Ohio Heritage Conference 2020

Im getting excited aboutsipping a cold drink and watching the WJ/Mech. game. SHould be a dandy. Should be 1 score either way.

I was thinking that if the WJ team I saw play last year was in D6 this year, they might be the favorite to win state. This years team might be as good, I dont know, but I did see last years team. That was an awesome team.

Good luck to all tonight.

Upset pick? Dont really see any. Closest game could/should be the WL/Triad game. I picked WL to get upset last week and that turned out bad. NE over Fairbanks?
Your WLS Triad pick is impressive! Who knew Triad had improved that much to compete with the Tigers. It is a rivalry game but for Triad to make it that close shows a lot of growth on their part.

the Greenon vs Catholic Central game was like nothing i have ever seen in my life. Catholic Central is very much improved but Greenons defense was legit tonight. also never seen so many personal fouls/fights in a high school game. don’t remember how many ejections. got bad enough to where the Greenon players went straight to the bus in full pads and everything to prevent any more fights.

the Greenon vs Catholic Central game was like nothing i have ever seen in my life. Catholic Central is very much improved but Greenons defense was legit tonight. also never seen so many personal fouls/fights in a high school game. don’t remember how many ejections. got bad enough to where the Greenon players went straight to the bus in full pads and everything to prevent any more fights.

That is the SCC culture ........ time for them to go join the Metro Buckeye. Not just having to due with one football game at all, the leadership of that school and what is allowed is disgraceful. I know they have bills to pay but.......

Hmmm. Interesting statement considering Greenon had double digit Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalties. Alot of taunting and after whistle antics. I’ve been reading the board alot recently and I just recently started supporting SCC now that my two kids are in the program but thats not a fair statement if you weren’t at the game lastnight. If anything I believe the boys should be commended for keeping their cool as long as they did.

Good game to watch SCC is just loaded with 14/15 year olds getting their noses wet. Should be a fun team to watch for the next couple of years!

Hmmm. Interesting statement considering Greenon had double digit Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalties. Alot of taunting and after whistle antics. I’ve been reading the board alot recently and I just recently started supporting SCC now that my two kids are in the program but thats not a fair statement if you weren’t at the game lastnight. If anything I believe the boys should be commended for keeping their cool as long as they did.

Good game to watch SCC is just loaded with 14/15 year olds getting their noses wet. Should be a fun team to watch for the next couple of years!
look, i know you shouldn’t retaliate and that’s Greenons fault but if you were there you could see it was obvious the Irish were doing this and that.. again not defending Greenon but everytime the knights would hit the irish in the mouth, a Central kids tried to get in a scuffle. i saw one young man stand over Greenons quarterback flexing after pushing him out of bounds. disgraceful.

And in return I can say the exact same thing. Standing over players after tackles and big plays. Alot of talking on both sides! You don’t get taunting flags for retaliation! Both were at fault but Greenon was def not the innocent party.

And in return I can say the exact same thing. Standing over players after tackles and big plays. Alot of talking on both sides! You don’t get taunting flags for retaliation! Both were at fault but Greenon was def not the innocent party.
yes, you actually do get taunting flags for retaliation.

It may be an issue with the culture at Greenon HS. I was recently as one of their soccer games. An opposing player goes down with who knows what at the time (knee, broken ankle). Everyone, but Greenon kids, takes a knee. The Knights stand there joking, laughing, cursing. If the football program is anything like the futbol program, it may just come down to leadership or breeding :).

It may be an issue with the culture at Greenon HS. I was recently as one of their soccer games. An opposing player goes down with who knows what at the time (knee, broken ankle). Everyone, but Greenon kids, takes a knee. The Knights stand there joking, laughing, cursing. If the football program is anything like the futbol program, it may just come down to leadership or breeding :).

as a ref and a greenon alumni. The people there are amazing.

Now from a ref perspective. I have actually stopped accepting gamesthat have anything to do with religious private schools. The fans, players and coaches from CJ to Alter to Carroll. Nothing but problems.
While I don’t believe Greenon is totally innocent until I see film. I can say from experience that private schools tend to be worse when it comes to conduct at sporting events.

as a ref and a greenon alumni. The people there are amazing.

Now from a ref perspective. I have actually stopped accepting gamesthat have anything to do with religious private schools. The fans, players and coaches from CJ to Alter to Carroll. Nothing but problems.
While I don’t believe Greenon is totally innocent until I see film. I can say from experience that private schools tend to be worse when it comes to conduct at sporting events.
my grandson had multiple kids from Central call him the N word with a hard R. despicable. not to mention he was called it by a white kid as well as two african-american kids. i never saw a problem with Catholic Central until this year. this is directly on the new coaching staff in my opinion. Greenon is hardly the problem. i got to see some of the film as well, blatantly obvious that each and every fight/scuffle was started by a Central player.

No sir you are mistaken. Actually 5 different kids said your boys were calling them the N word and they were black.

You are an obvious supporter of Greenon and thats great but you have to be blind to make that statement. How do you get double digit Unsportsman Like Conduct penalties and say they were all in response to Catholic Central starting it? That sounds ridiculous. I was there and seen the first snap to the last and what I seen was a group older kids who were upset they got whooped Week 1 and wanted to come out and try to bully a bunch of 14-15 year olds. Those boys finally had enough and fought back. We can argue this until we are blue in the face. The penalties dont lie and I would love to see a copy of the game!

No sir you are mistaken. Actually 5 different kids said your boys were calling them the N word and they were black.

You are an obvious supporter of Greenon and thats great but you have to be blind to make that statement. How do you get double digit Unsportsman Like Conduct penalties and say they were all in response to Catholic Central starting it? That sounds ridiculous. I was there and seen the first snap to the last and what I seen was a group older kids who were upset they got whooped Week 1 and wanted to come out and try to bully a bunch of 14-15 year olds. Those boys finally had enough and fought back. We can argue this until we are blue in the face. The penalties dont lie and I would love to see a copy of the game!
i’ll see if i can get one too you. i watched it today with my grandson. he said the boys at Fairbanks had the same problem with the refs as well as the players at Hallinean last week. i was at the game as well and it was obvious between the game and film that this is a culture problem at Catholic Central. please explain why Greenon would come out one week and pick fights against Catholic Central, out of all teams? much more bad blood with Mechanicsburg, Southeastern, and Greeneview but never seen an all out brawl occur at any of those games.

I was at the game against Fairbanks and there wasn’t a single personal foul or unsportmanlike penalty so I’m not sure where you got that info. Having problems with the refs is a total different issues that doesn't involve the SCC culture. My stepson has played for this staff the last three years and we’ve NEVER had an issue with fighting or anything of the sort. To say its the staff is very inaccurate.

So who is to blame for the nasty use of the N word during the game from the Greenon players? Is that something we should blame on the parents for teaching in their home? Or something they learned from the staff? Either way I think the boys kept their composure because that word would entice some fire or anger in anyone. Not once did I see a Greenon coach get on one of their kids for those flags so I guess its a culture problem over there as well......

I think the South will be between MP and GV. The winner of the North will not go as far in the playoffs as the others in the North. I just have that feeling. North is brutal!

week 3 predictions

Greenon- 28 Madison Plains- 6
Greeneview- 35 Cedarville- 16
Catholic Central- 14 Southeastern- 6
Mechanicsburg- 48 Triad- 20
West Jefferson- 56 Northeastern- 14
Fairbanks- 27 West Liberty Salem- 17

I think the South will be between MP and GV. The winner of the North will not go as far in the playoffs as the others in the North. I just have that feeling. North is brutal!
looks like the rest of the league has already given up on Greenon.

looks like the rest of the league has already given up on Greenon.
One person gives their opinion and now it’s “Nobody respects Greenon.” You are always looking for controversy. At some point in time you are going to have to realize that Greenon is not a nickname for the Green Bay Packers.

One person gives their opinion and now it’s “Nobody respects Greenon.” You are always looking for controversy. At some point in time you are going to have to realize that Greenon is not a nickname for the Green Bay Packers.
ever since Rice left for Northmont, seems like just about everyone kinda left the Greenon train. sure, they arent as good but look at the roster. they’re still talented. i don’t think Greenon has really given anyone a reason yet to start doubting. with that being said, Week 6 against Greeneview will be a war and can’t wait to see it. the Rams are improved, but we’ll see just how much they’ve improved.

I just like to see underdogs. MP looks like they can compete in the South. That's all. :cool:(y)
all in good fun! we will find out Friday what they’re made of. i heard Cedarville have them problems but they ultimately wore the Indians down.

i think we see Catholic Central break the losing streak this week against South Chuck. the Trojans don’t seem to be good at all and the Irish are at least somewhat competitive.

UPDATED PREDICTIONS (after two weeks)
South
1. Greenon
2. Greeneview
3. Madison Plains
4. Cedarville
5. Catholic Central
6. Southeastern

North
1. Mechanicsburg
2. West Jefferson
3. Fairbanks
4. West Liberty Salem
5. Northeastern
6. Triad

I think Greenon probably wins by 2-3 TDs on the road this week. Greenon and Greeneview seem to be on a crash course to decide the south. I would be very surprised if either lost to another divisional team.

The north is brutal. To this point, the bottom of the division seems to have improved significantly from the last few years. The separation between the third team and the bottom has closed significantly.

I was at Greenon vs SCC and this was one of the worst officiated games I have have ever witnessed. The teams played hard but coaches should have been brought to midfield at the end of the first quarter and told to knock of the foolishness or kids would get tossed. Officials allowed this one to get out of hand. Game is over and the better team won so lets move on to this weeks games.

Where has “WLS Color” been. His silence is terrifying. He needs to jump on and add some spice to the board.

Greenon @ Madison Plains- MP wins in OT!
Catholic Central @ Southeastern- SE gets its first victory of the season.
Cedarvile @ Greeneview- GV gets a running clock.
Triad @ Mechanicsburg- Mech gets running clock.
West Jefferson @ Northeastern- WJ gets the running clock.
Fairbanks @ West Liberty Salem- Fairbanks edges out a victory.