Officials Postpone School’s Daddy-Daughter Dance Due To NYC’s Gender-Neutral Policy

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
27545368_546469532405999_1457666479593306582_n.jpg

Attachments

• 27545368_546469532405999_1457666479593306582_n.jpg
    27545368_546469532405999_1457666479593306582_n.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 93

Disgraceful. I've been to a few of those dances. If they are worried about inclusion/exclusion I've seen many a young lady without their Father. Uncles, Older brothers, Grandpas, even at least one Mother that I recall.

Getting tired of the words "political agenda." Call it what it is, a "social agenda."

Normally I'd say, people will adjust. If the reaction here is to cancel an event because of concern over what one or two other families might do? Not sure that was the wisest. I don't think father dancing with a son or Mother with son or Mother with daughter cancels the bond between a father and daughter. Each is still able to see the bond in their own light.

People will not adjust unless they're brainwashed into thinking humans are not sexually dimorphic. <-- Google actually has this word removed from its dictionary and tries to substitute it with isomorphic :laugh:

What I find interesting is that the people talking about it keep bringing up that some girls have two Moms, two Dads, single Mom, Dad in jail, Dad deployed somewhere. Basically, how unfair that a few girls may not be able to enjoy this dance because their Dad is unavailable. No one is bringing up that half the kids in the school (boys) are being excluded too.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly believe that Father-Daughter dances should exist. Just find it interesting that all the Social Justice Warriors are looking at this from only one angle and it exposes their biases.

At a time we are trying to get more male figures involved in children's lives, it's stuff like this that make people shake their heads...

At a time we are trying to get more male figures involved in children's lives, it's stuff like this that make people shake their heads...

The social justice types saying it is about "exclusion" are being dishonest. It's exactly because it's a father-daughter dance that it was banned by the State of New York. If it were a mother-daughter career day, it would never have been canceled, even though I'm sure there are plenty of young girls that would have to take their father because mom moved away or died, or take an aunt, etc. Part of the current leftist ideology is that any event specifically for males is to be considered suspect. This isn't a secret, they openly claim it needs to be done because of the historical power imbalance between men and women.

Eventually these moves by social justicers are going to run up against civil rights and Title IX legislation in the courts, where they will rightfully be tossed out.

The social justice types saying it is about "exclusion" are being dishonest. It's exactly because it's a father-daughter dance that it was banned by the State of New York. If it were a mother-daughter career day, it would never have been canceled, even though I'm sure there are plenty of young girls that would have to take their father because mom moved away or died, or take an aunt, etc. Part of the current leftist ideology is that any event specifically for males is to be considered suspect. This isn't a secret, they openly claim it needs to be done because of the historical power imbalance between men and women.

Eventually these moves by social justicers are going to run up against civil rights and Title IX legislation in the courts, where they will rightfully be tossed out.

Unless they use their institutional control to change the rules, which they would not hesitate to do.

Unless they use their institutional control to change the rules, which they would not hesitate to do.

Oh, absolutely. There's a court case out there from the late 70s or early 80s, I forget the name, that set the precedent that EEOC and civil rights ruling apply to everyone, not just minority groups. The furthest left social justicers would love to throw that out.

Won't happen though. Trump is filling federal judge vacancies at a record pace. There will be no undoing it for 30 years -- IF Republicans maintain control of the Senate in November.

Heard about this. This is what happens when you allow weak people in charge. We no longer can make ANYONE feel bad anymore. It's absolute silliness. There is nothing wrong with having Father/ Daughter or Mom/ son, or any kinds of dances like that, and simply allowing kids to substitute when necessary.
Moreover, instead of de-emphasizing family relationships, we need to lift them up as the standard!! Folks, it's plain as day. Kids with two parents, Mom and Dad, male/ female, have the best chance of growing up and leading productive lives!!! It's always been that way. We just keep lowering the bar as to what is acceptable. I mean if you want to be a single parent, or have two moms or two dads, have at it, it's not illegal. Just understand that the kids - BY PERCENTAGES - are going to have problems.