Votes: 1 2.9%
  • New Philadelphia

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • West Holmes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wooster

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This was a major loss for the team. Probably the best player and a tremendous athlete, they also had one rotating big man that played some good minutes off the bench last year quit during the preseason. Depth is what continues to hurt these guys, only having 6 maybe 7 kids to play varsity basketball is not a good situation.
We can disagree on this. It appears clear you may be in the community and I am outside looking in, the player that quit during the season was an athlete but was not a concern when deciding the game. Knowing last years roster, they had no promising size other than Wolfe and Fair.

We can disagree on this. It appears clear you may be in the community and I am outside looking in, the player that quit during the season was an athlete but was not a concern when deciding the game. Knowing last years roster, they had no promising size other than Wolfe and Fair
That is something we will disagree on, he averaged around 15 points a game as a freshman, then missed last season due to injury, I'm pretty sure the only game he played this season he was our leading scorer and if nothing else he's another varsity quality player on a team that only has 6 or 7 varsity type kids.

That is something we will disagree on, he averaged around 15 points a game as a freshman, then missed last season due to injury, I'm pretty sure the only game he played this season he was our leading scorer and if nothing else he's another varsity quality player on a team that only has 6 or 7 varsity type kids.
If not mistaken, freshman year was at Loudonville and it was closer to 11 points/game, which is a totally different game and schedule then West Holmes plays. I don't know how many games he played before he quit, but he was not the leading scorer in any of what I know of.

Last edited:
Nice win by Lexington over Mansfield Senior Friday night.

Starting Friday night with Mansfield Madison at home, the Tygers will play five games in seven days. After Madison is state-ranked Sandusky

Let's try again.

Nice win by Lexington over Mansfield Senior Friday night.

The Tygers have a chance to finish the regular season on a high note.

They will play five games in eight days starting Friday night at home against Mansfield Madison. Then comes state-ranked Sandusky on Saturday night at home, Tuesday night at home against Columbus Eastmoor, away at Ashland on Friday night, and home Saturday night against Trotwood Madison.

They close the regular season Friday, Feb. 17, against Lexington at home.

I w
What Ohio Cardinal Conference team will make the deepest run in the post season?
I would think New Philadelphia or Lexington. Although Lexington's district is a potential buzz saw with Sandusky and Shelby. New Philadelphia's district doesn't appear to be quite as strong imo.

Quakers face must game at Wooster tonight. Unfortunately with several postponed games early in the year due to extended football seasons Phila is facing for the second time 3 games in 5 days and all on the road.

Saturday scores 2/4...
Sandusky 79
Mansfield Sr. 74

Massillon Washington 61
Ashland 54

New Philadelphia 41
Steubenville 42

Norwalk 57
Madison 62

Boy Philly is not looking to good now losing to Steubenville in basketball
After taking in the Dover Steubenville game I suspect Steubenville had some injury problems because they looked a lot better than the record indicates and Isah Hill is a great athlete.

What will the D2 Ashland District seeds be?

1. Sandusky.
2. Shelby.
3. Lexington.
4. Mansfield Senior.
That looks right to me. There is excellent parity in this district. Anyone of these four teams can win the whole thing.

Playing without Elias "LaLa" Owens, its second-leading scorer and leading rebounder who sat out as a precaution following an injury last week at Lexington, Mansfield Senior lost by just 5 to Sandusky 79-74, Saturday night

Here are the Match-ups for the Ashland district tournaments

Upper Bracket- Bucyrus High School

Sectional Semi-Finals

Wednesday February 22nd
Game 1- #12 Vermilion vs. #8 Sandusky Perkins @ 6:00pm

Game 2- #5 Mansfield Sr. vs. #9 Norwalk @ 7:30pm

Sectional Finals

Friday February 24th
Game 1- Vermilion/Perkins vs. #1 Sandusky @ 6:00pm

Game 2- Mansfield Sr./Norwalk vs. #4 Bellevue @ 7:30pm

Lower Bracket- Mansfield Madison Comprehensive High School

Sectional Semi-Finals

Wednesday February 22nd
Game 1- #11 Clear Fork vs. #7 Ontario @ 6:00pm

Game 2- #10 Galion vs. #6 Willard @ 7:30pm

Sectional Finals

Friday February 24th
Game 1- Clear Fork/Ontario vs. #2 Shelby @ 6:00pm

Game 2- Galion/Willard vs. #3 Lexington @ 7:30pm

Here are the Match-ups for the Ashland district tournaments

Upper Bracket- Bucyrus High School

Sectional Semi-Finals

Wednesday February 22nd
Game 1- #12 Vermilion vs. #8 Sandusky Perkins @ 6:00pm

Game 2- #5 Mansfield Sr. vs. #9 Norwalk @ 7:30pm

Sectional Finals

Friday February 24th
Game 1- Vermilion/Perkins vs. #1 Sandusky @ 6:00pm

Game 2- Mansfield Sr./Norwalk vs. #4 Bellevue @ 7:30pm

Lower Bracket- Mansfield Madison Comprehensive High School

Sectional Semi-Finals

Wednesday February 22nd
Game 1- #11 Clear Fork vs. #7 Ontario @ 6:00pm

Game 2- #10 Galion vs. #6 Willard @ 7:30pm

Sectional Finals

Friday February 24th
Game 1- Clear Fork/Ontario vs. #2 Shelby @ 6:00pm

Game 2- Galion/Willard vs. #3 Lexington @ 7:30pm
Hmm.

Sandusky only beat Sandusky Perkins 85-83 in overtime Friday night. An upset special in Bucyrus?

Hmm.

Sandusky only beat Sandusky Perkins 85-83 in overtime Friday night. An upset special in Bucyrus?
Gawh, Bucyrus is a hike for Sandusky to play in a sectional tournament.

I remember the old days when Mansfield Senior played in the sectional tournament in drafty, decrepit Marion Coliseum, which was an old airplane hangar. Is it still there?

Other tournament pairings 1st round...
West Holmes vs New Philadelphia

Madison vs Holland Springfield

Ashland vs Toledo Bowsher

Wooster vs Elyria