Ohio Heritage Conference 2022

The MAC is the MAC. they are always amazing. Nothing to take away or talk about there. They are the kings of football. Now on NE O Line…. I’m no football wiz but they average over 44 points a game and rush and pass for roughly 200 yards a game. I’d say they are doing ok. On defense they are only giving up an average of 8 points a game. And to think many of those scores are on the JV. I know GV put 20 on their varsity, and Burg and West Liberty. Not sure who else those were the games I was at. But if a defense any defense only gives up 8 points average. I’d say they are doing ok. Just my opinion and I’m not an expert.

The MAC since 2000(Playoffs Only/including 2020) have gone 37-2 against the OHC
Losses: 2001 1st Round DVI Playoffs South Charleston: 53 Anna: 26 2020 1st Round DVI Playoffs West Jefferson 36 Anna: 35
MAC Points Total(1473)= 37.8 Per G
OHC Points Total(449)= 11.5 Per G
Notable teams vs MAC teams
Mechanicsburg- 0-10
West Jefferson- 1-10
Catholic Central- 0-6
SINCE 2000

Losses: 2001 1st Round DVI Playoffs South Charleston: 53 Anna: 26 2020 1st Round DVI Playoffs West Jefferson 36 Anna: 35
Mechanicsburg- 0-10
West Jefferson- 1-10
Catholic Central- 0-6
SINCE 2000
does 2001 even count as Anna wasnt in the MAC yet?

should 2020 count as everyone got in and Anna wasn’t a top 8 seed?

either way, complete dominance over the OHC. but then again, who has the MAC not dominated?

What, that the OHC has struggled almost every time they have ever played them? Lol!
if im not mistaken didnt you guys give Coldwater a fight in 2016? I think that game was in Sidney if I remember correctly. There has been a couple very close games between the two conferences. 2015 ML and Burg, 2014 Minster and Burg, 2016 Greenview and Coldwater.

if im not mistaken didnt you guys give Coldwater a fight in 2016? I think that game was in Sidney if I remember correctly. There has been a couple very close games between the two conferences. 2015 ML and Burg, 2014 Minster and Burg, 2016 Greenview and Coldwater.
i’ve tried to get to a neutral site playoff game each year since 2012. i can say that Greeneview vs Coldwater in Sidney was an absolute treat. the Rams hit the Cavs in the mouth for the first half, but Coldwater clawed back and got the “W”. Greeneview had chances to win but didn’t. that was a great Greeneview team.

i’ve tried to get to a neutral site playoff game each year since 2012. i can say that Greeneview vs Coldwater in Sidney was an absolute treat. the Rams hit the Cavs in the mouth for the first half, but Coldwater clawed back and got the “W”. Greeneview had chances to win but didn’t. that was a great Greeneview team.
As someone who was at this game, completely agree, loved this football game.

Should all the state titles in 2020 count,
yes, they should.

i guess what i was getting at is if covid didn’t happen, Anna likely wouldn’t have been in the playoffs and that matchup wouldn’t have happened. 2020 was just an outlier due to more teams making the playoffs than ever before instead of the traditional “top 8”

regardless, west jeff did beat a MAC team in what was considered a playoff game.

yes, they should.

i guess what i was getting at is if covid didn’t happen, Anna likely wouldn’t have been in the playoffs and that matchup wouldn’t have happened. 2020 was just an outlier due to more teams making the playoffs than ever before instead of the traditional “top 8”

regardless, west jeff did beat a MAC team in what was considered a playoff game.
Thank you for saying that, a lot of people not think so, I don't care if Anna would of been 0-10 you still beat a MAC team,

It took a blocked field goal to beat that team!

The MAC is the MAC. they are always amazing. Nothing to take away or talk about there. They are the kings of football. Now on NE O Line…. I’m no football wiz but they average over 44 points a game and rush and pass for roughly 200 yards a game. I’d say they are doing ok. On defense they are only giving up an average of 8 points a game. And to think many of those scores are on the JV. I know GV put 20 on their varsity, and Burg and West Liberty. Not sure who else those were the games I was at. But if a defense any defense only gives up 8 points average. I’d say they are doing ok. Just my opinion and I’m not an expert.
I thought everyone said the Jets will win the region. If they are complacent with their OL and DL, they won't make the regional final is all I'm saying. OL was holding all game and the DL had holes you could drive a truck through. The QB can beat you with his legs, I want to see him beat them with his arm is all I'm saying. And by the way, talented WRs can make a QB look like all state. Seen if first hand.

Thank you for saying that, a lot of people not think so, I don't care if Anna would of been 0-10 you still beat a MAC team,
Well I wouldn't go bragging about it. When you beat a MAC team in the playoffs, then I would. Just sayin'.

I thought everyone said the Jets will win the region. If they are complacent with their OL and DL, they won't make the regional final is all I'm saying. OL was holding all game and the DL had holes you could drive a truck through. The QB can beat you with his legs, I want to see him beat them with his arm is all I'm saying. And by the way, talented WRs can make a QB look like all state. Seen if first hand.
Why the hate on the Jets? They are 9-0. Hope they go far in the playoffs. GV, 8-1, hope they go far in the playoffs. Did NE beat your team or something? Their OL and DL are just fine. Perfect? Nope! Not sure what game you watched.

Why the hate on the Jets? They are 9-0. Hope they go far in the playoffs. GV, 8-1, hope they go far in the playoffs. Did NE beat your team or something? Their OL and DL are just fine. Perfect? Nope! Not sure what game you watched.
The Jets can't be complacent, period. If they want to win the region, the need to get better! Everyone on here is pumping them up and they need to get better is all I'm saying. With no MAC team being in the region, I really think they can win the region, but Coldwater lurks after the regional. If the Jets want to beat Coldwater, they better get better is all I'm saying.

The Jets can't be complacent, period. If they want to win the region, the need to get better! Everyone on here is pumping them up and they need to get better is all I'm saying. With no MAC team being in the region, I really think they can win the region, but Coldwater lurks after the regional. If the Jets want to beat Coldwater, they better get better is all I'm saying.
Agreed. I like what their coach and staff has done so far with this program. I am sure they are working on improving every week. Would be nice for them to make a long run in the playoffs. Week 10 is first though. Go OHC!

Mechanicsburg- 0-10
West Jefferson- 1-10
Catholic Central- 0-6
SINCE 2000
If we’re going all time you might as well throw Versailles in there as well. WJ struggled with them in the 80’s & 90’s. 1985 lost 14-0, 1986 lost 35-0, 1990 lost 13-0, 1998 lost 18-13 in the first round. This ,
might as well have been the state championship game. The winner of this game would win it all.

Been reading from time to time......
First off @ghsknightsfan if posting brings you joy - do it!
@WJfan4life - Take the playoffs your team according to the fantastic 50 is still one of the better teams in the MACless R23

NE & Greeneview have dang nice football teams and a chance to win R20. I know since 2008 the Burg played in a region with out a MAC team and won 2 of them - 2013 & 2019 and the 2008 game that was a great group of kids that I felt bad for not beating Sidney Lehman :rolleyes: Pointof that story is 1 of those 2 teams ought to get it done. Good Luck!

@Brutus SG Those Versallies teams were in the ole' SWRC - with Graham ect.... Great teams of tiger ball though.

If we’re going all time you might as well throw Versailles in there as well. WJ struggled with them in the 80’s & 90’s. 1985 lost 14-0, 1986 lost 35-0, 1990 lost 13-0, 1998 lost 18-13 in the first round. This ,
might as well have been the state championship game. The winner of this game would win it all.
Cedarville lost to St. Henry at least 4 times in the 90's and early 2000's. Beat New Breman once and lost once.

Which game did you see? I’d be interested to see the stats for that game. I mean if it was as bad as you say then the other team would have rushed all day. On holding from the OL, well I know there is holing every play. On passing, first everyone says they throw to much! Now the QB needs to throw more? I know you were not the one to say they throw to much. They have a receiver with almost 800 yards receiving. QB almost at 1800 passing and almost 1000 rushing plus their three other backs with around 300 each. They seem very balanced to me. I’m not saying they will win the region. I’m only saying they are a pretty good team.

Been reading from time to time......
First off @ghsknightsfan if posting brings you joy - do it!
@WJfan4life - Take the playoffs your team according to the fantastic 50 is still one of the better teams in the MACless R23

NE & Greeneview have dang nice football teams and a chance to win R20. I know since 2008 the Burg played in a region with out a MAC team and won 2 of them - 2013 & 2019 and the 2008 game that was a great group of kids that I felt bad for not beating Sidney Lehman :rolleyes: Pointof that story is 1 of those 2 teams ought to get it done. Good Luck!

@Brutus SG Those Versallies teams were in the ole' SWRC - with Graham ect.... Great teams of tiger ball though.
Yea I knew they were not in the MAC at that point in the 80’s and 90’s. Just brining up the point that Wj struggled with a team who would eventually join the MAC. Good to see you back on here!

Speaking of the MAC, I’m driving up from Columbus to finally see the Coldwater-Marion Local game this Friday!! Haven’t been to a high school game since my alma mater Wj took on north union in the 2013 playoff game which was played in Hilliard. Which was the first game I had been to since 2009. Use to go to every game from when I was born up to that year.

Speaking of the MAC, I’m driving up from Columbus to finally see the Coldwater-Marion Local game this Friday!! Haven’t been to a high school game since my alma mater Wj took on north union in the 2013 playoff game which was played in Hilliard. Which was the first game I had been to since 2009. Use to go to every game from when I was born up to that year.
Hopefully it's a good game. I heard CW's #1 and #2 qb is out. There should be plenty of people tailgating in the park across the street. Or get up there early and grab a bite to eat in town somewhere. I would suggest McSobers or the Bowling Alley.

Hopefully it's a good game. I heard CW's #1 and #2 qb is out. There should be plenty of people tailgating in the park across the street. Or get up there early and grab a bite to eat in town somewhere. I would suggest McSobers or the Bowling Alley.
Thanks for the information! I plan on leaving here around 3ish. Been looking forward to this game for many years now. I messaged Statechampion2012 and got some info a couple weeks ago or so. Like where to park and what time I should get there etc….

1 and 2 are indeed out. Our backup has been out since week 1.

Personally I recommend the Bowling alley or Grill On Main if you call ahead.

There is no way Greeneview can pass Northeastern, even if Northeastern loses. The Max points Greeneview will get is 19 points, even if Northeastern loses they will have 21 points. The max points Greenon can get is 11 points. Northeastern has clinched a top 5 position no matter what.
I'm pretty sure he is not referring to Greeneview. Joe Eitel has NE as #1. So MU and VV will pass them.