Votes: 4 5.6%
  • New Philadelphia Quakers

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • West Holmes Knights

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Wooster Generals

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters

The T-Y Tygers might be the team to beat this year. Complete guess since I am not all knowing of what each team has coming back:
Tier 1 - Senior, Ashland, WH, N.P.
Tier 2 Wooster, Lexington
Tier 3 Mt Vernon, Madison

I think Senior may have the most complete team coming back, but losing Bradley and Hess at LB will hurt. WH has quite a bit returning, but Baldridge and Wolfe are key graduates and SWD leaving will be tough to replace. Ashland may have a good bit of last years team graduating, but does have some up and comers including the QB. New Philadelphia is always competitive, but don't know enough about their roster to speculate. Wooster didn't seem to have any standout athletes at the high school level, but is usually pretty competetive. Lexington has a couple really good athletes, but lacks depth. Mt Vernon and Madison didn't show much of anything last year so they will need to take big strides to show any signs of competing.

How good is Wooster going to be? They are returning quarterback Luke Snowbarger and some talented WRs who will have a year of varsity experience under their belts

How good is Wooster going to be? They are returning quarterback Luke Snowbarger and some talented WRs who will have a year of varsity experience under their belts
Their QB was average in the pocket and less if he was forced to move. His O-line is the question for their success.

I think they are leaving because they cannot compete for first place in most of the sports the OCC offers. This came from a o couple of MV coaches/boosters. The similar reason they left the Central Ohio OCC.
I would say it has a lot to do with a giant Intel Plant being built in licking county…

Not a phila fan in any way but they have a ton of young talent in every sport.
Piggy backing off of that comment and a way to early prediction for the 2023 season...Name a player from each school that is ready to break out this year. It could be a underclassmen coming up or a senior that has been behind another good player.

New Philadelphia and Mansfield senior will be my top two picks to win the conference. Tygers losing the LBs and ricky mills on the dline will be huge for them. QB play is down but if he put the work in this off season i could see it turn around. They may rely on scoring points more this year then ever. Normally they rely on defense. That being said Ashland and West Holmes both have something to prove. West Holmes having sam william dixon leaving and Ashland having a super talented younger class (inexperienced varsity level) will both be fighting. Ashland also having Valentine coming back that has already lit a spark in the players and community. But, has his offense been figured out? I would love to say Lex has a chance but the coaching situation has the kids not even wanting to be there.

Piggy backing off of that comment and a way to early prediction for the 2023 season...Name a player from each school that is ready to break out this year. It could be a underclassmen coming up or a senior that has been behind another good player.
Ashland- Senior RB Spotts- Has the most expereince on the roster. With i believe 0 returning starters on the line coming back hell have to take the leader role and get kids ready to step up. He's due for a big rushing year.
Mansfield- Owens TE/ DE - He has multiple D1 offers already but is it because of his size and potential. The team was ran by Mills, both Bradleys' and Hess. Can Lala step up on his own.
Madison- Kuhn QB/ Seven Allen WR- With a new coach and potentially going to a Run first offense its hard to predict where Madison will go this year.
West Holmes- Kyle Malterich WR- Kids a animal. works hard and plays hard. I believe hes under rated and i just hope he has a QB to throw him the ball. Sam Leaving i see this team trying to get it in Kyles hands more. Which could be a bad thing.
Wooster- They'll need multiple skill players step up. All their talent is in the soon to be 8th grade class.
New Philly- Them being new and so damn far away I'm not sure about names and potential yet. I do know they reload boys that can play.
Lex- Most would say Fogle, I'm going to say Caudill. what can Caudill offer to this team. I believe if he succeeds then Fogle will shine.

New Philadelphia and Mansfield senior will be my top two picks to win the conference. Tygers losing the LBs and ricky mills on the dline will be huge for them. QB play is down but if he put the work in this off season i could see it turn around. They may rely on scoring points more this year then ever. Normally they rely on defense. That being said Ashland and West Holmes both have something to prove. West Holmes having sam william dixon leaving and Ashland having a super talented younger class (inexperienced varsity level) will both be fighting. Ashland also having Valentine coming back that has already lit a spark in the players and community. But, has his offense been figured out? I would love to say Lex has a chance but the coaching situation has the kids not even wanting to be there.
Last year NP struggled to score against average teams. They must improve on that if they will be at the top of the OCC. Mansfield QB has a good arm but poor accuracy and he will have a new OC, which some say will be an improvement, but it is uncertain. Ashland may have some minor growing pains, but the previous coach was on Valentine's staff and may have still been using some of the old ways which could make things go much faster in his first year back. Sources have told me Lexington's young head coach is getting advice from an assistant who is a proven failure at multiple programs and is not someone the kids want to play for.

Last year NP struggled to score against average teams. They must improve on that if they will be at the top of the OCC. Mansfield QB has a good arm but poor accuracy and he will have a new OC, which some say will be an improvement, but it is uncertain. Ashland may have some minor growing pains, but the previous coach was on Valentine's staff and may have still been using some of the old ways which could make things go much faster in his first year back. Sources have told me Lexington's young head coach is getting advice from an assistant who is a proven failure at multiple programs and is not someone the kids want to play for.
New Philly has some talented freshman that i believe can help that on offense. Yea, Ashland ran the same concept on offense. I know its always next man up for the Tygers but they're all out of Bradley's and Grose's. Defensively at least. Tygers are also ones with a talented freshman group coming in. I know they'll "make" the kids eligible academically but some may have problems off the field.

New Philly has some talented freshman that i believe can help that on offense. Yea, Ashland ran the same concept on offense. I know its always next man up for the Tygers but they're all out of Bradley's and Grose's. Defensively at least. Tygers are also ones with a talented freshman group coming in. I know they'll "make" the kids eligible academically but some may have problems off the field.
The Tygers without a Bradley or Grose will be a switch for sure. I was questioning if their QB was ready to be the reason the team wins games. He is athletic but needs to have playmakers around him to make him look good. The changing of the OC will be something to watch.

The T-Y Tygers might be the team to beat this year. Complete guess since I am not all knowing of what each team has coming back:
Tier 1 - Senior, Ashland, WH, N.P.
Tier 2 Wooster, Lexington
Tier 3 Mt Vernon, Madison
Although they have been successful at filling open spots over the years, this season could be a test for them to do so. The TY personnel they have to replace will be difficult on the defensive side. And that is the side that has been carrying them consistently.

Although they have been successful at filling open spots over the years, this season could be a test for them to do so. The TY personnel they have to replace will be difficult on the defensive side. And that is the side that has been carrying them consistently.
Defensively, it will be very hard to replace the four they're losing. They potentially have some incoming freshman that could help on offense.

So next season the OCC will be

Ashland
Dover
Lexington
Mansfield SR
Madison
New Philadelphia
West Holmes
Wooster
I don't think Dover has been invited to the OCC as of yet. There has already been some transportation issues to and from New Philadelphia with some schools. Demographics and facilities wise Dover would be a great fit. But distance is a sticking point.

They've tried to get Ontario and Shelby to join. But as everyone knows, you can never put the best interest for the kids first. New Philadelphia is a absolute nightmare. Yes, its good competition for the OCC but the late bus rides, parents rushing after work, and not enough bus drivers is already getting old. Everyone was happy when they removed Mt. Vernon for those reasons and then they add a school that's further from the schools that are having the most issues.

Phila is my dark horse. They ended last year playing disciplined and methodical against Dover and the d3 champ Canfield. They got Mansfield at Mansfield but are home for their other tough matchups. And apparently some of their opponents feel like they are traversing the Oregon Trail to get there.