Ohio Heritage Conference 2020

OHCStrong

If someone could post the all OHC and SW district here Id appreciate it. Nice to see kids get recognized, especially in this crappy COVID year.

Best chances for all state kids?

WJ QB, and thier number 10 WR?
Hurst and Conley from Burg?
Burden from WLS?
Green kid from Fairbanks?
I think Hurst and Burden were the 2 best players in the OHC this year. I think Hurst will get some all-state recognition. Burden may suffer for playing for a mediocre team, but that kid was the real deal.

justalurker

The Greenon Kicker should get some recognition. He was the difference in that Taft game.

I only saw Hurst play twice, but he was clearly, IMO, the best player on the field both times I saw him.

Id have to say the Beucher sp? kid from WJ would have to be in the conversation for best player.

Down The Road

The teams that are in the Central district (WJ, MP & Fairbanks) have a much easier time getting kids recognized at the district and state level than the rest of the teams that are int the SW district. And this happens for lots of reasons. My opinion is the OHC kids in the central district get about what they deserve and the SW kids get the short end. It's a numbers + media coverage game.

justalurker

I agree DTR. Last year seemed like Madison Plains had more all district kids than either Burg or WLS.
There must not be a lot of D5 /D6 schools in that central area, but I think WJ had some really nice players this year that deserved all District.

Down The Road

I'm glad for every kid that gets district recognition. And Wj definitely has that kind of players. I was just pointing out the differences in the SW vs Central districts.
I agree DTR. Last year seemed like Madison Plains had more all district kids than either Burg or WLS.
There must not be a lot of D5 /D6 schools in that central area, but I think WJ had some really nice players this year that deserved all District.
I think we are on the same page I just wanted to be clear. I'm not trying to short changing anybody.

Gamma Gobbler

As a follower of the OHC and CBC threads; I can't remember if this has been brought up before. Has any school in the OHC and/or the CBC had a 4 time all conference player? The only ones I think that may have been close were Wagner at SCC and Romero at Burg, just spit balling. The only reason I put the CBC in there is for Greenon and Northeastern.

LELL

As a follower of the OHC and CBC threads; I can't remember if this has been brought up before. Has any school in the OHC and/or the CBC had a 4 time all conference player? The only ones I think that may have been close were Wagner at SCC and Romero at Burg, just spit balling. The only reason I put the CBC in there is for Greenon and Northeastern.
I don't think so. Has there ever been 3?

Gamma Gobbler

knightsfan, I checked the CBC site and it appears we have a 4X All Conference CBC. Josh Pilcher, 2008 as a DB and 2009-2011 as a QB. This appears to be before the great Greenon slump and for the life of me, I cannot remember a thing about the kid.

HSFootballFan56

Anyone tuning in for any championship games this weekend? So far, all 3 games have been one sided but DV and DVI have the potential to be barn burners.

thavoice

Anyone tuning in for any championship games this weekend? So far, all 3 games have been one sided but DV and DVI have the potential to be barn burners.
State finals games are not as close as many think. Being a loser, I've broken down the margin of victory for each year per division..
I would have to look in my computer, but 18% of finals games since they went to 7 divisions have finished with 30 plus, and add in NB it's 20 percent I Believe. By looking at final scores, it's likely 25 percent could have had a running clock at some point.