OE Girls College Showcase

Saw CDA 01 vs FC Pride Red 01 last night in the rain ended up 0-0. Both sides had good chances to win but obviously failed in the box. Good pace game despite the rain. CDA had slightly more game control and definitely more corner opportunities but Pride had great opportunities to go ahead late. Keepers played well. Frantic final 5 minutes I thought someone was going to score as they were both disorganized on the backend trying to score. Entertaining game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw CDA 01 vs FC Pride Red 01 last night in the rain ended up 0-0. Both sides had good chances to win but obviously failed in the box. Good pace game despite the rain. CDA had slightly more game control and definitely more corner opportunities but Pride had great opportunities to go ahead late. Keepers played well. Frantic final 5 minutes I thought someone was going to score as they were both disorganized on the backend trying to score. Entertaining game.

That was the FC Pride 2nd team. TFA 01's National League team did beat the ECNL team 3-2. Didn't get to see it but CDA 01 did tie the OP ECNL team.

Went and looked at the standings. OP ECNL beat FCP Red and IL. Thunder 2-0 but tied CDA01 1-1. CDA01 tied with FCP and IL. Thunder. Wish I could have watched the CDA01 and OP ECNL game to get some context.

Went and looked at the standings. OP ECNL beat FCP Red and IL. Thunder 2-0 but tied CDA01 1-1. CDA01 tied with FCP and IL. Thunder. Wish I could have watched the CDA01 and OP ECNL game to get some context.

CDA vs OP was a good game, certainly more chances on the OP side, but that's the game. I missed maybe 3 minutes of that game and that's when CDA scored. That CDA team is talented but not on par with the OP team. Davis dictated the flow well for OP from midfield just didn't go their way. She's a pleasure to watch, so creative.

FCP vs OP the game was shortened by the coaches to 30 minute halves. it was Sunday am and VERY cold and windy. OP completely controlled the game, I think FCP sniffed the goal maybe 2x with only one real threat of a score late in the 2nd half.

Context is very important, I watched another game that was 2-0 and the winning team was in possession for honestly 90% of the game, in the attacking half had another 3 strong shots hit posts and a 4th was blown just wide of an open net by huge gust of wind. But the game was almost a 2-2 tie as the losing team missed 2 PK that were both on interesting calls (Ball to hand in the box and the attacker dove into the defender at an angle who went straight up but the smaller attacker went down). Would have been a shame as the skill and quality of the 2 teams was light years apart for those 2 teams to tie and than have people see those scores with no context.