sounded like a petulant child, whining about this and that to the media and refs! Terrible show of leadership!!! Take ownership of yourself and your team, Ryan!! Stop making excuses and EXECUTE!!

Ohio State will be solid again. The offense will be the class of the Big 10 and potentially the country. The defense will look to some new faces to step up. I think Zach Harrison may have a big year in regards to rushing the passer. The defense just needs to look better than Oklahoma's and this team should be in the playoffs.

Meh. The blown calls in the second half likely wouldn't have cost them the game if they'd gone into the half 24-0 or 28-0 instead of 16-14. Kicking field goals gave Clemson all the momentum to stage a comeback, and they did like the well-coached team they are.

Meh. The blown calls in the second half likely wouldn't have cost them the game if they'd gone into the half 24-0 or 28-0 instead of 16-14. Kicking field goals gave Clemson all the momentum to stage a comeback, and they did like the well-coached team they are.
I hear you but football is a very emotional game. All of the emotion was on Ohio State's side until the targeting call. You do realize that call was made with 3rd and long and I believe a little over 4 minutes until halftime. That play would have forced a punt and possibly after the punt OSU goes down and scores again before half like they had been doing all year.

Instead, the officiating handed the momentum to Clemson. OSU was shell shocked not only because of the penalty but now they have to go without one of their key defensive players. Clemson goes on to score twice, using a little over 2 minutes, before halftime and it's was because of that targeting call. That game will always go down as the one NCAA and SEC fixed. I will never understand why an SEC officiating crew was calling that game.

I do have to laugh though and enjoy the karma Clemson experienced Monday night. First they lose their key LB, who was in Burrow's face all night, on, yes you got it, a targeting call. Then they get TD nullified on a questionable pass interference call that most likely should have been called holding against the DB.

I hear you but football is a very emotional game. All of the emotion was on Ohio State's side until the targeting call. You do realize that call was made with 3rd and long and I believe a little over 4 minutes until halftime. That play would have forced a punt and possibly after the punt OSU goes down and scores again before half like they had been doing all year.

Instead, the officiating handed the momentum to Clemson. OSU was shell shocked not only because of the penalty but now they have to go without one of their key defensive players. Clemson goes on to score twice, using a little over 2 minutes, before halftime and it's was because of that targeting call. That game will always go down as the one NCAA and SEC fixed. I will never understand why an SEC officiating crew was calling that game.

I do have to laugh though and enjoy the karma Clemson experienced Monday night. First they lose their key LB, who was in Burrow's face all night, on, yes you got it, a targeting call. Then they get TD nullified on a questionable pass interference call that most likely should have been called holding against the DB.

Karma does come around and like you said, two plays that were identical.... except I thought the targeting against Clemson was 100% the right call... the one on Ohio State was pretty good but with Lawrence at half the size of his normal height.

As for the TD off the board, both Ohio State's and Clemson's should've remained on the board.

Karma does come around and like you said, two plays that were identical.... except I thought the targeting against Clemson was 100% the right call... the one on Ohio State was pretty good but with Lawrence at half the size of his normal height.

As for the TD off the board, both Ohio State's and Clemson's should've remained on the board.
I've watched the Ohio State target replay several times and what caused that one was Lawrence ducking his head into the hit. Then he played drama queen after the hit. Oh well can't change it now. I agree both TD's should not have been reversed but I have to admit, I enjoyed watching them take down the Clemson score. There's a good chance OSU & Clemson meet again next year in the final four if OSU can rebuild that defense.

I've watched the Ohio State target replay several times and what caused that one was Lawrence ducking his head into the hit. Then he played drama queen after the hit. Oh well can't change it now. I agree both TD's should not have been reversed but I have to admit, I enjoyed watching them take down the Clemson score. There's a good chance OSU & Clemson meet again next year in the final four if OSU can rebuild that defense.
And the most dangerous hit all night was the Clemson receiver getting decked from behind. His head snapped back severely but since the defender hit with his shoulder it was fine and how was he not defenseless if the hit was from behind? I don't agree with Mike Brown on most issues but he was right about instant replay, they have opened a Pandora's box that may ruin the sport

Targeting does not solely occur when players initiate helmet-to-helmet contact. It's defined as occurring when a player "takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball."Aug 21, 2018

Lead with the helmet, get called for targeting. That seems to be the precedent.

Cowherd is now the object of Buckeye wrath, as he said this about Joe Burrow:

"And you didn't know who Joe Burrow was until he transferred to a big school. "